[CL] JUVENTUS vs Lyon [August 7th, 2020] (23 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
That is the most possible scenario, because I dont se we win it 5-0

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk
I dont think there is a likely scenario in this one.
We are clearly the better team but our team plays like crap therefore I`d say it is pretty even - Tough to say who will qualify (which is horrible since a team like Lyon we should run over)

Aug 2, 2005
If we pass Lyon.. anything can happen.
Either we win the whole thing or even crash harshly to anyone of City/RM/Farca/Bayern.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
There's no way he isn't already included on the CL list, right? :lol:
They kept him in the squad.
All the remaining teams made some squad changes for the knockouts, but, apart from us excluding Demiral and replacing him with Chiellini, all the other changes were irrelevant. Lyon had enough space in the squad and they didn't have to replace Depay, so, luckily for them, they kept him.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
AjarGlitteringAngora-size_restricted.gif

I agree with all of you .... no excitement for this match ... ...it is like , can we finish this please ....Next :lol2:

it will be out of the blue if it's otherwise

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I agree with all of you .... no excitement for this match ... ...it is like , can we finish this please ....Next :lol2:
it will be out of the blue if it's otherwise
I am actually excited about this match. If we do eliminate Lyon, I agree with Sarri that everything is possible from there on.

In order to win a league, you need to have the best team. I'd say that 90-95% in winning a league is about having the best team. Only if 2 or 3 teams of similar quality fight for the league, some other factors can decide who wins it.
In order to win the CL in normal season, 60 to 70% is about having the best team, while factors like current form, injuries, lack of concentration in crucial moments, or even a referee mistake or two might screw you up. Still, in normal seasons, quality is absolutely the main factor. Teams have enough time to prepare for matches, for observing the next opponent and prepare for them, and, after all, the best teams are set up to peak in March-May.

This time it's completely different to any other time in history. At most 40-50% will be about quality and playing the best football. This means that teams like Bayern or City are still the favorites, but with 4-5 days between matches, without time to prepare for the next opponent, with only one match deciding who qualifies and who doesn't, with hot weather in mid-August and humidity above 60%, without any chance of predicting the form of teams who finished the official season almost 2 months ago in Germany or 5 months in the case of France, or the teams who played every 3 days until yesterday. No crowd. Even a minor injury of important player (which would normally keep him out for a week) can now be a catastrophe.

If we pass Lyon, everything from 5:0 defeat in the quarters to a CL win is just as possible. We'll have a 1/8 chance to win it, just as everyone else. We didn't click as a team, and in a normal season our chances to win this year were very small, or at least much smaller than 1 in 8. But in a season like this.... who knows. And that's why I am excited about the Lyon match.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Just give the ball to Ronaldo or Dybala.

The rest: run around like Matuidi and hope for the best.

If we do this right, maybe, just maybe we can go through.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I am actually excited about this match. If we do eliminate Lyon, I agree with Sarri that everything is possible from there on.

In order to win a league, you need to have the best team. I'd say that 90-95% in winning a league is about having the best team. Only if 2 or 3 teams of similar quality fight for the league, some other factors can decide who wins it.
In order to win the CL in normal season, 60 to 70% is about having the best team, while factors like current form, injuries, lack of concentration in crucial moments, or even a referee mistake or two might screw you up. Still, in normal seasons, quality is absolutely the main factor. Teams have enough time to prepare for matches, for observing the next opponent and prepare for them, and, after all, the best teams are set up to peak in March-May.

This time it's completely different to any other time in history. At most 40-50% will be about quality and playing the best football. This means that teams like Bayern or City are still the favorites, but with 4-5 days between matches, without time to prepare for the next opponent, with only one match deciding who qualifies and who doesn't, with hot weather in mid-August and humidity above 60%, without any chance of predicting the form of teams who finished the official season almost 2 months ago in Germany or 5 months in the case of France, or the teams who played every 3 days until yesterday. No crowd. Even a minor injury of important player (which would normally keep him out for a week) can now be a catastrophe.

If we pass Lyon, everything from 5:0 defeat in the quarters to a CL win is just as possible. We'll have a 1/8 chance to win it, just as everyone else. We didn't click as a team, and in a normal season our chances to win this year were very small, or at least much smaller than 1 in 8. But in a season like this.... who knows. And that's why I am excited about the Lyon match.
I think it's the opposite. In this format teams with better quality especially in attack will trump teams that try to overachieve with better tactics, preparation and fitness- which is usually Juve. Isn't that why Juve and Atleti are good at 2-legged ties but loses finals?
I think PSG, Bayern and ManCity are the favourites in this format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)