[CL] Olympiacos 1-0 JUVENTUS (October 22nd 2014) (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Asamoah must start. I don't care if it's instead of Evra, Pirlo or Vidal. He simply must.

And we must simply win. Fuck the Sassuolo's of Serie A. This is simply where it's at. As Max said, this month is crucial for our CL hopes.

@Hustini, fuck your just.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Afellay :scared:

But seriously, just win. I don't care about the dropped points against Sassuolo, our main priority in the coming weeks should be the CL. We can deal with the peasants in Serie A later.

Mus™

Mar 16, 2009
I think we will learn whether Allegri has the pair of balls Conte didn't in making the tough decision with his team selection. Have a bad feeling he doesn't and Llorente & Pirlo will both start

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Mus™;4718401 said:
I think we will learn whether Allegri has the pair of balls Conte didn't in making the tough decision with his team selection. Have a bad feeling he doesn't and Llorente & Pirlo will both start
I think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Its time to pick another team cause well drop out of europe and relegate in italy.

Meanwhile, we need asamoah and marchisio on the pitch and evra and pirlo on the bench next to giovinco
Funny and accurate as always.....

Jul 20, 2012
So it looks like Allegri is looking towards a formation change but I highly doubt it.

So far the possible line up looks like

----------Buffon
ogbonna-bonucci-chiellini
licht--vidal--marchisio--pogba--asa
--------tevez--morata

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
So it looks like Allegri is looking towards a formation change but I highly doubt it.

So far the possible line up looks like

----------Buffon
ogbonna-bonucci-chiellini
licht--vidal--marchisio--pogba--asa
--------tevez--morata
That should do it. A nasty 0-1 with an own goal would be enough for me.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't follow them, like most of you, but seeing where do they come from and knowing the mentality down there, Olympiacos is your typical rich Balkan team (well, "rich" in Balkan terms) that plays 100 times better in front of the terrifying home crowd, compared to their away matches. Something seem so many times in the past with the ex-Yu clubs, and more recently with the Turkish and Greek clubs.

Their home record in the CL speaks for itself - 8 wins in the last 10 matches, and some of the wins are really impressive (3:2 Atletico in 2014; 2:0 Manchester United in 2014; 1:0 Benfica in 2013; 3:1 Anderlecht in 2013; 2:1 Arsenal in 2012; 3:1 Montpellier in 2012; 3:1 Arsenal in 2011; 3:1 Dortmund in 2011). Only 2 defeats to PSG and Schalke.
On the other side, a pretty poor 2-1-7 record away from home, including that defeat to Malmo some weeks ago.

In a country with lots of internal problems, football is a nice way to take the attention away from the more important issues. The players and the nation will be pumped up ahead of a CL match, especially when a big club comes to town. It gives the players energy and wings.
We know this far too well, and being an Italian team, expect a very tactical and cautious approach, where keeping a clean sheet will be considered far more important than scoring. I don't like it, you don't like it, but that's what's going to happen. Alas, perhaps this time it will work.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It was working perfectly last time untill licht and evra switched off

Cant allow that to happen again
Atletico is a team on a different level than Olympiacos, but I guess you can make the parallels. In any case, +5400 seconds is a lot of time when all it takes for a capable team to punish us is 1 second of our defenders losing concentration. The super cautious approaches brought us very little so far. The draw will be seen as a nice result ahead of the return match in Turin, and that's what scares me. One late goal from them and the door to EL will be wide open. We are the better team and we stand more chances than they do in an open match (it wasn't the case in Madrid vs Atletico). In a tactical match with few chances, one mistake decides the winner, and it won't be the first time if we make that mistake.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Atletico is a team on a different level than Olympiacos, but I guess you can make the parallels. In any case, +5400 seconds is a lot of time when all it takes for a capable team to punish us is 1 second of our defenders losing concentration. The super cautious approaches brought us very little so far. The draw will be seen as a nice result ahead of the return match in Turin, and that's what scares me. One late goal from them and the door to EL will be wide open. We are the better team and we stand more chances than they do in an open match (it wasn't the case in Madrid vs Atletico). In a tactical match with few chances, one mistake decides the winner, and it won't be the first time if we make that mistake.
True, but against athletico, it was the right strategy. we should approach olympiacos with a domminating display, while not risking to much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)