[CL] Lyon 1-0 JUVENTUS [February 26th, 2020] (6 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Yeah, but no amount of coaching is going to help Bernadeski, DC's injuries, and some of the other problems I listed in my other post. We just need to be honest with ourselves that while we certainly don't have a great manager, we don't have a great squad either. Surely it's capable of more than what we saw today and against Hellas.

The future does not look bright with this club at the moment with all these older and stagnant players.
We have worse squad last year and were 10 points ahead in the first place.So it's only to Sarri and his way of "coaching".At least for Serie A.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see that the week the news breaks that finally Sarri has figured out the Sarissimo formula for Juve, we don't register a single shot on goal against a mid table french team with a meme coach
But,but he is expecting 3 years to implement his ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I think this is the least dynamic midfield we have had since Conte was in charge. Players are also older now too -- Bonucci, Matuidi, Khedira, Chiellini - et cetera. The vast majority of these players have hit their peak and are trending down in their careers. The only players I see with any upside potential are Bentancur, De Ligt, Demiral, Dybala, and Rabiot. This squad is maxed out and a lot of changes now need to be made, especially in midfield. I wouldn't have hired Sarri, but I wouldn't want Allegri around forever either.
Rabiot will never be a proper Juve material.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
This summer we'll need to reorganize.

Sarri has to go. Can't believe we're worse now after 6months with him than when we started.
It's absurd not being able to make shots to the net and it's not only against OL. Specially more when he came with the idea of implementing a more offensive oriented game play.
Well it's actually worse than Allegri and by a big lot.
The only thing that improved is the useless tiki taka between defence and midfield.

Patethic is us continiously making crosses when we don't have a single striker good at battling with defenders in area or with headers.
I mean Ronaldo's good obviously but he doesn't stay in penalty area a lot.

So those crosses are?? Dybala? Higuain? who??
Also we had something to rely on. Defence we fucked it up over for zone-area whatever is called style.
I've watched the game and literally not a single hope till what? 81'?? and luckly Lione decided to defend the 1-0 because if they kept attacking like they did in the first half our loss would've been bigger.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Bonucci said we saw the real Juventus in the second half
But whyy though, why do we have to wait for us to concede a goal and loose in the final 10 minutes of the game, before we start and play with some grinta and intensity? Why? Who is responsible for this? Is it Sarri? Is it our players because they are old and cant play with intensity for more that 10-15 minutes? What is the deal? Seriously, our approach to every single game is lethargic, slow, its like the players only came to play the 90 minutes, earn their salary without any regard whether we will win or loose.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
But whyy though, why do we have to wait for us to concede a goal and loose in the final 10 minutes of the game, before we start and play with some grinta and intensity? Why? Who is responsible for this? Is it Sarri? Is it our players because they are old and cant play with intensity for more that 10-15 minutes? What is the deal? Seriously, our approach to every single game is lethargic, slow, its like the players only came to play the 90 minutes, earn their salary without any regard whether we will win or loose.
They've bought into their own hype and think they're Galacticos or smth, who can just cruise to victory.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
After this 1-0 I'll be panicking at 0-0 if Lyon get a corner or free-kick in a wide area, as should everyone else.

I saw nothing special from Lyon tonight, they're clearly a very average side for CL level, which is what the general consensus was before the game as well, but it makes tonight even more annoying seeing this. We could very well steamroll them in the second leg, but I've seen nothing recently to suggest that. Hopefully they'll be overwhelmed and we go a goal or two up early on, maybe Douglas Costa will be fit for his 1 in 5 game and destroy them, maybe pigs will fly.

But we do this every time we are expected to win, our attitude is shite and we have these same conversations post-game. It's a curse of a continually winning team.
That curse will soon be broken! :sad:

What’s the most common score in a Juventus game this season?

2-1

The exact score that would knock us out of the CL lmao. And I absolutely expect this to happen too.
Was thinking this myself as well. We'll probably win the return leg, but chances of us not conceding are slim. And since we don't score a lot of goals ourselves...

As for last night: Lyon were average in the first half, bad in the second. And yet they still deserved to win this. Go figure.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
After this 1-0 I'll be panicking at 0-0 if Lyon get a corner or free-kick in a wide area, as should everyone else.

I saw nothing special from Lyon tonight, they're clearly a very average side for CL level, which is what the general consensus was before the game as well, but it makes tonight even more annoying seeing this. We could very well steamroll them in the second leg, but I've seen nothing recently to suggest that. Hopefully they'll be overwhelmed and we go a goal or two up early on, maybe Douglas Costa will be fit for his 1 in 5 game and destroy them, maybe pigs will fly.

But we do this every time we are expected to win, our attitude is shite and we have these same conversations post-game. It's a curse of a continually winning team.
We've never been this fragile down back though, hopefully chiellini is fit and firing

This one has me a bit worried but you're right it's rinse and repeat every year, can't we just be convincing in these damn games for once?

Fuck Bonucci off, he just chats way too much shit and is the worst captain we've had in a long time

Jan 22, 2016
Just awful.
He is not making things easy for himself by playing 2 past it players like Pjanic and Bonucci.

You could see from thousands miles away these 2 are finished and shouldn't be anywhere near starting line up but he still plays them.

Inter game should be his last chance. If he don't beat them at home he should be gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Just awful.
He is not making things easy for himself by playing 2 past it players like Pjanic and Bonucci.

You could see from thousands miles away these 2 are finished and shouldn't be anywhere near starting line up but he still plays them.

Inter game should be his last chance. If he don't beat them at home he should be gone.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Just awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Just awful.

Let's talk now about how he improved every aspect of our game. Amazing, right?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Lol @ Danilo getting a 6, and Sarri a 5. They should both be 4.5s and Bentancur should have a slightly better score. He was nowhere near as bad as the Bosnian Bane.

Juve can't be complacent in Lyon
Juventus travel to Lyon for the first leg of their Champions League clash on Wednesday and Vilizar Yakimov warns that the Bianconeri can’t afford to underestimate the French side.

It’s very rare to see a domestic league game getting more attention than a Champions League knockout stage one. Yet, that’s exactly what happened to Olympique Lyonnais and Juventus, as the upcoming Derby d’Italia and the Coronavirus situation in Italy have somewhat overshadowed the game on Wednesday.
While Maurizio Sarri’s men can consider themselves rather fortunate to draw Lyon in the Round of 16, they should be extremely careful with their approach for the first leg in France.
The tight Scudetto race, the fact that arguably the most anticipated game of the Serie A calendar will be played behind closed doors as well as the health emergency in Italy mean there are plenty of distractions for Juventus, who would be dead wrong to underestimate Lyon.
Despite their shaky start of the season, the French side have improved gradually throughout the campaign and now enter the decisive months in a much better position than they were initially.
At one point in October, Lyon had just one victory in 11 games and were wandering in the bottom half of the League 1 table. However, those struggles seem to be long gone now, as Rudi Garcia’s men have now lost only two of their last 15 games and have climbed up to 7th place.
Lyon’s recent results show that the ex-Roma tactician has now managed to find some balance after the injuries that key figures like Memphis Depay, Jeff Reine-Adelaide, Youssouf Kone and Leo Dubois suffered in December.
The French side’s home form has been crucial for their positive streak since the start of the year, as the Kids are still undefeated at the Groupama Stadium in 2020 with their last defeat being a 1-0 loss to Rennes on December 15.
If Lyon’s home form isn’t enough of a concern for Juventus, the away performances of the Bianconeri should worry Sarri and co. The Turin Giants have lost two out of their five visits in 2020, with neither of their performances being convincing enough.
Inexplicably the Bianconeri almost always struggle to impose their authority during away games even against inferior opposition and Lyon would hope that would be the case on Wednesday as well.
The home side can count on Rudi Garcia’s Serie A expertise, as well as on Joachim Andersen who has been a key piece at the heart of Lyon’s defence since moving from Sampdoria in the summer.
Lyon’s backline currently looks much better than it did earlier in the season, as they have kept three clean sheets in their last five games. This looks even more impressive, considering that Garcia has been jiggling with his line up and has been switching between a three and a four men defence occasionally. That being said, each of those clean sheets came when Lyon played four at the back, so the ex-Roma tactician would probably use the same approach against Juventus.
Depay’s injury has been a huge blow in attack, but fine domestic form of Moussa Dembele, who has netted 14 league goals, as well as the emergence of Houssem Aouar have done the job domestically so far.
However, Dembele is yet to score a goal in the Champions League this term, while Aouar has netted only once in the competition, so one of Lyon’s biggest weaknesses against Juventus is undoubtedly their attack.
The French side had a fine record of nine goals in six games in the Group stage, but with Depay scoring five of those, the home team would be desperate for Dembele to find his scoring touch against Juventus.
Lyon are the clear underdogs against Juventus, as the absence of Depay and other key players strip them off from their attacking potency. On the other hand, the form of Cristiano Ronaldo, as well as the inconsistency of the hosts’ defence, makes it really hard to imagine the Bianconeri not scoring at least once on Wednesday.
However, Sarri has already admitted several times throughout the campaign that his players didn’t have the right approach for certain games. The Scudetto clash with Inter is just around the corner, so even more than the shaky away performance and the quality of the opposition, potential lack of concentration and complacency will pose the biggest danger for Juventus against Lyon on Wednesday.

:rofl: :howler: This was obviously written before our encounter, and what did we end up doing? Exactly the opposite of what we had to do. Timid, Uninspired and Lethargic.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.football-italia.net/150533/juve-rule-across-alps

Then, we lost in France :touched: :heart:

There's always a first time for everything. Chain Smoking Cancer aka Sarri the Pioneer setting a first. What a legend, a true coaching icon :baus:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)