[CL] Real Madrid 2-1 JUVENTUS (October 23, 2013) (2 Viewers)

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Why?
If we Beat take 7 points we'll have 9.(beat real,beat Copenhagen,draw Gala(1-1) )
Gala have 4,if they take 4 points they'll have 8(beat Copenhagen,lose to Real,draw with us 1-1)

7 points is enough if Gala lose to Real or lose points in Denmark.
if if if if
если бы у бабушки был хуй....

мы не выдим из группы :sergio:

Buy on AliExpress.com

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
if if if if

yeah seems so.. welcome europa league :/

But if we'll keep this good level of play we can do it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not much to fault in Juve's performance there.

They've played an excellent half of football where they at least matched Real Madrid, but the second half was then an irrelevance, though Juve did reasonably well in it.

Liked the 4-3-3/4-5-1 system. Had a nice balance about it and made sure Juve always had good passing options. Juve were able to take Real Madrid on higher up the pitch than they could have if they'd been playing the 3-5-2/5-3-2, I think, which had to be viewed as a good thing given how Juve have been defending recently. There was the odd issue in the first half of Vidal and Pogba getting up into postions that would be fine if they had three centre backs behind them, but with it just being Pirlo and two centre backs, it left Juve looking a bit exposed and vulnerable.

First goal came from a collective error from Juve. There wasn't enough pressure on Di Maria to make pushing up a good idea. The defence should have held its position deeper so that there would have been less space for the ball in behind. However, when the run is that well timed, it is extremely hard to defend against when playing zonally. I would have liked to see someone marking Ronaldo and tracking the run, but that's not how Juve (or anyone else these days, it seems) choose to defend.

Still, Juve reacted very well and played an excellent twenty minutes of football where they took control of the game, created lots of dangerous situations and scored an excellent goal.

Then came the second Real Madrid goal from nothing when Juve were on top and in control. Now, I won't dispute that it was silly and unnecessary of Chiellini to hold Ramos like that, but there's no way I'd have given a penalty because Ramos never in a position where he could possible have got to the ball. Different matter if Chiellini's holding is actually stopping Ramos when he has a genuine chance to go and attack the ball.

That knocked Juve back a little and Real Madrid stepped up their pressing a little, which put Juve in a couple of uncomfortable spots, but nothing overly serious and Juve saw the half out relatively comfortably.

And then the game was over. I didn't even think it was a foul, so how you can give a straight red for that is beyond me.

Think the only players I would critice are Ogbonna and Tevez.

Ogbonna looked uncomfortable and a bit cumbersome, but that may just be down to playing in a relatively unfamiliar position and not having played much recently, which meant he was never going to look sharp.

Tevez started the game well, but I think he pretty much disappeared after Real's second goal. Then the real problem came when he was moved to centre forward after the red card. He was far too static. He was neither dropping short to get the ball to feet to Juve retain possession nor running in behind or into the channels to try and push Real back and help Juve get up the field and give the defence a bit of a rest. Seeing how Tevez played, I think Llorente can feel pretty unfortunate to have been the one substituted, as he was doing well.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
if if if if

:sad: :cry:

надежда умирает последней!

Forza Juve!!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Do we still have a chance IF we get 7 points from the next 3 games
Even 6 more points could be enough for Juve.

If Galatasaray win in the next round of matches they'll be on 7.

Juve win in Turkey and at home against Copenhagen and they'll be on 8.

It would then come down to how Juve and Galatasaray do in their second games against Real.

Ref was telling the players that Chiellini got the red because he was last man and it was a goal scoring chance not the elbow, from Conte
Ronaldo was too wide on the pitch for it to be a clear goal scoring opportunity.

I hope the Real Madrid fanboys on this forum who said Barcelona gets help from the ref are happy.
Was thinking about that crowd during the game.

Epic

Jan 7, 2013
I don't know if you guys are high or something but we were absolutely disgusting today. Real gave us tons of space but we played slow and clueless. Nobody was moving, pressing or fighting in any way. We are conceding right, left and center. Today in the first half Real had one decent offensive play and two goals. Something needs to be done if we are to win something this season

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I don't know if you guys are high or something but we were absolutely disgusting today. Real gave us tons of space but we played slow and clueless. Nobody was moving, pressing or fighting in any way. We are conceding right, left and center. Today in the first half Real had one decent offensive play and two goals. Something needs to be done if we are to win something this season
Dafuq!

May 16, 2013
we had more tackles and more shots on target than them so how come you are saying we didn't press or fight

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
So they had one decent play because we were good, or because they were bad?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)