[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (7 Viewers)

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Ekram said:
did you even see the match i don't think if you see it and you say these words consider yourself know nothing about football

aston villa plays better than yours:D
You're proud because Arsenal beat Juventus in probably the worst game ever that Juve have had? Are you proud of beating Aston Villa 5-0?....:tup:

Aston Villa is currently leading the league by 9 points? Aston Villa is in the quarter finals of the Champions League? Aston Villa is even in the uefa cup? Aston Villa is considered at least as one of the top 10 best clubs? Aston Villa is even a "team"?

Treviso can beat Aston Villa 5-0!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ekram

Mar 15, 2006
belive me
i am not proud that we beat u as much as the performance
when i see the 18 years old teach the man who considered we lack a lesson
and seeing him take pannas and see us play our bueatiful football and see cesc freezing the best goalie in the world and see the ball enter the net
i am a proud of team who didn't spent money on big names but he makes big names and sell them to idiots (i am not talking only about vieira but also anelka overmars petit and more)
this is the real proud

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
Ekram said:
belive me
i am not proud that we beat u as much as the performance
when i see the 18 years old teach the man who considered we lack a lesson
and seeing him take pannas and see us play our bueatiful football and see cesc freezing the best goalie in the world and see the ball enter the net
i am a proud of team who didn't spent money on big names but he makes big names and sell them to idiots (i am not talking only about vieira but also anelka overmars petit and more)
this is the real proud
I'm sorry but you feel proud of a lot of stupid things. Who is actually proud of a "team who didn't spent money on big names but he makes big names and sell them to idiots"? LOL

Apr 1, 2006
Still trying to trade insults and avoid why juve lost ! lol

ARTICLE:

"Juventus are meant to be the most “Italian” of the Serie A clubs, conjuring up the familiar stereotypes: staunch defending, tactical awareness and, of course, a lethal counterattack. Last night, however, Juventus proved weakest precisely where they should have been strongest"

"Arsenal changed tactical formation — just as they had done against Real Madrid in the previous round — adjusting to their opponents, rather than making their opponents worry about them. And it was the Juventus defenders — the ordinarily cocksure and vastly experienced pairing of Fabio Cannavaro and Lilian Thuram — who were befuddled by the movement of the opposing strikers and victimised by the pace and guile of their counterattack.

It was not dissimilar to events on Saturday night, when Juve played host to AS Roma. The giallorossi — hard-hit by injuries to their strikers — had no recognised forwards and simply flooded the middle of the park, relying instead on midfield players to make forward runs into the penalty area. The champions were held 1-1 and shrugged it off as merely a speed bump on the way to a record-setting season. Alas, it was a lesson not learnt.

Arsenal employed a similar plan to Roma and created many of the same problems. The five-man midfield robbed Juve’s attacks of their fluidity, forcing them to go over the top once too often. At the same time, Thierry Henry’s movement left Cannavaro and Thuram with a difficult marking job — tracking space is tougher than following around a relatively static opponent.

The fact that Zebina, the right back whose pace was supposed to be the antidote to Henry when he drifts out to his favoured left flank, also sat and waited for much of the game further deprived Juventus of tactical cohesion. Effectively, three defenders sat deep, worrying about Henry moving as he pleased, while a badly undermanned midfield battled with the likes of Francesc Fàbregas, who crossed swords with the man he replaced, Vieira. "

"Arsenal had snuffed out their supply lines, which is particularly serious as David Trezeguet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are the kind of strikers who need regular service. Thus Trezeguet was missing in action, while Ibrahimovic rarely received the ball where he is most dangerous: at his size 15 feet.

At half-time it became clear that Wenger had stopped Capello’s men playing their game, exactly the kind of “European adjustment” that, in the past, Arsenal had been accused of not doing. Capello, on the other hand, is a noted tactician, surely he would find a way to square the circle?

Not so. With Juve a goal down, he felt no change was necessary. Perhaps he had seen something that had escaped the rest of us. Either way, in the first 15 minutes of the second half, things went from bad to worse, as Juve’s midfield tired.

By the time Capello made adjustments, Juve were two down and it smacked of preserving the deficit. Off came an attacking midfield player (Mutu), on came a left back (Giorgio Chiellini). Off came Trezeguet, on came Marcelo Zalayeta, the fifth striking option. If the plan was to prevent Arsenal’s third, it worked. But at what cost? Under constant pressure, the last Juve hallmark — steady nerves in difficult situations — was shattered, as Camoranesi and Zebina received their second yellow cards.

Perhaps that is what hurt Capello the most after the match. The realisation that he was outcoached in terms of tactics and discipline, by a side that used the old-school Italian weapons to maximum effect.

[Gabriele Marcotti]

Dom88

Nov 21, 2005
IMO we could beat Arsenal if we just clogged up the midfield. Wenger himself has complained about it when his team were shut down by it. I mean, apply physical force to the likes of Fabregas and he'll struggle. If a striker gets all up in Senderos' face, he starts making mistakes and is a weak point. Bring in Giannichedda in the middle.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I just wish Arsenal fans would not sit here and try to lecture us on what is wrong with our side. We already know what's fucking wrong with our side and yes it primarly has to do with Capello. Its not because Arsenal players are "technically superior," its not because we have struggled against English sides of late because Arsenal isnt even a true English side, its not because Wenger is the best coach in the world and its not because our squad is not good enough...our squad is better than yours. The problem is Capello and the way he instructs our side to play, so stop defending him and making it obvious you're trying to overrate your success.

cappo

Apr 1, 2006
Dom88 said:
IMO we could beat Arsenal if we just clogged up the midfield. Wenger himself has complained about it when his team were shut down by it. I mean, apply physical force to the likes of Fabregas and he'll struggle. If a striker gets all up in Senderos' face, he starts making mistakes and is a weak point. Bring in Giannichedda in the middle.
wow... it's a good thinking. it's better if Nedved use his wonderful shot to get score outside penalty area. I think Lehmann will surprised if he received a shot from Nedved....

Apr 12, 2004
Dude Capello knows what he is doing, Juve with Capello are better than the bestest team ever ever ever like the madrid team in Real, they are the great, especially with like the luxemburg!

They are sooooo de good, Juve just need a good bit of de cock and they get serie a,b and c in the bag, get 3rd and 4th star.

cappo

Apr 1, 2006
I think it's hard for juve to lead more than 2 goals againts arsenal. juve can make more than 2 goals but they can't prevent arsenal making goals. arsenal has henry who is a wonderful striker. but I suggest juve win the battle.

NFL16

Nov 28, 2005
what if we did this against arsenal
Buffon
Cannavaro
Emerson

Zala Trez Zlatan Mutu DP Nedved Zam Balza

These tactics worked for my futsal team the other day, just leave defensive up to the keeper(+cannavaro for bigger field) :D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Andy said:
I just wish Arsenal fans would not sit here and try to lecture us on what is wrong with our side. We already know what's fucking wrong with our side and yes it primarly has to do with Capello. Its not because Arsenal players are "technically superior," its not because we have struggled against English sides of late because Arsenal isnt even a true English side, its not because Wenger is the best coach in the world and its not because our squad is not good enough...our squad is better than yours. The problem is Capello and the way he instructs our side to play, so stop defending him and making it obvious you're trying to overrate your success.
again i agree about arsenal.

but i have to disagree about pinning all of our problems on capello...fact is, that this is a team. i agree that cap takes part of the blame since he is the head coach and should take part of that responsibility.

But the players are not showing the enthuisiam the passion for the team.Sadly i didnt see that much this year. Its a real shame cuz this is one of the things that define this team.
only some players have shown this passion for the team, many r only concerned about themselves.

i hope the team would find itself in the arsenal game.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
NFL16 said:
what if we did this against arsenal
Buffon
Cannavaro
Emerson

Zala Trez Zlatan Mutu DP Nedved Zam Balza

These tactics worked for my futsal team the other day, just leave defensive up to the keeper(+cannavaro for bigger field) :D

you play futsal? futsal is awesome, just not many people play it:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)