[CL] Lyon 1-0 JUVENTUS [February 26th, 2020] (6 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Maurizio Sarri on Sky
“It’s difficult to explain why, but our first half moved the ball too slowly, with no movement, so naturally the opposition were going to press, win the ball back and even score.
“We lacked determination and aggression when attacking, and for 15 minutes lacked it defensively too. We were unlucky to concede when De Ligt was off injured.
“The second half was better, but frankly it’s not enough for a Champions League match. I don’t know why, I cannot get the players to understand the importance of moving the ball quickly. This is fundamental, we’ll keep working on it and sooner or later this concept will get into their heads.
“I continued to tell them, and there were many who were doing it, moving the ball too slowly and therefore getting into the wrong positions.”
Fuck this guy. If he can't get the players to follow his instuctions, he should fuck off.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Maurizio Sarri on Sky
“It’s difficult to explain why, but our first half moved the ball too slowly, with no movement, so naturally the opposition were going to press, win the ball back and even score.
“We lacked determination and aggression when attacking, and for 15 minutes lacked it defensively too. We were unlucky to concede when De Ligt was off injured.
“The second half was better, but frankly it’s not enough for a Champions League match. I don’t know why, I cannot get the players to understand the importance of moving the ball quickly. This is fundamental, we’ll keep working on it and sooner or later this concept will get into their heads.
“I continued to tell them, and there were many who were doing it, moving the ball too slowly and therefore getting into the wrong positions.”
:rofl: :howler:

This fucking "coach"

Nov 3, 2019
I don’t know why, I cannot get the players to understand the importance of moving the ball quickly. This is fundamental, we’ll keep working on it and sooner or later this concept will get into their heads.

Im not a Sarri fan but how any coach in the world could play fast with Pjanic, Rabiot, Bernadeschi, Sandro on the pitch ?

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Maurizio Sarri on Sky
He should bench these players who dont follow instructions.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
We can still beat them by two goals at home, but the performance in the first half wasn't acceptable for a club like ours.
If it's Atletico 2019 version 2 that shows up then we'll advance. If it's Verona 2.0 or like against most minnows then it'll be difficult bearing in mind first leg is 1-0 for them. Basically need to lead by 2 goals and we have trouble being incisive

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's not like the second half was great either- we had zero shots on target.
That's because we were shooting off target :D We did have one or two great chances, irrelevant that the shots went wide. Higuain should have scored. Dybala usually gets those shots on target instead of blasting them like that. But all those chances came in the last 10-15 minutes.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not the worst result, 1-0 can be turned around. However it is clear that although as individuals Pjanic rabiot and bentancur are our best mids, playing together doesnt seem to be the best choice.

Anyway...Let's panic if we are 0-0 in the 90t90t-0h min in the return leg.
After this 1-0 I'll be panicking at 0-0 if Lyon get a corner or free-kick in a wide area, as should everyone else.

I saw nothing special from Lyon tonight, they're clearly a very average side for CL level, which is what the general consensus was before the game as well, but it makes tonight even more annoying seeing this. We could very well steamroll them in the second leg, but I've seen nothing recently to suggest that. Hopefully they'll be overwhelmed and we go a goal or two up early on, maybe Douglas Costa will be fit for his 1 in 5 game and destroy them, maybe pigs will fly.

But we do this every time we are expected to win, our attitude is shite and we have these same conversations post-game. It's a curse of a continually winning team.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
That's because we were shooting off target :D We did have one or two great chances, irrelevant that the shots went wide. Higuain should have scored. Dybala usually gets those shots on target instead of blasting them like that. But all those chances came in the last 10-15 minutes.
If we tried this for 90 minutes, we'd probably have scored 3.
But Sarri is a coward, as is most of the team.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
"I don’t know why, I cannot get the players to understand the importance of moving the ball quickly. This is fundamental, we’ll keep working on it and sooner or later this concept will get into their heads.
This is the one thing that continually bemuses me, knowing Sarri's teams. We revert to type of Juve the past 10 years and play this slow-slow-slow tempo because that is what the players know. But 5 or so months in shouldn't he make hard decisions or be able to get his ideas across? This is surely on him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Our players and coach talk a lot before games, a lot of hot air, BS, and utter nonsense.

We need to have the right mentality, the right focus, we'll be up for this CL fixture, we won't underestimate Lyon, we need to do this and that.

Game starts? All talk, no walk. Same shit against Lyon. I've seen this movie before - the story repeats itself. Shut the fuck up, go out there and do your job, instead of :blah: :blah: :blah:

It's like a basketball team consistently talking about playing defense or being locked in, or improving on D. It's your fucking job - you don't need to mention it after every game. Just fucking do it!

Apr 29, 2006
Not sure about it.. We played the final 10 minutes like we should have had the entire game.. We could definitely put 3 goals against them if we play well for 90 minutes.. The question remains can we? Do we want to?
Ramsey is a must starter for me and I`d add Matuidi as well while benching Pjanic who is horrible this season..

There is also the issue of we play too safe around our opponent area and are focusing too much on not losing the ball rather than create something..
We played like this in the last 10 minutes, because Lyon were dead physically and started to jade mentally. Now, by hook-or-crook, they know they can keep us at bay - 0 shots on goal would be 0 goals in Lyon, Turin or Mars. They have believe and we must attack at least for the last 2/3rds of next game unless we have a friendly ref.

It will be a disgusting game and there is a reason why the AM performance last year was an exception. The best way I see us win is nicking one goal by 60th minute and putting tactical doubts in the violin player and his team.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I don’t know why, I cannot get the players to understand the importance of moving the ball quickly. This is fundamental, we’ll keep working on it and sooner or later this concept will get into their heads.

Im not a Sarri fan but how any coach in the world could play fast with Pjanic, Rabiot, Bernadeschi, Sandro on the pitch ?
Stop making excuses. We were shit and Sarri was shit.
We should be blitzing a team like Lyon by 3 goals every time if we try.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
De Bruyne is going to Barcelona or Madrid most likely. If City win the CL they might not lose a single player though.

We won't score 3 in Turin, but Lyon might not score as well.
We bought Ronaldo and stuck him out on the left wing to put in crosses for Dybala and Cuadrado. I’m 100% sure we could ruin De Bruyne or any other professional player in existence.

We’ve kept 1 clean sheet in 11 against poor quality teams. I don’t see us not conceding in the second leg.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Bonucci: "Juve not switched on"

This fucking guy. Should start with looking in the mirror, he is always the worst culprit for this. We always miss Chiellini in big games because he adds focus and drive that others could only dream of. Bonucci is big talk, little walk.

Anyway, aside from the pitiful goal conceded the defence wasn't the big issue tonight. This insistence with trying to play through the middle is naive, boring and easy to nullify. Get the fucking ball wide, jesus.
Wide doesn't work either, only time we looked remotely dangerous was when we threw bodies forward and played with urgency. Usually when that happens is when we score, usually when that happens we concede as well lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)