CL: Real - Milan (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Anyone see the game last night? I thought it was funny how the two World Chumps Rivaldo and especially Ronaldo (who is actually overweight) did nothing at all throughou the game. Rivaldo scored a header from a Maldini but that's the exception.

Final score 3-1

1st goal
Roberto Carlos starts a nice move, goes past Dalla Bona (no talent) and gets fouled, passes on to Ronaldo who gives it to Raul who rounds Simic (or was it Costacuarta?) and fires right at Abbiati who manages to deflect it in.

Great through ball for Ronaldo who is one on one with Abbiati, misses.

2nd goal
Zizou lets a long pass land at his feet, then spontaneously lays it off to Roberto Carlos without even looking at the ball. RC on the left to Raul in the center, turns away from Redondo, feints a shot and takes out Laursen, fires into the net. This time no can do for Abbiati.

3rd goal
Milan's counter attacks finally pay off, Maldini takes matters into his own hands, crosses at the edge of the box for Rivaldo who makes it an easy header.

4th goal
Guti has come on for Ron. Zizou holds the ball in the box, far on the left. Costacuarta is on him, he waits and draws Laursen to come too. Then he passes in between them to Raul who is right outside the goal with Nesta close by, passes back to Zizou who comes running, shoots and Guti taps in the deflection.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
One goal was so typical. With Real, you should ALWAYS look out for the third man!!

The first man is the guy who gets the ball and starts the attack, the second man is the guy who receives the ball from the first man and plays it through with only one touch. The third man is the guy that already starts running before the second man receives the ball and who finishes the attack by scoring a goal.

Great play and very Real! Very dangerous as well with Raúl usually being the third man!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++
I thought it was a really nice gesture for the Madrid crowd to cheer on for Redondo :)

-S-
That's cool. :touched:

Martin, Ronaldo's weight problem might be the result of a fear to push him(self) too hard - he might break again.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Saw the game. Something about Milan that is very scary. I think they would have beaten Real if that match meant anything to them.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I have the game on tape, still didn't came around to watch it :stress: I'm counting on Milan to do their job next week as I want Real out!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Me too - I would really hate to see Real get to the quarterfinals and eliminate Ajax or some other team I really like!

Don't bother to watch the game, Nina. It wasn't impressive at all! I even got bored during the 30 minute summary! :undecide:

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #14
    It wasn't all that, I agree. Quite good though I'd say. Course I don't mind Milan nor Real so probably is less interesting for someone neutral.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Well, I'm quite the Milan fan when they're playing in Europe. No, let me rephrase that: I'm an Inzaghi-Shevchenko fan so I was really pissed off after watching that match :D

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #18
    I was just making a point, wasn't supposed to be interpreted sarcastic at all. Of course some people can't resist so..

;)

Oct 2, 2002
    we have discussed in our devilsmania forum this game so much....the one who needed a win..got it...milan was very boring. though....i must say...if the game meant us something important...we could win it..if carletto fielded a right squad with right attitude, grid and will!

Oct 2, 2002
    no pippo, pirlo fielded for only 2 minutes..rui fielded only in second half..hesta for only some 15 mins....dalla bonna doing some shitty staff, sucking big time rivaldo....poor sheva seeing no help from team mates...only seedorf and maldini were fighitng!

nando...hhhhhmmm, perhaps was too emotional and comitted to many mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)