[CL] Olympiacos 1-0 JUVENTUS (October 22nd 2014) (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
All too familiar. Again we wait an hour to show up and by then it's too late. It's hard to say whether it's a mentality or tactical problem, considering we did begin to dominate with our 3-5-2 eventually. The biggest problem was how easily Asamoah and Lichtsteiner were held. We can't rely on a CM and a RB to break through defenses and put in the right ball all game.

Pirlo played terribly but again is that his fault or is it these tactics? When he gave the ball away on the goal Vidal should never have passed to him in that position. Often the midfield looks too crowded no one can really find space.

The bright spark is Morata. He had an excellent game. He seems like a really well rounded striker. Great positioning, good in the air, good technique, quick. He should be our first choice from hereon in.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Conte fucked this team over good, his continual ''we can't compete, the gap is too big blah blah blah'' has seriously destroyed any confidence in this side when it comes to European matches.

The league we play in is also a huge problem, 18 out of the 20 teams in the league lie down for us. Teams don't do that in the CL, and our players don't know how to react to it.

I've said this a million times and I'll say it again, the 3-5-2 is useless with Lict and Asamoah, they are good Serie A players, but they won't make a difference at the highest level. Everything is forced centrally which is easy to defend against.

Also how is it that a team like Olympiakos, which half of our budget, can play sharp, quick, fluid football. Yet we lumber around like a team full of 45 year olds?

Typical Juve European performance.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
All too familiar. Again we wait an hour to show up and by then it's too late. It's hard to say whether it's a mentality or tactical problem, considering we did begin to dominate with our 3-5-2 eventually. The biggest problem was how easily Asamoah and Lichtsteiner were held. We can't rely on a CM and a RB to break through defenses and put in the right ball all game.

Pirlo played terribly but again is that his fault or is it these tactics? When he gave the ball away on the goal Vidal should never have passed to him in that position. Often the midfield looks too crowded no one can really find space.

The bright spark is Morata. He had an excellent game. He seems like a really well rounded striker. Great positioning, good in the air, good technique, quick. He should be our first choice from hereon in.
Allegri doesn't agree with you. He knows that Asamoah and Licht are very well suited for attacking wingers, and also, that Pirlo had a good game after all with his movement off the ball. For assists and goals from him we'll have to wait just a few months. :sergio:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Well, to me, what matters is to get out of the group. It's obvious we will get raped by the bigger clubs in Europe if we progress. I'm pragmatic about the CL this year. I just want the money that getting out of the group will give us. After that, we'll get demolished, of course (either in the round of the last 16 or in the quarters).
This. Hear hear!

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Imo playing MArchisio and Pereyra instead of Pirlo and Vidal would really change this game. This was probably the worst perfomance from Andrea I've seen in 3 years and Vidal is just out of form.

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
Ok. I got confused last night as I read the forums, everybody was talking for the last three games ,bla bla. We're playing Olympiacos at home, Malmo away then Atletico at home, not the other way around.Just to be clear.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
I can't believe we lost to such a Weak team! They would not finish top 10 in serie A! Disgrace..

- our approach sucks in chl! You can se it right from the start of the game. We Play defensive and first when we are behind we start to attack.. As everybody pointen pointed out Pirlo was shit.. He cant play in chl matches.. we Play with 10 men, when we do not have the Ball!

- Tevez??? Why is he so much shit in chl!

- 433 now!!!!!!!!

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
we'll win the next 3 in a row and go through.
this

and also look at the positive: in the last 20 minutes with the 433 (4312) we played really well and could have scored a lot more.
One journo was pointing out that in the 433 spell we created 8 goal scoring opportunites.
The season is still long and I remain faithfull. Hopefully starting from sunday, as I will be travelling to the JS ...

Oct 23, 2014
Hi guys i am new to the forum, been a juve fan since 95 ( good old days) and i just wana say that last night was the most shocking display i have seen from our team and what was shocking is that i am not suprised at all its like we going to the cinema to watch the same film all over again. Juventus need a foreign manager tbh (Koeman,Klopp,Bielsa) heck even Roberto Martinez will do better than this guy at least he knows how to utilize the wing backs. We will beat the greeks at home but we will draw in sweden and at home to atletico unless we go to a 433 and play with tempo with:
Buffon,
Licth,Bonnuci,Chielini,Evra
Pogba,Vidal,Asamoah
Tevez,Morata,Giovinco

Asamoah was outstanding against malmo making runs from midfield plus him and Vidal can protect Pogba allowing him to make runs in the box, Gio and Tevez both have free roles in which they can roam everywhere, i bet my monthly wage if we play this team we will win all our games and top the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)