[CL] Lyon 0-1 JUVENTUS [18th October, 2016] (27 Viewers)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
His challenge from behind was retarded. Pussy refs in CL won't allow that. Showed his lack of experience needed to play in this tournament.
Vidal would have done the same and did it over and over for us riding his luck. it was just that Vidal was probably too big of a name to send off, back then, but there is really not much difference in recklessness between the two if you only consider tonights showing of lemina.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He's definitely good enough, but he definitely needs to adjust his game to Serie A. He can't play those short passes when it's not working. That being said: Cuadrado must play. If you have to play a 3-4-3 do that.
Play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 or 3-4-3 and both of them can play.

Alves is a fine fullback. And our goal was scored with both of them on the pitch.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I thought everyone had a good game except the midfield trio of Pjanic, Lemina and Khedira.

Our midfield is a huge problem this season.

As for Bonucci, it was not his best game, but he had 86 % passing accuracy and I thought the penalty call was very harsh.

Buffon and Alex Sandro were absolute gods tonight.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
Eh. Barca and Bayern aren't exactly athletic. We just didn't do enough in the first half, we made some chances. It's one of those games where if let's say Higuains header goes in we probably would've won comfortably.
You're right. They're not, but those sides don't play with three defenders either. It's difficult to control a fast tempo game with a side that gets outran, and has less players in the middle of the park.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I see you don't know what an assist is. Whoscored has it as an assist, ESPN has it as an assist, Transfermarkt has it as an assist.
So ?

I prefer to watch games.

Alves passed the ball to Cuadrado at the edge of the box, Cuadrado took it, made 3 stepovers dribbled the defender.

How the fuck can you consider that an assist ??

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Oh, I don't think it was a great performance in the slightest. We actually played a far better match against Sevilla in the 0-0, a match we would have won 9 times out of 10 with the chances we had. This match was the exact opposite. Probably should have drawn or lost, but won.

Regardless, we won. No style points. And I want the team to perform better, but I'll certainly take the win, and the fantastic start we've had to the season (as far as results go). I'll also trust that our gameplay will get better as we learn how to use Pjanic, Higuain, Alves better.
No one won't take the win, I'm really happy for the result personally. Probably the most important match of the group stages (a loss would have made things difficult).

I reckon I did lose it, but that's one way to get the frustration out. This team needs to do better, we won't always win playing this way especially against better team. It is capable of more. Getting back into the game after the red showed a lot of character though so there's that.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
As for Bonucci, it was not his best game, but he had 86 % passing accuracy and I thought the penalty call was very harsh.
Looked like he was all over the player to me. And tbh when you know how random the refs are in Europe why continually take that chance? I'm willing to bet we give away a couple of those every CL campaign. They'll cost us top spots, they'll cost us progressions, that's the way it has evolved now. When you've got refs who are used to officiating teams that look like the result of falling asleep on your keyboard and then they are thrown into the CL with players grabbing all over the place it's a random result. The guy couldn't make a consistent call on a foul or yellow from one incident to the next, he was useless.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So ?

I prefer to watch games.

Alves passed the ball to Cuadrado at the edge of the box, Cuadrado took it, made 3 stepovers dribbled the defender.

How the fuck can you consider that an assist ??
It's still considered an assist. You can be as big a retard about it as you like, it doesn't change that it's recorded as an assist. :lol:

Do I consider it a great assist. Nope. It's one of those silly ones where the player is lucky they passed the ball to a player before doing that.

Alves was the guy who created most of our chances today. Had something like 6 key passes. He was nowhere near as bad as people are trying to make him out to be.

May 26, 2016
im lost for words.. what a rollecoaster of a game that gave me so much frustration and then suddenly turned in to pure Extacy. And Buffon, for the love of God, is he even Human? :bigscarf::rock:

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
What? People now want Cuadrado starting every game now? He's got some of the worst decision making of any player i've ever seen. He's a great impact player, or player to use against smaller sides that want to defend in numbers.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No one won't take the win, I'm really happy for the result personally. Probably the most important match of the group stages (a loss would have made things difficult).

I reckon I did lose it, but that's one way to get the frustration out. This team needs to do better, we won't always win playing this way especially against better team. It is capable of more. Getting back into the game after the red showed a lot of character though so there's that.
I think we agree completely here. :D

Happy about the win, especially given the circumstance (10 men for most of the second half, in an away game), but want to see improvement. I don't see why we won't see improvement. Allegri and our players still haven't figured out how to best get Higuain involved more. Dybala and Higuain especially need to work on how to play with each other. Same deal with Pjanic, we haven't figured out how to use him best yet. These things will come.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I thought everyone had a good game except the midfield trio of Pjanic, Lemina and Khedira.

Our midfield is a huge problem this season.

Im worried too. We seem to not be able to find a way to fix this issue with every combination of midfielders we use. I dont know if marchisio alone will be able to elevate everyone´s game just because he is there. Something is not clicking.

Our def is dependable, our forwards and wingers very capable....but our midfield fukin sucks.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What? People now want Cuadrado starting every game now? He's got some of the worst decision making of any player i've ever seen. He's a great impact player, or player to use against smaller sides that want to defend in numbers.
His next no end product game he'll be back on the bench, you're catching on :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Thank you Gigi for helping us not lose that game.

The important thing is the 3 points. Nothing else. Fantastic goal from Cuadrado who changed the game when he came on.

That ref, Lyon and their fans in general can all go fuck themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)