[CL] Lyon 1-0 JUVENTUS [February 26th, 2020] (14 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Cant believe we are are risking elimination against arguable the worst side in the competition. This season will be a downward spiral if we get eliminated here, which is very realistic, especially if we have to play behind closed doors in the return.
Prepare to go in quarantine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Apr 29, 2006
We bought Ronaldo and stuck him out on the left wing to put in crosses for Dybala and Cuadrado. I’m 100% sure we could ruin De Bruyne or any other professional player in existence.

We’ve kept 1 clean sheet in 11 against poor quality teams. I don’t see us not conceding in the second leg.
Its not that, its more our recruitment policy. We are just collecting players trying to hit that value-per-dollar stats. We are doing that without a specific coach in mind or underlying tactical structure. This leads to Sarri playing 4312 with CR7 and an obscene amount of average or injured wide players. Then DC is back, we revert to 433, shuffle our midfield and hope the magic works. IMHO it doesn't work that way.

Conte brings too much automation in his team, but at the very least for a simpleton like me, one can see if the player or the gameplan lacks. With Sarri most of the time I am trying to figure out which player is this and why is he in this part of the pitch doing what? The only automated transition is wingbacks hitting hopeless crosses like the british teams from the 90s, but we have one Ronaldo versus 3 CBs helped by a 5ft Dybala and a midfielder with an average of 5 goals or less per season.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Seeing all this talk of tactics, and players that don't suit us etc. but from what I saw today:
1) We were always second to any ball
2) We were too casual on the ball, especially Pjanic (this has become a common problem for him)
3) We did not commit enough players to the attack.
With the above three things, I don't care if you have prime BBC in defense, Buffon in goal and Pirlo and Vidal in midfield- if you perform like this you will lose, and deservedly so.
Fortune favors the brave maybe a cliche, but it is true in football more often than not.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
With this Sarri idiot ,we won't even win scudetto!Mark my words.Worst coach possible for us.CL is a science fiction.Scudetto and Coppa are very,very in doubt.I am so dissapointed.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #311
    Where have you been @Hustini?

Gotta admit, when you said you were working on a virus to target Iranian infrastructure, i was thinking of something completely different.
    I've been here I think, haven't I? Maybe not every day but I've been here...

- - - Updated - - -

Should I leave?

- - - Updated - - -

It's the forum rule.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
    Sarri might be a limited coach but by God some of our team are letting us down with consistently shit performances. Matuidi and Khedira are much more reliable then part time players like Pjanic. Go back to 4-3-1-2 and relegate the slackers immediately.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
    Apr 7, 2018
    Zero shots on goal against the worst team left in the CL

:lol:

A new low for this club under this disgrace of a coach and management.

It could have been 3-0 at the end of the first half too lol. Just disgraceful.

If Sarri still has a job at the end of this season, this club is an even bigger joke than I think it is.
    It’s insane how every team we face are the ones that play the “Sarriball” and not us. We are outplayed by everyone, week in week out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Pundits continue to claim we have such a great squad and we have so many options, but I'm just not seeing it. From a player perspective, this squad is stale and mediocre. It's nowhere near the midfield we had in previous years, and unless Bentancur can become world class, it's weak. We are lacking both drive and creativity in midfield, and even Ramsey doesn't add much whatsoever. Defensively, a player like Alex Sandro used to be capable, but he's another stale player like Pjanic who maybe just need to go somewhere else now. Bernardski isn't an option whatsoever as he's terrible, DC is always injured, and Higuain looks past it as well. So where are all of these fucking options these stupid British commentators keep talking about? They really are clueless.

As for the coaching, it looks nonexistent, really. Anybody here could have told the side at halftime, "hey guys, we're a goal down and aren't moving well with the ball. You need to be quicker moving the ball and create more chances." We sort of moved the ball quicker after the break, but didn't really create anything until it was too late. The ridiculous urgency at the 88th minute, which we have seen before in previous years when we can't create anything, is just truly pathetic in the Champions League.

Perhaps it's good we didn't draw level because the loss was deserved. Now we have to actually play to win in the return leg, so Sarri has one last chance for his Sarriballs to drop.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    Pundits continue to claim we have such a great squad and we have so many options, but I'm just not seeing it. From a player perspective, this squad is stale and mediocre. It's nowhere near the midfield we had in previous years, and unless Bentancur can become world class, it's weak. We are lacking both drive and creativity in midfield, and even Ramsey doesn't add much whatsoever. Defensively, a player like Alex Sandro used to be capable, but he's another stale player like Pjanic who maybe just need to go somewhere else now. Bernardski isn't an option whatsoever as he's terrible, DC is always injured, and Higuain looks past it as well. So where are all of these fucking options these stupid British commentators keep talking about? They really are clueless.

As for the coaching, it looks nonexistent, really. Anybody here could have told the side at halftime, "hey guys, we're a goal down and aren't moving well with the ball. You need to be quicker moving the ball and create more chances." We sort of moved the ball quicker after the break, but didn't really create anything until it was too late. The ridiculous urgency at the 88th minute, which we have seen before in previous years when we can't create anything, is just truly pathetic in the Champions League.

Perhaps it's good we didn't draw level because the loss was deserved. Now we have to actually play to win in the return leg, so Sarri has one last chance for his Sarriballs to drop.
    It's all up to coaching.The guy is a truly idiot.Far,very far from being a Juve material.He acts like a clerk in a office.He is just explaining the things (often wrongly) not what HE does to this team in term to coaching.Incapable of doing anything to this team.I am really,really worried about the scudetto,not the CLI just can't not understand why the board chooses him?Very,very big question for me.Bologna,Sampdoria ,Udinese level coach who have a luck to coach big teams.Idiot!Can't wait the day of his firing.Hope with lesser damage for us as possible.

Last edited:

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    It’s insane how every team we face are the ones that play the “Sarriball” and not us. We are outplayed by everyone, week in week out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And at the begging they were afraid of us,then smell the blood and started to attack.Awful.

- - - Updated - - -

We have to be prepared that this is a wasted season.That's it .This idiot can't do anything.Just will humiliate us.Scudetto and Coppa included.

- - - Updated - - -

If we played any other team in this round we will concede 3 at least.4 lost's; in 6 games.Bravo Sarri!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)