[CL] Real Madrid 2-1 JUVENTUS (October 23, 2013) (3 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Overall one could say we played quite well but there's a lot of work to be done. Some conclusions:
- why so late with the formation change Conte?
- our attacking play was much better today with 4312/433 than with 352. Actually I hope Conte never ever deploys 352.
- Chiellini is a walking disaster this season. Penalty he gave away was stupid and he's 100% to blame for that. The Ronaldo challange would look much different if he didn't use that elbow. It would actually look more like a dive not a foul.
- Pirlo offers nothing to this team unless we play an actual 433 where he can do those long balls. He seems to be more of a danger now than useful to this team. He should be benched I guess.
- Caceres is a beast. I wanted him to start the game as RB before there were rumors of 4 man backline with him. He and Licht are good enough to play while Isla is a joke and Padoin should be used only in case of emergency.
Our CBs are too slow that's why we used 3 man backline so far. They're strong and good in the air but slow. In a league match I'd like to see Barzagli - Ogbonna in the middle.
- Ogbonna isn't suited to the LB role at all.
- Conte has to put some effort in improving our players' ball controll and keeping possession. We give it away way too easily.
- Last but not least: we drop back too deep! It leaves other teams too much space and territory. We should stay higher up the pitch and press their DMs when they try to make their play.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Gala will surely win their next game too. We must win the next game against Madrid! A draw wont cut it.

The big question right now is if Conte will be sticking to this formation or change it back to 352 for the next serie a game.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Real -------------------- Juve
7 shots on goal 9
7 shots off target 5
52 ball possession 48
4 corners 5
12 fouls 15
1 offsides 1

Jul 20, 2012
I liked the formation, thought it was rather good, and I'd keep it in the return leg as well.

Buffon

Licht - Barza - Bonucci - Caceres / Ogbonna

Vidal - Asamoah - Pogba

Giovinco - Llorente - Tevez
I think Marchisio was fundamental to the team even though he barely appeared. He limited the wingers and fullbacks from getting too forward and causing the overlapping runs

Epic

Jan 7, 2013
Real played this game like it was practice. They scored their first goal in the 4th minute, gave us the ball and let us play. We took advantage of this and played some ok football creating some chances and scoring a goal. Keep in mind though that during that period Real did not put any real effort into their game. They were 1 goal up, with 6 points from two games in the CL and a few days before El Clasico. Soon after we scored they got the penalty and put the game to sleep. After Ronaldo converted that penalty on the half hour mark, we created close to nothing. Of course the referee was a disgrace, of course the red card was ridiculous but a team that is aspiring to the CL semi-finals and has two points after the games with Copenhagen and Galata should try to get something from the game. Real on the other hand did exactly what they did after the first goal, tried to put as little effort into the game as possible before the game with Barcelona.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Overall one could say we played quite well but there's a lot of work to be done. Some conclusions:
- why so late with the formation change Conte?
- our attacking play was much better today with 4312/433 than with 352. Actually I hope Conte never ever deploys 352.
- Chiellini is a walking disaster this season. Penalty he gave away was stupid and he's 100% to blame for that. The Ronaldo challange would look much different if he didn't use that elbow. It would actually look more like a dive not a foul.
- Pirlo offers nothing to this team unless we play an actual 433 where he can do those long balls. He seems to be more of a danger now than useful to this team. He should be benched I guess.
- Caceres is a beast. I wanted him to start the game as RB before there were rumors of 4 man backline with him. He and Licht are good enough to play while Isla is a joke and Padoin should be used only in case of emergency.
Our CBs are too slow that's why we used 3 man backline so far. They're strong and good in the air but slow. In a league match I'd like to see Barzagli - Ogbonna in the middle.
- Ogbonna isn't suited to the LB role at all.
- Conte has to put some effort in improving our players' ball controll and keeping possession. We give it away way too easily.
- Last but not least: we drop back too deep! It leaves other teams too much space and territory. We should stay higher up the pitch and press their DMs when they try to make their play.
-Cause our form kept real from scoring 4 other goals
-just wait till licht is back
-idiot. pirlo is so vital in the buildup play even at his age.
-in a league game you need the passing of bonucci
-yet di maria didnt rape us. wierd, isnt it.
-against real in bernabeu ? how odd
-peasant. dropping deep is the reason why real didnt got a single action down the wing in the entire first half. you dont push up high when christiano ronaldo, di maria and bale are 5 seconds faster in a 0-100 sprint compared to your defenders

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Chiellini isn't even looking at the ball. He deserved what was coming. He knew that this ref won't allow our defensive tricks, yet he continued doing them. We were unlucky to get a ref (linesman) who whistles this kind of contacts, but once we realized that this is the case, Giorgio should have known better. I can't blame Ronaldo for trying to get the most out of this, but Chiellini was begging for the punishment. There was no need to pull Ramos like that. Yes, you start with a shirt pull, but once he realized that Buffon will get to the ball first, he should have let off the jersey. Same with the red card incident. Just look at him. He's actually closer to the ball and instead of trying to get it, he does the most stupid thing one could do, especially since Ronaldo wouldn't have had the best angle to score, even if he got to the ball first.

The defeat is 100% on Chiellini. Not on the ref or Ronaldo.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Chiellini isn't even looking at the ball. He deserved what was coming. He knew that this ref won't allow our defensive tricks, yet he continued doing them. We were unlucky to get a ref (linesman) who whistles this kind of contacts, but once we realized that this is the case, Giorgio should have known better. I can't blame Ronaldo for trying to get the most out of this, but Chiellini was begging for the punishment. There was no need to pull Ramos like that. Yes, you start with a shirt pull, but once he realized that Buffon will get to the ball first, he should have let off the jersey. Same with the red card incident. Just look at him. He's actually closer to the ball and instead of trying to get it, he does the most stupid thing one could do, especially since Ronaldo wouldn't have had the best angle to score, even if he got to the ball first.

The defeat is 100% on Chiellini. Not on the ref or Ronaldo.
Sadly are right. I hate having to blame anyone especially a legend like Chiellini butnhe fucked up.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yes the ref. Because while what you say is true, this isnt a red card, yet he gave it
Technically it's a red card. Chiellini, due to his stupidity not to go for the ball, stopped a 1 on 1. There weren't other Juve players around. I'd have given a yellow here, but the ref won't get punished at all, because the rules are on his side.
Even more, if this wasn't a red card, Chiellini did deserve a red card. Yellow for the penalty and yellow for this. The ref didn't distribute the cards in a way not to provoke controversy, but even as it is, we won't really have a solid ground to object against the red card in UEFA.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It's not over though. I was proud with how we played. A dumb penalty and a Shit ref cost us this one.
We need to at least win our next 2
Putting us on 8, hopefully Gala draw putting them on 5, we then get a draw away and we are through.

Of course it could also go this way
We draw our next, we have 3,gala win they have 7, they play Real and Draw because Real have nothing to play for and we best Kop meaning we are on 6 forcing us to have a must win game in Turkey which is doable. We aren't out and to an extent fate is still in our hands.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Technically it's a red card. Chiellini, due to his stupidity not to go for the ball, stopped a 1 on 1. There weren't other Juve players around. I'd have given a yellow here, but the ref won't get punished at all, because the rules are on his side.
Even more, if this wasn't a red card, Chiellini did deserve a red card. Yellow for the penalty and yellow for this.
A yellow for the penalty would have been harsh, Ramos wasn't getting anywhere near the ball. It just so happened to be a foul in the area, a quirk of the penalty kick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)