[CL] JUVENTUS vs Lyon [August 7th, 2020] (14 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Not sure if he was on the bench but I'd have put Vrioni on for Higuain at HT. Young players don't have experience or skill like an established big player, but they have legs, drive and desire. Those mean just as much in this current football. Higuain was filling space tonight. Sarri was hoping that maybe a ball would break for him in the area and he could hold the ball up, that's all he can do now.

We so rarely try young players in difficult situations, it's not a very Italian thing.
he wasn't on the bench btw, but agreed on higuain. he was never going to score tonight.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
That's why we should be shopping in Italy. IMO that's where we are most likely going to be able to use our shitty players for trades etc.
It’s a shame Roma are probably off limits now but yeah, there’s a few interesting players in teams that finished in the top half. However, I can only imagine the players that would be swappable to these clubs are the ItalJuve2 abortions.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #505
    It’s a shame Roma are probably off limits now but yeah, there’s a few interesting players in teams that finished in the top half. However, I can only imagine the players that would be swappable to these clubs are the ItalJuve2 abortions.
    Shame about Zaniolo too. A bigger fish is going to get him anyway.

Zapata might be decent for a couple years as a lower cost striker that is a strong finisher. We need someone up front to bang goals in and we don't need to shop abroad for one. Locatelli I like, well-rounded capable CM. Zapata has one shot to win something, so I would see him as super motivated here.

I know this sounds crazy, but we need players that aren't fantastic but want to prove something to world that they can do something special...I miss players like Giacherinni and Padoin. Man, they had heart and at the 95th minute today they would have been leaving their lungs on the field to try and push the team.

Hate to see what we have become.

We've lost the edge.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    Totally with you @Hustini. We have to shake things up and get motivated players to show they are worthy of Juve. Players like Lichtsteiner did just that in 2011-12 and to a lesser extent Pirlo (who was more motivated more by showing up Milan). It worries me to see Milan have that going off now with players like Rebic. Everyone is gunning for us and Juve are in decline, but if Bayern can keep refreshing it’s not undoable.

Mar 10, 2009
    I have to admit I genuinely did not conceive this to be possible. This really was the genuine definition of a "rude awakening." When we were drawn with Lyon I was already thinking about the 1/8 and even when we were 1-0 down in the first leg I still believed we will turn this around. This is up there with England's loss to Iceland.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I fake fanned this one as I was afraid it would haunt me like the Fulham game.
    I just read Agnelli's interview and next season is fucked too.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    I fake fanned this one as I was afraid it would haunt me like the Fulham game.
    I just read Agnelli's interview and next season is fucked too.
    I had to work and couldn’t watch anything but some of the first half and I’m glad I didn’t watch the rest. It’s been quite a chore to watch us play nowadays anyway. No interesting players, no excitement, no talent. Don’t know what Ronaldo was thinking when he came here. Maybe our project looked great on paper but boy was he fooled.

This was the worst Juventus squad/system I ever watched plaY and I’ve seen us field some average teams since 94’. No excitement for next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)