[CL] Olympiacos 1-0 JUVENTUS (October 22nd 2014) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
3-5-2 is shit but the issue is we lack the players we're missing, the players a 3-5-2 doesn't have

I.E actual wingers, and a link between MF and attack

Until we

Short term) integrate Perayra and Coman into the team

Long term) Take our hands out of our asses and buy some fucking WINGERS

we're stuck in a loop of pointing out the same thing time and time again.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Has the shit storm cleared yet or is everyone at each other's throats still for having a different opinion?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
3-5-2 is shit but the issue is we lack the players we're missing, the players a 3-5-2 doesn't have

Until we

Long term) Take our hands out of our asses and buy some fucking WINGERS

though that is a need if we want to competitive for the cup, we have enough quality and had more than enough opportunities to beat olympiakos today, i think we got us above all a mental block in europe and these results only make it worse

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
though that is a need if we want to competitive for the cup, we have enough quality and had more than enough opportunities to beat olympiakos today, i think we got us above all a mental block in europe and these results only make it worse
It is a mental block, but I don't understand how players, coaches, whole management staff come and go, yet the complex is still there.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah the mental block is a major issue, however it doesn't help when even without a mental block we're still essentially using defenders in attacking roles, and central midfielders in even more advanced roles to compensate for what we do not have.

Our lack of pace, creativity etc etc (we've all heard it 1000x) is compounded by our inability to do even the simplest of tasks when we're under real pressure.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The way to get out of a mental block is to change the team around and try something new. First and foremost, we can change the formation or change around the personnel. Doing the same thing over and over again only compounds the block, even if the tactical approach isn't the reason behind the failures (although I think they are). Hell, remove the armband from Buffon for all I care, some times the more change to inspire a team is the only way that wakes them up.

So either way, change the fuucking formation.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Mental block in terms of seeing a teammate 6 feet away and wildly missing him with a pass, or trying to switch the play only to balloon it 20 feet over the wide mans head.

- - - Updated - - -

The way to get out of a mental block is to change the team around and try something new. First and foremost, we can change the formation or change around the personnel. Doing the same thing over and over again only compounds the block, even if the tactical approach isn't the reason behind the failures (although I think they are). Hell, remove the armband from Buffon for all I care, some times the more change to inspire a team is the only way that wakes them up.

Don't use scary words like 'change' and 'new' when Italian football is concerned, you'll give the experienced old boys a heart attack with your wild, evil ideas.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
3-5-2 is $#@! but the issue is we lack the players we're missing, the players a 3-5-2 doesn't have

Until we

Long term) Take our hands out of our asses and buy some $#@!ing WINGERS

Sad but true.

The only way we could do something a little different would be;

Back 4

Pogba - marchisio/Vidal later

Pereyra - tevez - giovinco

Morata

Hate to say it but we could do with pepe as at least he gives us something different. It's also times like this that giaccherini would have been useful

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It is a mental block, but I don't understand how players, coaches, whole management staff come and go, yet the complex is still there.

i think it starts with our traditional prioritizing of the league first, secondly most of our players didnt play in europe till their mid 20s so they are not used to it, notice how morata was one of the players who played the most comfortable tonight

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Shocking looking at our team sheet, only to see the only player who didn't look fazed in his general play was an inexperienced kid we got off of Madrid. Obviously he should've scored but he was one who wasn't making a complete mockery of the sport by failing to do shit that fucking P.E teachers in primary schools would expect students to do.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

i think thats what conte was intending on doing, but that needs a sizable budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)