CL: Real Sociedad - Juventus (8 Viewers)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #81
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    I would like to see DV and Trez upfront with Miccoli behind them. I know this will not happen but I`d like to see Lippi trying this trio once.
    Very interesting indeed, I think it'd be effective. It's a progression, from forward to striker. Miccoli's more creative than Di Vaio, and Di Vaio > Trez :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #83
    I didn't really call DV creative, just moreso than Trez, and he's a little bit more a forward than Trez, who's just a striker.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    "I always try to score," said the left-back. "Sometimes I manage it and other times I don’t. I can still improve because you never stop learning in this game.
    wise man zambro.. :touched:

big match against Real.. unfortunately.. I can't see it :(

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Yeah I agree with gray.

Anyway after the morning training that ended an hour ago, the following news have come out:

- Legro will not play cos he has not recovered yet.
    - Lippi announced that Miccoli will start as a reserve so the front two will be DV and Trez
    - Uefa just officially assigned Juve's second goal against Gala to DP instead of Ferrara

So here's the probable formation according to today's training and what Lippi's said:

------------------Buffon---------------------

Thuram--Montero--Iuliano--Zambrotta

---Camoranesi--Tacchinardi--Davids---

---------------------Nedved-----------------

-----------Trezeguet----Di Vaio-----------

dreamer

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah I agree with gray.

Anyway after the morning training that ended an hour ago, the following news have come out:

- Legro will not play cos he has not recovered yet.
    - Lippi announced that Miccoli will start as a reserve so the front two will be DV and Trez
    - Uefa just officially assigned Juve's second goal against Gala to DP instead of Ferrara

So here's the probable formation according to today's training and what Lippi's said:

------------------Buffon---------------------

Thuram--Montero--Iuliano--Zambrotta

---Camoranesi--Tacchinardi--Davids---

---------------------Nedved-----------------

-----------Trezeguet----Di Vaio-----------
    huh? Trez? :frown:

he's really off-form now...y put him in starting lineup?

shld put in Miccoli...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Cos Miccoli played 90 minutes on Saturday. Anyway Trez might be off-form but if you don't lay him he won't get back in form ;)

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #89
    ++ [ originally posted by dreamer ] ++

huh? Trez? :frown:

he's really off-form now...y put him in starting lineup?

shld put in Miccoli...
    It's a loophole really. It's not fair to not field a player because he's off form, because then he'll never regain his form, and then he'll never play..

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    I'm surprised no one has commented the "- Uefa just officially assigned Juve's second goal against Gala to DP instead of Ferrara" ;)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    I'm surprised no one has commented the "- Uefa just officially assigned Juve's second goal against Gala to DP instead of Ferrara" ;)
    Missed me, huh ;)
    Good to see that they have finally assigned the goal to Del piero, he surely deserves it. Forza Del Piero :thumb:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    He was on the same level (30 goals). In fact some people had said that maybe Inzaghi had bribed Uefa not to award the goal to DP so he won't pass him ;)

dreamer

Aug 7, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

It's a loophole really. It's not fair to not field a player because he's off form, because then he'll never regain his form, and then he'll never play..
    i know its not very fair but IMO i will put in the strongest eleven against Real Sociedad and Miccoli is defintely "stronger" than Trez at the moment :D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I'm looking forward to this game as we have a good record against Spanish teams, seeing that we have progressed at the expense of both Barca and Real in the past season to reach the final .. Depor is a different story :D

Anyway, Kovacevic would want to prove something against Moggi and co .. even though he asked for a transfer due to the lack of playing time in the 2 seasons that he spent here, he scored many goals coming up as a substitue but never really broke the Del Piero - Inzaghi partnership .. He eventually returned to Soceidad, the club that launched his career as a professional player before joining Juve ..

Back to Juve, I believe Trezeguet deserves a chance and he would be raring to go after all the critisicm he received .. Italy's Romario could be used in the second half if we're in trouble .. it would be nice to welcome back Neddy though as we clearly missed his efforts against Ancona .. Camo is also back, which means more support from the wing to our front two players ..

Soceidad's season up to now:

La Liga - Played: 7, Won: 2, Draw: 3, Lost: 2, Pts: 9, For: 8, Against: 7, GD: +1, Position: 10th.

Most Recent Match: 10/18/2003 Albacete-Real Sociedad 3-1

Champions League - Played: 2, Won: 2, Draw: -, Lost: -, Pts: 6, For: 3, Against: 1, GD: +2, Position: 2nd.

Most Recent Match: 09/30/2003 Galatasaray -Real Sociedad 1-2

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    I'm looking forward to this game as we have a good record against Spanish teams, seeing that we have progressed at the expense of both Barca and Real in the past season to reach the final .. Depor is a different story :D

Anyway, Kovacevic would want to prove something against Moggi and co .. even though he asked for a transfer due to the lack of playing time in the 2 seasons that he spent here, he scored many goals coming up as a substitue but never really broke the Del Piero - Inzaghi partnership .. He eventually returned to Soceidad, the club that launched his career as a professional player before joining Juve ..

Back to Juve, I believe Trezeguet deserves a chance and he would be raring to go after all the critisicm he received .. Italy's Romario could be used in the second half if we're in trouble .. it would be nice to welcome back Neddy though as we clearly missed his efforts against Ancona .. Camo is also back, which means more support from the wing to our front two players ..

Soceidad's season up to now:

La Liga - Played: 7 Won: 2 Draw: 3 Lost: 2 Pts: 9 For: 8 Against: 7 GD: +1 Position: 10th

Most Recent Match: 10/18/2003 Albacete-Real Sociedad 3-1

Champions League - Played: 2 Won: 2 Draw: - Lost: - Pts: 6 For: 3 Against: 1 GD: +2 Position: 2nd

Most Recent Match: 09/30/2003 Galatasaray -Real Sociedad 1-2
    2 Pts :eek:
    Certainly you mean 23 Pts ;)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    The only Sociedad player to score in the fateful night agaisnt Albacete, Nihat Kahveci has reviwed the encounter after today's morning session. The Turk states that - 'We were concentrated and never believed that we were guaranteed the 3 points. We had a great first half in which we could've scored many goals.'

Nihat recognized that the teams is failing on too many occasions to score goals - 'In the first half we could've gone 3-0 up, but in the second they scored from the 3 chances they had.'

Turning his attention to the European encounter in Turin Nihat stated - 'We wanted to go with more confidence, but the two teams are very different. It's a pleasure to play against Juventus, a great team that only stopped in the final match of last season (Champions League final).'

With two wins in the group, a positive result in Turín would give Real a much needed push. Nihat sees it clear: " If we win or draw the match, then we surely advance to the next phase. Is a very important match".

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Lippi to field real Juve
    --------------------------------

Juventus boss Marcello Lippi has confirmed that he will play his best men against Real Sociedad on Tuesday.

The tactician rested a number of his first team regulars for the 3-2 win at Ancona on Saturday but they will return at the Delle Alpi in the Champions’ League clash.

"I will make a number of changes to the team that played at the Del Conero," said the Coach. "I have a full squad to pick from apart from Alex Del Piero and Nicola Legrottaglie."

Pavel Nedved and Lilian Thuram will return after they were rested over the weekend. While David Trezeguet will feature after he started on the bench against Ancona.

The Frenchman is set to play alongside Marco Di Vaio, with Fabrizio Miccoli – two goals at the weekend – relegated to the bench.

The Italian champions are looking good for qualification after two wins out of two, like Real, but Lippi is not getting too excited.

"Until qualification is mathematically secure then I won’t comment on the next round," added the tactician.

"There are still four games left to go and the clash against Real Sociedad won’t be an easy match for us."

Lippi also commented on the sacking of Inter boss Hector Cuper. "I’ve spoken to him on a number of occasions and he seemed like an excellent person," said Lippi.

"Cuper had never been sacked before but these things happen. I hope that he can soon get back into the game."

Meanwhile, UEFA have assigned Juventus’ second goal against Galatasaray to Del Piero. It was initially awarded to Ciro Ferrara in the 2-1 win.

Juventus probable: Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Zambrotta; Appiah, Davids, Tacchinardi; Nedved, Di Vaio, Trezeguet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)