[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (23 Viewers)

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
England, Paraguay and Trinidad and Tobago.

Don't know much about Trinidad and Tobago but I heard that Paraguay beat both Brazil and Argentina in the Qualifiers so they won't be push overs.

As for England, they'll be tough but beatable especially if they bring Ferdinand.

Ibra will have it tough to score in Germany, especially if he shows the form that he has now. Personally I wouldn't place any bets on him winning the golden boot.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jeeks said:
So your assumption cannot stand because reality was that after Capello Roma were relegation battlers.
but in reality there was many other huge factors that contributed to the situation that roma were in.

but do u say that the squad that capello left was bad ?cassano was finally mature and playing well, totti was a leader was again playing well, he signed players like dacourt who really helped, as well as chivu who is a leader at the back, so is panucci, and roma really pushed milan all the way and should've had a chance to win the league but there was some dubious refferring decisions that didnt go their way in that almost deciding game.

however we r in the present and the team isnt doing well and cap needs to do something and also to build a team for next year.the most important thing is to win the scudetto at the moment

Hanaukyo

Sep 2, 2004
I love that eeveryone here decided to blast zlatan for the effort, when NO ONE SHOWED UP! Yeah zlatan was actually the best player, with a good finnish and a header down to nedved. Juve had best pressure when nedved decided to get red.

Forza-Fortuna

Apr 1, 2006
Hanaukyo said:
I love that eeveryone here decided to blast zlatan for the effort, when NO ONE SHOWED UP! Yeah zlatan was actually the best player, with a good finnish and a header down to nedved. Juve had best pressure when nedved decided to get red.

Waaaah?

Ibrahimovic made about three damn passes that connected to his teamates.

Another couple of offsides to add to his champions league record.
--

Nedved was one of Juve's most hardworking players, but he was also reckless and had too much of a point to prove, as if everything depended on him, and obviously when you can't get any joy out of eboue and then decide to bring him down twice, you are going to get sent off every single time in europe.

Juve's best player over two legs was no doubt buffon, otherwise Arsenal would have scored more, both home and away..

Too many comfortable players happy to live on Capello's silly budget, acting all posh like celebrities without putting in any hardwork, feeling that they can call themselves true players of Juventus.

Most players in this squad are frauds. They have no heart or commitment.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
sateeh said:
but in reality there was many other huge factors that contributed to the situation that roma were in.

but do u say that the squad that capello left was bad ?cassano was finally mature and playing well, totti was a leader was again playing well, he signed players like dacourt who really helped, as well as chivu who is a leader at the back, so is panucci, and roma really pushed milan all the way and should've had a chance to win the league but there was some dubious refferring decisions that didnt go their way in that almost deciding game.

however we r in the present and the team isnt doing well and cap needs to do something and also to build a team for next year.the most important thing is to win the scudetto at the moment
You mentioned forwards and a defender, don't you think the link is missing?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jeeks said:
You mentioned forwards and a defender, don't you think the link is missing?
come on man i just gave u examples, anyway mancini,tommasi, perrota,de rossi and not forgetting that totti and cassano always drop to help the midfield and create most plays.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
sateeh said:
come on man i just gave u examples, anyway mancini,tommasi, perrota,de rossi and not forgetting that totti and cassano always drop to help the midfield and create most plays.
It took Perrotta one season to fill the gap Emerson left, Emerson left Roma jut to follow his master.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Footballitalia said:
True but he is Stingy on the transfers if a players worth 15 million he will Pay 6 Like mutu! And the others i Was very Suprised he Paid 14 for Viera He Puts in a low Bid then Moans About IT!!!! What a twat, haha. La Fica.
Although I hate standing up for crapello but on this case its usually moggi who looks at the money matters in more depth. Personally if we get rid of capello which is unlikely then we certainly need a stubborn manager who requires the players he wants no matter what. Although in saying that capello was no doubt stubborn for emerson, zebina and co.. :wallbang:

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Arsenal losing to Man Utd 2-0 at Old Trafford, and totally outplayed by Utd.....
oh well, looks like Arsenal have to win the Champions League if they want CL football next season, haha, good luck to them !

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
Edge said:
oh well, looks like Arsenal have to win the Champions League if they want CL football next season, haha, good luck to them !
Unlike Juve, they actually deserve to win, even they are doing crap in the EPL.

And fair play to them.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I still don't like the idea of letting teams with crap form in their domestic leagues to return in the CL just because they are idiot savants in the tournament itself.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
swag said:
I still don't like the idea of letting teams with crap form in their domestic leagues to return in the CL just because they are idiot savants in the tournament itself.
i saw the Man U -arsenal game last nite, and i was both happy and sad.

mostly sad, i really hate arsenal now..

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
swag said:
Agree whats funny is the fact that liverpool despite winning the CL managed to participate in the CL again as they ended up fifth in their league. All in all the english teams had 5 participants after liverpool facing easy ties. But thanks to villareal in went back to 4. The only way to solve such problems is to cut down the CL to 16 teams (top two in the topc leagues). That should show allow the bigger teams to actually give more crap and we should have better mouth watering ties to watch. Only then would it turn into a real Champions league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)