(CL)Juventus vs Werder Bremen (22 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Diego said:
yep,indeed

this would be my formation for the next round,if it were my way

Buffon

Zebina - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Camoranesi - Emerson - Nedved

Del Piero - Mutu

Trezeguet

What would you like to see as the next formation?

Exactly! And that's the way I think Lippi would have played also! We would have been dangerous all the time. Capello's tactics are just too old for champions league!
That's how it should have been when he made the substitutions yesterday, instead he took off Camoranesi. True Camoranesi was not good, but changing his role would definitely change his performance.

Anyway, I don't think Capello has the balls to start with such a team. He's a coward.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Byrone said:
yep,indeed

Buffon

Del Piero - Mutu

Trezeguet​

I like this one indeed

juvechampions

Feb 27, 2006
Bremen gk yesterday played the game of his life, how many opportunities we had and we did not scored due to their gk.We could scored earlier and the game wouldn't be so dramatic and finally had happy end for us.Maybe this month juve did not played good football but now if will win milan and this will happen for sure we'll already have won the SERIA A and then the team will be more focus on letter satges of CL.At this stages of CL only the result is important.FORZA JUVE

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Diego said:
yep,indeed

Buffon

Del Piero - Mutu

Trezeguet

Exactly! And that's the way I think Lippi would have played also! We would have been dangerous all the time. Capello's tactics are just too old for champions league!
this formation is too offensive to start with in a champions league match. we have defensive problems even when we play with Viera-Emerson. this could be a suicide for us.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
ln all honesty, Ibra doesn't seem like a good champions league performer since he came - Serie A maybe , but not the CL. I think DP should start CL games and Ibra maybe some Serie A games... Kinda like what Barca do with Sylvinho and Van Bronchhoorst on the left - one plays La Liga ane plays CL unless injured

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
m_elayyan said:
they are the weakest team left and i am not sure that we can beat them
u should know by now that there are no such things as weak teams in the CL! look what taking bremen as the weaker team has brought Juve.

Gradient

Jan 26, 2006
I really think it is unfair of most people on this forum to never credit Bremen’s performance (for I am a fan). You always think that it was all due to your own players, but never accept that Bremen might have been good. Despite Juves’s chances at the end, Bremen could have scored their second goal on several occasions, but you never mention that. You always say that you could have scored 5+ goals, etc, but this is football! Not every chance is a goal and like I said, Bremen had quite some themselves. Another thing I dislike reading, is that you always mention their 7-2 loss against Lyon last year, without ever having read a report. Werder had more shots on goal than Lyon that night (when I am correct). Nearly every wide shot from Lyon was a goal. They were partially quite lucky. Then you forget that Bremen won against Valencia two times in last year’s group stages, which is not too bad either. Then you come up with Bremen’s losses against Barcelona from this season’s Champions League. Again without ever having read a report on what actually happened, because they were not that bad either, especially at home, having gotten a penalty against them, etc. Also, you often say “a side like Bremen” without knowing anything about them. Players like Micoud, Frings Borowski and Klose are very good players while some of Juves’s are only have-beens. No offence, all your players have a lot of quality, so don’t get me wrong. But I cannot understand why you write something like this. The name of Werder Bremen is not so very well known across Europe, but Werder is a rising football star. Do you really believe, that it will always be the same teams at the top of Europe? Bremen will enhance their stadium next season, Bremen will buy new defenders, etc. and you will most likely (I hope) see Werder in the Champions League next season, again having advanced and showing greater football than ever before ;) .

cyc82

Jan 19, 2006
I really think it is unfair of most people on this forum to never credit Bremen’s performance (for I am a fan). You always think that it was all due to your own players, but never accept that Bremen might have been good. Despite Juves’s chances at the end, Bremen could have scored their second goal on several occasions, but you never mention that. You always say that you could have scored 5+ goals, etc, but this is football! Not every chance is a goal and like I said, Bremen had quite some themselves. Another thing I dislike reading, is that you always mention their 7-2 loss against Lyon last year, without ever having read a report. Werder had more shots on goal than Lyon that night (when I am correct). Nearly every wide shot from Lyon was a goal. They were partially quite lucky. Then you forget that Bremen won against Valencia two times in last year’s group stages, which is not too bad either. Then you come up with Bremen’s losses against Barcelona from this season’s Champions League. Again without ever having read a report on what actually happened, because they were not that bad either, especially at home, having gotten a penalty against them, etc. Also, you often say “a side like Bremen” without knowing anything about them. Players like Micoud, Frings Borowski and Klose are very good players while some of Juves’s are only have-beens. No offence, all your players have a lot of quality, so don’t get me wrong. But I cannot understand why you write something like this. The name of Werder Bremen is not so very well known across Europe, but Werder is a rising football star. Do you really believe, that it will always be the same teams at the top of Europe? Bremen will enhance their stadium next season, Bremen will buy new defenders, etc. and you will most likely (I hope) see Werder in the Champions League next season, again having advanced and showing greater football than ever before .

i´m not a werder bremen fan but i agree with all of that!!

Mozart

F*ck the media
Feb 3, 2006
i agree with what u said...but there is 1 point i dont...how scoring 7 goals can be lucky...there is someone who is not doing his job in the defence...

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Stuart said:
Here's my take on the game.

Del Piero should've started ahead of Ibrahimovic, no question about it. Ibra's form has been poor for a while now and DP's has been very good, plus Zlatan wasn't 100% fit. DP didn't make much of an impact when he came on, though he did have a part to play in Trezeguet's goal, but it cannot be ignored that as soon as Zlatan left the pitch Juve played better football. I'm sorry but the Swede did absolutely nothing useful and he gets called for offside more than Pippo Inzaghi.

Nedved, Zambrotta, Emerson and Thuram were our best players IMO. Cannavaro was pretty solid too and Buffon made a few nice saves. Zebina was decent, Vieira wasn't able to influence the game and Camoranesi was fairly quiet too. Trez did what he does best once more and it's good to have Zamboy bombing down that left flank again. Emerson should've scored in the first half and had a few off passes but overall did a good job in the centre of the pitch, hit a cracking shot towards the end of the game and scored the winner. Mutu and DP weren't spectacular but we just seem to play better with them on the pitch.

Oh and btw I can't help but feel sorry for Tim Wiese. He was outstanding in the Bremen goal and to cost his team the game like that is a pity.

Nice Post Stuart.. Agree 100%

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Emerson Thanks Cannavaro

The 'Puma’ had not noticed the mistake by the Werder Bremen before Cannavaro called him.
Emerson, and Juventus, can thank Fabio Cannavaro for the last-minute qualification to the Champions League quarter finals.

“I did not notice that the goalkeeper had made a mistake, it was him (Cannavaro) who shouted and that’s how I hit the ball.

“We had a wrong approach for the match, but we showed that we are a team that never gives up. There was a lot of fear, but we pulled out the character.”

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
Gradient said:
I really think it is unfair of most people on this forum to never credit Bremen’s performance (for I am a fan). You always think that it was all due to your own players, but never accept that Bremen might have been good. Despite Juves’s chances at the end, Bremen could have scored their second goal on several occasions, but you never mention that. You always say that you could have scored 5+ goals, etc, but this is football! Not every chance is a goal and like I said, Bremen had quite some themselves. Another thing I dislike reading, is that you always mention their 7-2 loss against Lyon last year, without ever having read a report. Werder had more shots on goal than Lyon that night (when I am correct). Nearly every wide shot from Lyon was a goal. They were partially quite lucky. Then you forget that Bremen won against Valencia two times in last year’s group stages, which is not too bad either. Then you come up with Bremen’s losses against Barcelona from this season’s Champions League. Again without ever having read a report on what actually happened, because they were not that bad either, especially at home, having gotten a penalty against them, etc. Also, you often say “a side like Bremen” without knowing anything about them. Players like Micoud, Frings Borowski and Klose are very good players while some of Juves’s are only have-beens. No offence, all your players have a lot of quality, so don’t get me wrong. But I cannot understand why you write something like this. The name of Werder Bremen is not so very well known across Europe, but Werder is a rising football star. Do you really believe, that it will always be the same teams at the top of Europe? Bremen will enhance their stadium next season, Bremen will buy new defenders, etc. and you will most likely (I hope) see Werder in the Champions League next season, again having advanced and showing greater football than ever before ;) .
so treu man , werder is a great team and that 10-3 vs lyon dont show there real power.
guys do you really believe that if lyon plays werder again that they win again 7-2?
werder is second in the bundesliga thats not bad at all!
and what is this shit like , i hope we dont meet barca ?
i dont care who we draw, i just care that we win againts the team we draw!
i am very happy that there is a possibility to play barca in the quarter finals because thats much MUCH better than not playing the quarter finals at all.
ok barca looks very good and all and we won with a lucky goal but we werent that bad like some of you said , ok this wasent the real Juventus but we are in the next round and thats all we need.
and believe me if Juventus plays againts barca than they will play much differents againts barca than werder ,remember 2002/2003 if tudor dident make that lucky goal againts depor(it looked almost like the game of yesterday,i mean the same feeling like ok we arent performing that good but i can feel that goal hanging in the air and he is gowing to fall,and it did) than we never saw juve beating and knocking out barca in nou camp with 10man(red card davids we had to play like another hour with 10 in camp nou againts super attacking barca and there was no TREZEGUET only zalayeta in attack and still we did it) and the next game we were again underdogs againts real and we beat them with the most sexiest football from the last 10years.
so why cant we win againts barca?
you never know!

FORZA JUVENTUS!!!!

i still believe in the CHAMPIONS LEAGEU!!!
and i have the right to believe it because we are Juventus Serie a leaders and we can win anybody!
maybe winning in this manner againts werder , is the best thing that could happen to us, lyon won 10-3 and what did they reached with that? to be kicking out in the next round by psv.
remeber depor losing 8-3 againts monaco? but that dident stop them to knock out juventus and milan 4-0 trashing!!!! and only to been kicket out by porto on a single penalty!
every game is differents this game (juve - werder) is over and we are in the next round , and for now on we dont look back at this game we look at the next game ;)

! ! !FORZA JUVE ! ! !

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
oh yeah another thing.

if Trezeguet stays fit and plays every champions leageu game , than Juve have a good chance to win the champions leageu.
i realy believe that he is the reason that we are in the next round and that we were kicket out last year because he wasent there.
look at the 1-1 it looked very simple but have you seen how trezeguet smaks it in perfect in the left corner, the same in bremen he made the 1-2 he heads perfect in the right corner even hitting the post , he is a real predator in the box and you all can say what you want but he is by far the best finisher in this world.

Trezeguet is gowing to give us Champions leageu Glory ;)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
you are all right, Werder is a good team. but we are not talking about Bremen here. We are juve, we spent so much money to win the CL and we should be able to controll every much against Werder. even if we did not play good against Werder in both matches, but we should have scored at least 8 goals and not only the 4 goals we scored, if Zlatan, viera and co. had done better with their chances.

as for german teams, they should finaly learn that a match is 90 minutes. Bremen spent so much power in the first half in both matches. it was juve´s fault that we did not win the first match. Bremen was actionly KO both yesterday and in the first leg, but we did not manage to do the best of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)