[CL] Real Madrid 2-1 JUVENTUS (October 23, 2013) (4 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
In 4-2-3-1 you'd have to drop both Bonucci and Pirlo. There's no room for poor at defending registas. CBs and CMs have to be good at defending and strong.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
This one is the big test, hopefully we can walk away with a result and some confidence. I don't know what to expect, this game will tell us a lot about where this season is headed.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Considering we've been shit apart from against Lazio (Some reason our tactics rape them) I expect nothing

Why is it that against almost any team in Europe or any top 7 team in Serie A, we always allow them to control the game and dominate us? Or is our midfield actually massively overrated?

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Yes. Against Madrid I would just model my team on Atletico and study their tactics.
athletico played a defensive 4-4-2 with twin strikers costa+villa. so conte should go for:

Buffon
Litchsteiner Barzagli Chiellini Caceres
Pogba Vidal Pirlo Giovinco
Tevez Llorente​

BayernMan12

Jul 13, 2013
R.Madrid are in no better shape than Juventus, if it wasnt for some individual effort from CR7 they wud be in a shit hole. I see this ending in a draw but the outcome is very much in the air

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Considering we've been shit apart from against Lazio (Some reason our tactics rape them) I expect nothing

Why is it that against almost any team in Europe or any top 7 team in Serie A, we always allow them to control the game and dominate us? Or is our midfield actually massively overrated?
Because you can't press high up the field with a 3-5-2 without exposing ypur defense. In theory, however, 3-5-2 should be great at sitting back and allowing absolutely no space for the attacking team.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
If Buffon starts the game in "pensioner mode", then God help us with the humiliation.
The Rossi shot today is a pretty standard cr7 kick. The ball twists and bends and you need to be quick to punch it away. If Buffon doesnt find some of the class we all know he has, he's going to announce his retirement after the game.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Not blaming the 3-5-2 for today but against teams like Madrid it'll most likely get raped 9 times out of 10

Next summer we need to pick a back 4 system, offload 1 or 2 CBs, one of Pogba/Vidal and some scrubs and build for that.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Not blaming the 3-5-2 for today but against teams like Madrid it'll most likely get $#@!d 9 times out of 10

Next summer we need to pick a back 4 system, offload 1 or 2 CBs, one of Pogba/Vidal and some scrubs and build for that.
none of that! offload players like de ceglie, padoin and motta and buy at least 2 wingers and a centre forward plus a leftback. if llorente does absolute nothing then sell him as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)