[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (4 Viewers)

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
I know I haven't been here in quite a while but the other night has prompted me to come out of retirement.

We were simply disastrous, there is no other way of describing it. Moggi or Capello can say what they want, it was a dreadful performance from all of the players.

I have read a few of the comments about the game and I can see where most people are coming from, so here is my two cents.

The only player that really is enthusiastic about playing for Juve at the moment is Del Piero and there is a simple reason for this - he has been at the club for most of his carreer. He joined us when he was still a teenager and now he is part of the furniture. He is the only one whose performances show that he has black and white blood running through his veins.(He'll probably joinn Newcastle when he leaves, God help him!!!). He has been through the ups and downs with the club and therefore will fight tooth and nail for the club.

Wednesday night we were beaten by Arsenal who develop young players and see them reach their potential at the club. They rarely buy establised players and always put young players in their first team when they are ready and they do not send young players off on loan and see how they do, like another club we all know and love. We might have to wait a few years for success but I think a whole team with bianconero blood is better than one player.

We haven't won the CL in 10 years, its about time we started getting back to where we belong ie at the top.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Merged you into the mainline on this topic.

Cheers. :pint:

jaansu said:
I know I haven't been here in quite a while but the other night has prompted me to come out of retirement.

We were simply disastrous, there is no other way of describing it. Moggi or Capello can say what they want, it was a dreadful performance from all of the players.

I have read a few of the comments about the game and I can see where most people are coming from, so here is my two cents.

The only player that really is enthusiastic about playing for Juve at the moment is Del Piero and there is a simple reason for this - he has been at the club for most of his carreer. He joined us when he was still a teenager and now he is part of the furniture. He is the only one whose performances show that he has black and white blood running through his veins.(He'll probably joinn Newcastle when he leaves, God help him!!!). He has been through the ups and downs with the club and therefore will fight tooth and nail for the club.

Wednesday night we were beaten by Arsenal who develop young players and see them reach their potential at the club. They rarely buy establised players and always put young players in their first team when they are ready and they do not send young players off on loan and see how they do, like another club we all know and love. We might have to wait a few years for success but I think a whole team with bianconero blood is better than one player.

We haven't won the CL in 10 years, its about time we started getting back to where we belong ie at the top.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jeeks said:
I can't but appreciate the analysis you did here, I admire it and I can't but agree with it.

May I add to the work of Capello in a team, or the result of his departure. Because of him not developing any playing strategy or game plan, he tends to destroy the team after his departure. Due to him just adding a block in a previous system, his departure makes this unfit block fall and thus leave a huge gap behind.

After his days at Milan, we all saw how much Milan needed to recover, and it was until Fetih Terim that the team started to regain shape.

Another example is Roma, after being title contenders, they were relgation battlers last year.

Now someone (I don't mean anyone in particular) will tell me that Real Madrid came to win the CL one year after his departure. However, they suffered big time in their league and another thing, he only stayed there one season, so he couldn't cause much damage.

So I get to conclude that Capello is not only an opportunist with a reputation stolen from the work of others, but he also leaves so much crap behind that it takes a while for someone to clean.
u guys r being really unfair here imo.

roma were expected to have a great season with Cesare Prandelli, and their bad season...but he had to leave to take care of his sick wive..
thenn roma made the mistake of signing Ruddi Voeller as head coach... then wat happens? he resigns and leaves the club for ruins.

If that doesnt screw up ur campain i dont know wat will. IMO cap left roma a great side to work with.They were playing some of the best football in serie A that was in the 2004 season when milan won the title. So some of it has to be credited to capello not zeman as denco said.

ur just summing up many problems that teams had after capello left, and just blaming him.Which is unfair imo. Dont get me wrong am not his biggest fan these days but it is unfair sometimes to blame him for everything.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
sateeh said:
u guys r being really unfair here imo.

roma were expected to have a great season with Cesare Prandelli, and their bad season...but he had to leave to take care of his sick wive..
thenn roma made the mistake of signing Ruddi Voeller as head coach... then wat happens? he resigns and leaves the club for ruins.

If that doesnt screw up ur campain i dont know wat will. IMO cap left roma a great side to work with.They were playing some of the best football in serie A that was in the 2004 season when milan won the title. So some of it has to be credited to capello not zeman as denco said.

ur just summing up many problems that teams had after capello left, and just blaming him.Which is unfair imo. Dont get me wrong am not his biggest fan these days but it is unfair sometimes to blame him for everything.
And how do you know Prandelli's job wouldn't have been as difficult as Voeller's? You can't!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
their first gk(viera if i am right) is susbended and backup gk will play instead. the news is in uefa.com.

Villarreal hand gloves to Barbosa

Mariano Barbosa is set for a rare run in the starting XI as Villarreal CF prepare for life in the UEFA Champions League without the suspended Sebastián Viera.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
jaansu said:

jaansu,

it is good to see that you have stopped back...please stay !!

we need some of the "old guard" around here to teach some of these "Cap suckers" a thing or 2 about football, and our beloved Juventus !!

now, where is Jules ???

Sep 28, 2002
Robert_Greenock said:
I dont think use guys would want to play Villareal Anways

we played them and they cheated us, the keeper acted like a drama queen and and for the hole injury time he was on the ground complainng about his head
he received two yellows in two matches against rangers. what goes around comes around, he's suspended for the first leg of arsenal game.

forza villareal anyway!

welcome by the way :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)