[CL] Olympiacos 1-0 JUVENTUS (October 22nd 2014) (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
Not that any one will listen and I am probably repeating what has already been said here but I'll say my piece anyways. Yesterday was a nightmare. The first half was embarrassing, especially for Pirlo. I have never seen that man so off of his game. He couldn't make a good pass if his life depended on it. Harsh? Maybe, but you all know he was absolutely dreadful. Second Half things picked up and I think Chieso added a lot to that. I thought he played well for us in the 40 or so minutes he played. Besides the backline, which was still extremely shaky was terrible. Carlos, though tried his best, was invisible. Asa was non-existent. For as black as he is, he has never looked so close to looking like Casper the ghost. Morata shined in the second half for me. He was extremely unlucky but I think he showed us what he is capable of. I hope he can show us soon what he can do for us up front. Besides that, our team couldn't connect a pass and everything was falling apart.

My solution and this is extreme, but we need to change our team owners...Call me a sellout, but I think we need to be scooped up by some extremely rich investor where we can get a large cash influx each year to enable our team to get the players we need. Juve is too good for Serie A but not good enough for the CL. It just shows how far behind the Serie A is now compared to today's football. Its quite sad to be honest, as 10 years ago, the Serie A was at or near the top. Our owners have history with the club, I get that, but they can't do anything for us anymore. We cannot rely on finding bargains and gambling, while we have found some gems, yes, and hoping that our team will produce results. We should've won yesterday. The old Juve would have, but the present Juve cannot. We are playing in our former self's shadow and it is giving us an ego that we don't quite deserve yet. I hate to say it, but time will not solve our problem but money will.

Our team could be so much better. Just think about it, which I know you obviously already are, but still, we could dominate teams. Our defense is set. Our midfield is set. We just need some WORLD CLASS wingers and another striker and some Adderall to keep our attention focused on winning because the teams mind is somewhere is on holiday. All the articles that came out yesterday said that Juve are missing something. Yes, money, attention, WC players. Things to solve this problem? New owners, Adderall!!!!!!, Money for WC players.

I miss the 2003-04 Juve. I know all of you do too. We shouldn't be playing like this. I know I am writing this as if we are out of the competition, which we aren't but still. It feels like it and for the past 3 years we have produced the same, uninspired football. I love Juventus but sometimes its hard to watch the team play like my high school footy team (we were bad).

Anyways, rant over. Agree or disagree, things need to obviously change and they must be big changes at that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
The problem is we couldnt actually keep the ball in the middle in first half, Pirlo couldnt make a pass, Vidal was piss poor, Licht went for easy passes to Ogbonna or Bonucci as always and Asamoah is out of form. Only Pogba tried to do something.

Jul 20, 2012
Everyone is saying it's not the formation and tactics but it is. Just like how sassuolo was able to lock us down olympiacos Did the Same. Allegri needs to implemented more fast passing like we saw in some periods during the game yesterday. Above all we need to get rid of this fucking formation. Something that we are infamous for is we don't start playing until we are losing and that is not only in europe. Allegri has shown that he is willing to change the formation but I don't understand Why he doesn't start with a different formation

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Long term we need half a new team to be honest

But short term I don't see why simply removing a defender for a more attacking player isn't a completely 100% justifiable option when we're struggling to score in Europe and our fucking 7 defenders aren't exactly shutting the opposition out anyway.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Probably because after a mostly respectable return to the CL even with a shit strike force, we've had 2 years of Conte telling our team how we're underdogs who can only dream of beating any god damn team in the fucking CL.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
yeah, but Capello's team was also scared, weren't they?

I personally think it has to do with the whole country being against them/doubting them, wishing them the worse... it builds up in their muscles, they freeze up.

Beko

Mar 17, 2010
i would blame the injuries ,even the current players looks so tired , yesterday and in the game with sassoulo and after back from national call , juve is not the same ,, there is something wrong + giovinco should start earlier than this .

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
yeah, but Capello's team was also scared, weren't they?
That's because his style of pathetic football limited what was a CL worthy squad.

Now we lack the personnel and the mentality. Back then we just had a typical stubborn Italian manager who was about as good at adapting as Ogbonna is at defending.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Does anyone notice how Tevez disappears when Llorente isnt playing?

- - - Updated - - -

Paul Pogba admits Juventus “lack something in the Champions League” after a 1-0 defeat to Olympiacos.

“I think we do lack something in the Champions League, whereas in Serie A we are more relaxed,” the Frenchman told Sport Mediaset.

“In Europe we play against teams who are all very strong and we must take that extra step to go forward.”

Pogba had one of the best scoring opportunities in the second half with a cross-shot that Roberto flapped out from under the bar. Was it an intentional hit?

“It was meant to be a cross. I wanted to hit it hard across, but it went up and the goalkeeper anticipated it. The ball could’ve gone in, the goalkeeper did a great job tonight.”

Juve were caught out on the counter this evening when Andrea Pirlo was dispossessed and Pogba revealed this is a tactical issue.

“Allegri tells me to run off the ball, but the problem is that I should be closer to Andrea, as otherwise I leave him on his own.”

That last one confused me... :shifty: If Allegri tells him to run off the ball, who tells him he should be closer to Pirlo?

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
All talk about New owner?? I don't get it!
Our problem is not our squad, do arsenal, Dortmund, atletico madrid have much better players??
No fucking way!

Our problem is that fucking pussy Italian mentality.. Football has changed, the present and the future is quality and attacking football.. Olympiakos is not better than midtable serie A team, but when we Play chl, we Play not to loose and not gong for a win!!

When we Play away to Milan ex. We go There to win, but when we Play olympiakos we go for a draw!
We are Juventus fo Fuck sake! We must ALLWAYS try to win!!

Look how much trouble moratts gave Them! He is not even a dribler! Giovinco would Tore Them apart!

We need to start playing players with speed and skills! I know gio is not the Best in the world, but his dribling skills is on high international level! We have a fantastic midfielder, we just need than creativity when we attack - and you don't get that from wing backs..

I WANT A FORREGIN COACH

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Arsenal, Atletico and Dortmund have fucking playmakers and Wingers

Something every fucking club in Europe FUCKING KNOWS that they need at the highest level

The core of our team is fine, our midfield is excellent and our defence even at it's current level isn't exactly much worse than the best out there.

But our playmaking, our creativity is non existent. It simply doesn't exist. and our 'Wing play' (I find it hard to call what we do wing play as it's offensive to actual wingers) is just as bad as it could realistically be.

Stop comparing our squad to Dortmund and Atletico. Both have recently been CL finalists both have won a proper league in recent times too.

Just because you think we match up for teams man for man doesn't mean we actually do.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Waste of time calling for new owners and presumably Man City-style spending (that highly successful European team with playmakers and wingers) when we can't get the best out of the players we already have.

Our problems are in terms of our footballing philosophy, and how it has now started to hinder us mentality. There are negatives to every style of play, but it's been obvious for some time now that we need to switch up how proactive we are in European games.

Having said that it seems obvious that Allegri would keep our 3-5-2 for the two toughest fixtures in the group phase. As it stands we only failed miserably for one game (or ½/¾ of a game), but again it has piled pressure on us. The Olympiakos return game is a perfect example to change our philosophy going forward.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Obviously you need just more than playmakers and good wingers but every single successful European team has one of those sorted out. Having good wing play or a player who can unlock defences is not optional. You either have it, or you need to rely heavily on the opposition being shit to advance.

Citys problem is for all the money they spend they're narrow minded idiots who would rather buy a luxury 4th choice striker than address their needs.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Probably because after a mostly respectable return to the CL even with a shit strike force, we've had 2 years of Conte telling our team how we're underdogs who can only dream of beating any god damn team in the fucking CL.
This

- - - Updated - - -

Not that any one will listen and I am probably repeating what has already been said here but I'll say my piece anyways. Yesterday was a nightmare. The first half was embarrassing, especially for Pirlo. I have never seen that man so off of his game. He couldn't make a good pass if his life depended on it. Harsh? Maybe, but you all know he was absolutely dreadful. Second Half things picked up and I think Chieso added a lot to that. I thought he played well for us in the 40 or so minutes he played. Besides the backline, which was still extremely shaky was terrible. Carlos, though tried his best, was invisible. Asa was non-existent. For as black as he is, he has never looked so close to looking like Casper the ghost. Morata shined in the second half for me. He was extremely unlucky but I think he showed us what he is capable of. I hope he can show us soon what he can do for us up front. Besides that, our team couldn't connect a pass and everything was falling apart.

My solution and this is extreme, but we need to change our team owners...Call me a sellout, but I think we need to be scooped up by some extremely rich investor where we can get a large cash influx each year to enable our team to get the players we need. Juve is too good for Serie A but not good enough for the CL. It just shows how far behind the Serie A is now compared to today's football. Its quite sad to be honest, as 10 years ago, the Serie A was at or near the top. Our owners have history with the club, I get that, but they can't do anything for us anymore. We cannot rely on finding bargains and gambling, while we have found some gems, yes, and hoping that our team will produce results. We should've won yesterday. The old Juve would have, but the present Juve cannot. We are playing in our former self's shadow and it is giving us an ego that we don't quite deserve yet. I hate to say it, but time will not solve our problem but money will.

Our team could be so much better. Just think about it, which I know you obviously already are, but still, we could dominate teams. Our defense is set. Our midfield is set. We just need some WORLD CLASS wingers and another striker and some Adderall to keep our attention focused on winning because the teams mind is somewhere is on holiday. All the articles that came out yesterday said that Juve are missing something. Yes, money, attention, WC players. Things to solve this problem? New owners, Adderall!!!!!!, Money for WC players.

I miss the 2003-04 Juve. I know all of you do too. We shouldn't be playing like this. I know I am writing this as if we are out of the competition, which we aren't but still. It feels like it and for the past 3 years we have produced the same, uninspired football. I love Juventus but sometimes its hard to watch the team play like my high school footy team (we were bad).

Anyways, rant over. Agree or disagree, things need to obviously change and they must be big changes at that.
We finished 3rd in 2003/4 and got knocked out by Deportivo.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Does anyone notice how Tevez disappears when Llorente isnt playing?

Not that I want to start this again but Tevez disappears with or without Llorente in big CL games

He's been probably our best player this season but it doesn't change the fact he's not a World Class game changer in the CL.

Llorente has offered us nothing this season and if we start blaming the lack of a useless, immobile forward upfront for our losses then we're in trouble.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Obviously you need just more than playmakers and good wingers but every single successful European team has one of those sorted out. Having good wing play or a player who can unlock defences is not optional. You either have it, or you need to rely heavily on the opposition being shit to advance.

Citys problem is for all the money they spend they're narrow minded idiots who would rather buy a luxury 4th choice striker than address their needs.
You can go far with less and the right mentality, unfortunately we don't have enough quality to make up for the lack of ours. Game changing players are important, but also goals change games, and we don't even take our chances or prevent conceding them. If our players do their job properly there is no issue here.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The problem is our mentality is shit but people seem to think we're some 'top 4 team' that's being hindered by mental issues

When in fact we're a 'decent' side with a bad mentality and we have so many obvious flaws in the way we play. So much so, that opposition coaches practically tell the World they've figured us out before playing us.

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
Our line up and style does not fit football in 2014. Seriously this dinosaur football needs to go. Need wingers or a trequista (433 or 4312) - and sell a centerback.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Technically piss wing backs, sweepers and a 36 year old Regista. Yeah we need to change the way we look at football ASAP, hell there's no point investing heavily in the squad if you are going after players to fit an obsolete system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)