[CL] Manchester City - Juventus (September 15, 2015) (30 Viewers)

Manchester City 1-2 Juventus Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Lichtsteiner

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Evra

• Sturaro

• Hernanes

• Pogba

• Cuadrado

• Morata

• Mandžukić

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I think it's between Lemina and Padoin, we don't have other options !

Edit : Totally forgot about Hernanes !
Although i would prefer to see that with hernanes i think we could be very vunerable in defense with Hernanes playing deep i think Allegri would try and be safe and play Padoin there instead which makes sense as we are away to a strong team.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Don't.

Do what I do. Everytime I miss a match due to work I ask a friend to tell me afterwards if we lost, but just that, not the score or anything.

If we didn't lose he says nothing. Although I'll know that we either won and drew, at least I won't waste 2 hours of my life seeing us getting beat like an old dog.
I'll be using Fotmob.

Bad stream and slow internet connection?
Even worse. I have to be a productive citizen and go to work.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I think it's between Lemina and Padoin, we don't have other options !

Edit : Totally forgot about Hernanes !
Padoin is not even an option as he is not on the champions league roster. No way I see Allegri playing Lemina on his debut in the champions league.

Most likely is Pereyra, Sturaro and Pogba behind Hernanes supporting Dybala and Morata.

Also would not be surprised to see Evra start ahead of Sandro

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Padoin is not even an option as he is not on the champions league roster. No way I see Allegri playing Lemina on his debut in the champions league.

Most likely is Pereyra, Sturaro and Pogba behind Hernanes supporting Dybala and Morata.

Also would not be surprised to see Evra start ahead of Sandro
Yep right , I forgot Padoin isn't in CL squad .

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We've been creating chances?! :howler: :shocked: I must have been watching a different team then :shifty:

On the bright side, I expect City to attack us, hopefully leaving spaces for us to exploit. Whether we actually exploit anything is a different matter entirely.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
We've been creating chances?! :howler: :shocked: I must have been watching a different team then :shifty:

On the bright side, I expect City to attack us, hopefully leaving spaces for us to exploit. Whether we actually exploit anything is a different matter entirely.
Were you? We had a lot of half chances against Chievo and a few clear cut ones we definitely should have finished better.

My pick for this game is a false 4-3-3 with Dybala not playing too wide, leaving space of Alex Sandro to attack into who had a really positive first game.

Dybala - Morata - Cuadrado
Pogba - Hernanes - Pereyra/Lemina
Alex Sandro - Chiellini - Bonucci - Lichtsteiner

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Were you? We had a lot of half chances against Chievo and a few clear cut ones we definitely should have finished better.

My pick for this game is a false 4-3-3 with Dybala not playing too wide, leaving space of Alex Sandro to attack into who had a really positive first game.

Dybala - Morata - Cuadrado
Pogba - Hernanes - Pereyra/Lemina
Alex Sandro - Chiellini - Bonucci - Lichtsteiner
Against Udinese, we had a couple of decent opportunities, but I felt we rarely truly threatened them. Against Roma, we only woke up after we had conceded the 2nd goal; too little too late. Against Chievo, we were abysmal for about 65-70 minutes. Hernanes had a couple of decent attempts and a free kick, but I only recall the one clear cut opportunity, and that was deep in the 2nd half. We have been slow, lethargic, and very predictable in our play. It seems we lack both energy and a sense of urgency. I believe that someone like that drunk on one good knee who used to play for us would have rectified that problem.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Pogba is a great player but he is not a leader - at least not yet. I also think Sturaro is not really ready to play for Juventus but he is a starter now. Let's not even talk about Lemina - I don't know much about him but he looks raw (based on the videos I have seen) - it would be great to phase him in if our midfield was already settled and injury free.

My only hope for a result in this game (if we earn a draw I would be doing hand stands) is that Aguero and Silva miss the game through injury and we get a sucker punch goal on the break. Man City have had a phenomenal start to their domestic season and will be hungry as hell to do better in the champions league - I have that feeling that this year could be the year they really make a big step up in Europe - at our expense.

pablo87

Dec 21, 2014
I hope this game to be our changer. The games we played reminds me post calciopoli era ( ranieri, ferrara, zach... ). It just cant be like that anymore :( :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)