[CL] Manchester City - Juventus (September 15, 2015) (67 Viewers)

Manchester City 1-2 Juventus Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Lichtsteiner

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Evra

• Sturaro

• Hernanes

• Pogba

• Cuadrado

• Morata

• Mandžukić

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If the line up is true Max basically wants to grind out a result. Aint going to be pretty.
I guess if there is one match to do that, this would be it. We're not playing well, Man City is seemingly in top form, and it's our first match of the group... albeit away. This is one of the only instances I would agree with this approach in hopes of a draw. Hell, the only instance.

Mar 30, 2006
If that is the formation Allegri has lost the plot.

3-5-2, no Dybala, no Cuadrado, no Alex Sandro.

$#@!ing great.
I dont know how after watching us play anyone could leave out those players. Aside from those 3 guys our whole team is playing horrible. They are the only guys who dont deserve to be benched.

Dybala is pretty much the only guy who can score so how on earth could anyone leave him out and Cuadrado is the only attacker who can take someone on one on one.

My team would be:

Dybala---Morata---Cuadrado

Pogba---Hernanes---Pereyra

Sandro--Chiellini----Bonucci--Licht

----------------Buffon--------------

That team would cause problems for City, especially Cuadrados pace against Kolarov who is very slow. Also I would feel more comfortable with Sandro in the team defending Citys wingers who have speed.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
3-5-2 or not, this is a completely new squad, and these players haven't had enough time together. i'm not expecting any spectacular change for a couple of weeks. we are practically in the middle of pre-season now.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011

This shit can't be real :facepalm2::sergio:
Imho it looks like we will play just not to lose . Parking the bus is fine by me , but parking the bus doesn't mean to only stay back and suffer for 90 minutes ffs . We need to defend and hit them hard on the counter , for such a purpose having sandro on the field is crucial imho , I would personally put morata and dybala in attack who can give much more help in counter attacks , both can help much more than zukic .

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It's seriously weird, every rational fibre in my body knows that this spells disaster and we're likely to lose by a 2-3 goal margin, but for some reason I'm so calm and optimistic :D

Usually I crap my pants before any CL game against strong opposition.

mo2119

Aug 6, 2014
I think we're gonna play 4-3-1-2 like last year. Stay solid defensively and counter when we win the ball. Man City will play 4-2-3-1.

Keys to the game:
1. It is of the utmost importance that we outnumber Man City in the midfield because Sterling cuts into the middle, Toure likes to make late runs into the box from the middle, and Silva is constantly dropping into pockets of space in the middle.

2. Our CDM. Marchisio is a huge loss. Ideally we would want Marchisio to mark Silva and be that pillar of consistency and composure he is when we have the ball. Either Sturaro, Pogba, or Lemina as CDM. My preference is Sturaro because unlike Pogba and Lemina, Sturaro does not make forward runs and is far less likely to be caught out of position (because he always stays back).

3. If Allegri plays Sandro, Juve need to target the left wing on the counter. Defensively, City have a very good opposite side (Fernando/Fernandinho is always stays back, Kolarov is a very very good defender). Left wing should be easier to exploit because Sagna isn't the paciest and Toure's roaming role means that there will be times when the left-side of their midfield is empty. If Allegri wants to minimize the effectiveness of De Bruyne and Toure's runs he should play Evra instead. Evra is far less likely to be caught up the pitch than Sandro.

Juve
Mandzukic Dybala​
Pereyra​
Pogba Hernanes​
Sturaro​
Sandro Chiellini Bonucci Litch​
Buffon​

Man City
Bony​
Sterling Silva De Bruyne​
Fernandinho Toure​
Kolarov Mangala Kompany Sagna​
Hart​

- - - Updated - - -

If 3-5-2, Hernanes cannot play CDM. Also if we do play 4-3-3, we will play Cuadrado at RW and Mandzukic as CF (got a feeling Cuadrado's ability to get down the wing and Mandzukic's heading ability is a great combo) and Morata as lw (most of you probably disagree with me but Morata has good speed and has shown the ability to cut in onto his right foot or beat his man with speed)

Jan 5, 2011
It feels so good not seeing Him in the video. His weak mentality will only get us destroyed.

This $#@! can't be real :facepalm2::sergio:
I don't know what idiot working at skySPORT 24 invent this formation. Pereyra should play instead of Lemina, he is one of our best attackers recently, and Morata should be replaced by Dybala too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)