[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (8 Viewers)

robinvanpersie

Mar 25, 2006
un altro alex said:
it definitely leaves much to be pondered over how much attention to gives to each individual post before commenting on them. especially since he wrote approximately 17 points on the guy.
not use of word approximately, shows that im NOT SURE.
Not really, it's actually quite a common mistake for people to spell usernames, etc. wrong so the same goes for numbers. My user name in a lot of places is yonatan yet some people still call me yonaton, not because they're idiots (although it's annoying) just because they make a mistake and it doesn't make me overlook their post since "they don't pay enough attention". I agree with his post and I don't think you can say I haven't read the responses on here. Even your fellow Juve fans agree with it so there's really not much left to be said.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
bradd_21 said:
I hate to say it but my god some of you Juventus fans aren’t exactly the brightest people in the world. So far you guys have so confidently claimed that …

1) Azzuri 17 watches Arsenal ‘ALL THE TIME’ and would like to point out that Kolo is "not a first team player for arsenal nor is he a regular starter"
2) Toure IS a first team player for arsenal, it was just a very long typo
3) Toure makes too many mistakes and is too inconsistant
4) Toure cost us the game against Chelsea
5) Toure has only had ‘4 or 5’ decent games this season
6) Del Piero is god – capable of single handedly ripping arsenal apart.
7) Forza Juve, Forza Del Piero, Forza Zlatan, Forza the juve youth team …
8) Azzuri 17 is always right
9) Anyone who disagrees with Azzuri 17 should fuck off to an arsenal forum
10) Everyone who disagrees with Azzuri 17 should ‘Soap Off’
11) Everyone who disagrees with Azzuri 17 is ‘an idiot’
12) Azzuri 17 claims Arsenal fans are all ugly while juventino’s are all coincidentally very attractive people.
13) Azzuri 17 has NEVER insulted ANYONE
14) Nobody should disagree with Azzuri 17 ‘because this is a juve forum’
15) Azzuri 17 has a very funny sense of humour (whether u like it or not)
16) Azzuri 17 is a very busy man and doesn’t have time to reply to questions he cant answer
17) Azzuri 17 was born in 1897, only juve fans can get his funny joke – and you have to do the math
Who has number 17 in the Italian NT?

robinvanpersie

Mar 25, 2006
Elvin said:
Question of curiosity: aren't israeli people living on land of Palestinians or am I mistaking smth?
Some are, some aren't. Same can be said the other way around, btw (although, of course, not in the same magnitude, there are a lot more Israelis living on Palestinian owned land than the other way around). Oh well, that's what happens when one loses a war.

bradd_21

Mar 22, 2006
un altro alex said:
it definitely leaves much to be pondered over how much attention to gives to each individual post before commenting on them. especially since he wrote approximately 17 points on the guy.
not use of word approximately, shows that im NOT SURE.
'to gives to each individual post' ? Not much really ... such moronic statements leave little to be desired and are quite memorable due to their insane inaccuracy and immaturity.

Also, its not easy as you'd think to forget the most ignorant fanbase i've ever encountered!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
bradd_21 said:
'to gives to each individual post' ? Not much really ... such moronic statements leave little to be desired and are quite memorable due to their insane inaccuracy and immaturity.

Also, its not easy as you'd think to forget the most ignorant fanbase i've ever encountered!

bradd, what do you expect of wednesday's game? All biases aside.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Dominic said:
Thanks, I guess.

My prediction? Though my head tells me otherswise, i'd still like to beleive overturning the result is possible. The team isn't functioning properly at the moment, lot of tension out there between the players, tension between the coach and the players, an apparent lack of fitness, a lack of a good techincal standard and the pressure is on as well. If the players rise to the occasion though, something might be possible. If we keep the tempo up and don't let Arsenal get a sniff at our goal, we might be able to break them. Still, it's highly unlikely we'll make it. A three goal difference to go through, makes for a mountainous task.
For the sake of it, i'll predict we'll still make it through anyway..

Well Said....

I don't like what's going on, tension between players and the coach, especially not at this time, we don't have time to see this player getting fined and the other susp.... It's not good.

It's actually good to believe or lets say convince yourself of going through(though it's gonna be tough) but on the other hand If you look at it, we have nothing to loose.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Well Said....

I don't like what's going on, tension between players and the coach, especially not at this time, we don't have time to see this player getting fined and the other susp.... It's not good.

Thanks.

Nope it isn't good, that tension is very destructive. Your teams needs a little calmth before such a big game. On the other hand the Johan Cruijff, beleives the opposite; nothing gets your team as sharp as some much tension.

Azzurri7 said:
It's actually good to believe or lets say convince yourself of going through(though it's gonna be tough) but on the other hand If you look at it, we have nothing to loose.
That we have nothing to lose, is exactly what could help us win this tie. Due to us having to go all out for the (big) win, we might finally break away from our minimum effort play, that mimimum effort play which has been an immense psychological block in europe for us.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
robinvanpersie said:
You say you don't want to speak of this yet that's exactly what you're doing. Ever hear of the Israeli Independence War alternately called the War of 1948? Ever hear of the Six Day War alternately called the War of 1967? Both were wars and are why Palestinians are now in two designated areas in what was once called Palestine. Guess what? History didn't start now when you turned on CNN, it started even before you were born. *gasp*

You pretend to know alot of your history robinvanhorse. What do you actually know about 1948 and 1967......Or did they actually tought you in class that Palestinian Land belongs to you ppl and you had to repeat it after the teacher.

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,530
    I know Reb, that's what Im saying actually ;) Palestinians still/will keep fighting, I think

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Anyway time for me to logout. Hopefully ill ctach the rest tomorrow and there will be more football talk than political. Take care my fellow juventinos especially Azzuri, rebel and elvin :)

robinvanpersie

Mar 25, 2006
    PhRoZeN said:
    Its funny how your the one thats keep on bringing it up. Ill tell you exactly what i heard.. it was the bamforth agreement that went all in favour of israel. Simple said. Anyway thats the final reply I would have said much more but its a football forum.
    We can move this talk to OT or to PM. Anyway, as you may know, it takes two to tango. I actually have never heard of the bamforth agreement. You may be speaking of the Balfour Declaration, in which case you may be right but the Balfour Declaration isn't what the division of the land of Palestine was based upon. The Balfour Declaration is actually very ambiguous and the only thing it really says is that the British government ""view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people". Note that it says in meaning you don't know how much of it. Either way, the declaration is irrelevant as the plan to divide up the territory wasn't based in the least bit upon that.

ThaiGunner

Apr 2, 2006
    IMO, if Eboue is %100, I can't see you score more than 1 goal on us. We will only have to watch out for those long balls...and long range shots from Nedved. If Eboue plays, that means we will have Kolo at CB. And I can't see how your pace upfront (if you have any) will trouble us.

If you keep pushing forward, it will be even more open for our breakneck speed counterattacking plays. So I can't see how you will manage to keep a clean sheet either.

So bye bye Juve. Nice playing with you. :D

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    PhRoZeN said:
    Anyway time for me to logout. Hopefully ill ctach the rest tomorrow and there will be more football talk than political. Take care my fellow juventinos especially Azzuri, rebel and elvin :)

Take care, mate...:) :)

Elvin, you're right...

And Azzuri, +Rep...

bradd_21

Mar 22, 2006
    Dominic said:
    bradd, what do you expect of wednesday's game? All biases aside.
    Never been biased mate, was just stating my opinions on people who seem to enjoy insulting random members on an internet forum.

As for the game - From a neutral perspective i reckon you will struggle to keep a clean sheet most of all. You're going to have to approach the game with the intention of scoring quite a few goals, and that's never been capello's style IMO, so you might struggle to balance it out when it comes to attacking and defending. You're going to have to come out and pressure arsenal sooner or later, which will inevitably leave gaps in your defence - gaps that arsenal love to expose - and with the pace of reyes, hleb, ljungberg, and henry, they can easily score 2 or 3 goals on the counter attack once you come out. They did it against madrid at the barnabeau when they came out, and could have easily scored atleast 3, and they also did it against inter at the san siro when they came out, and ended up scoring 5 - they are just so dangerous on the counter attack its un-real.

Having said that, i think capello knows that if arsenal score then juve to advance to the semis would transform from reality into fantasy - which is why i reckon he's not going to play as attacking as people will expect. That way, you would HAVE to create chances every once in a while - and your advancement would depend on whether you take those chances, and keep tight at the back at the same time. That, imo, is a very, very difficult task against a very, very hungry and determined arsenal side.

Its not impossible - but you'll need to be clinical, as well as have some luck on your side on the night. Either way it should be a fascinating tie, but you've put yourselves in a very very difficult position.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
    ThaiGunner said:
    IMO, if Eboue is %100, I can't see you score more than 1 goal on us. We will only have to watch out for those long balls...and long range shots from Nedved. If Eboue plays, that means we will have Kolo at CB. And I can't see how your pace upfront (if you have any) will trouble us.

If you keep pushing forward, it will be even more open for our breakneck speed counterattacking plays. So I can't see how you will manage to keep a clean sheet either.

So bye bye Juve. Nice playing with you. :D
    "By the mouth died the fish"

ThaiGunner

Apr 2, 2006
    One advantage that you might have over us on Wednesday is that our players did look pretty knackered this past Saturday (when we beat Villa 5-0.) And our style of play does require a lot of stamina. I'm not sure if our players will be fully ready physically, comes Wednesday.. But still I don't see how we will let this one slip.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Dominic said:
    Thanks.

Nope it isn't good, that tension is very destructive. Your teams needs a little calmth before such a big game. On the other hand the Johan Cruijff, beleives the opposite; nothing gets your team as sharp as some much tension.

That we have nothing to lose, is exactly what could help us win this tie. Due to us having to go all out for the (big) win, we might finally break away from our minimum effort play, that mimimum effort play which has been an immense psychological block in europe for us.

Thats right. Johan can actually be right. and he probably is.

Anyhow, I don't think we'll be heading for 3goals as you said. I'd be satisfy with two. I'd let Buffon and Lehman to do their Job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)