[CL] Juventus vs Arsenal (20 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Hey, what if the unthinkable happens and we win 3-0?
How would you celebrate?
Would you come visit me in the mental institution? :)

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
im not that optimistic, but i still hold on to:

milan 3-0 liverpool
end of match liverpool win

bayern 1-1 milan 1st leg
milan 4-1 bayern 2nd leg

and so on... so i feel if juve score an early goal, they have a chance, only problem if arsenal score a goal in torino.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Let me see if i get this straight, we have not kept a clean sheet in Cl for most the whole season save for the rapid at Bruges at home but somehow we are gonna put 3 past Arsenal without reply.
Okay going further, with a fully fit and everyone present we only managed to beat Werder with a flukish goal but with Vieira, Camoranesi and most likely Dp out , somehow we are going to beat Arsenal by 3 clear goals.

Reality check, we have capello in charge or has that somehow slipped your memory. This is a guy who will gladly tell you that we played okay till Arsenal scored and apart from the 2 goals, we were their equal on the night. The frightening thing is that he means it as well.

I do not know how they are training but i have to tell you those guys look unfit to me and thats scary

We have to control the tempo of the game but alas we do not have the players to do so, who is gonna control against Arsenal, is it Thuram, is it Nedved, perhaps it will be Mutu or it could be Zlatan or will it be Emerson

No matter what sort of stupid formations we put on here, remember 1 thing , we do not have players that can stop the like sof Fabregas threading balls, we cannot for 90 minutes stop henry, Ljunberg Reyes and Pires going past our midfielders and forwards.
Everyone talks about capello the great tactician but what did Wenger do to him, he took him to school, he put Pires on Vieria which enabled Fabregas to run riot
The scariest pasr is that Hleb and Henry did not even have a particularly great night and of cos with Capello's stringent tactics they didnt need to .
Now they are calling for Dp but I will hate for Dp to be the 1 to save the bacon of the same guy who has treated him with the utmost contempt.
Personally anyone who still comes on here and praises Capello should be ignored as there is absolutely no need to have any form of conversation with that person.
Shame on the teams in serieA for making Capello look like a genius.
Our transfer policy aint too clever either
Another thing about Capello is that he never leaves a club in a healthy state, he is always for here and now never the future of the club, i mean look at us, Thuram, Cannavaro, Dp, Nedved, Emerson, Vieria, where are the young talents to take over from these guys?
Our back 4 against Arsenal cost £71m and their cost next to nothing as lehmann cost 750,000 and the rest were virtually free and we could do fvck all to them all night
The only way that we can make any sort of inroads is if Arsenal think that having a 2 goal lead is sufficient for them to not attack at all and thats dangerous, if they treat is as a 0-0 we are out no question , in other words the only team that can beat Arsenal is Arsenal but we have a major stumbling block and that is the manager of Juventus, he is terrible

Feb 28, 2006
Highbury is pretty small and very difficult to play. Only one or two touches they can make a chance. I believe, at delle alpi, we can set up our game, do more offside trap, and make it one goal in each half. I'm just looking for a shoot out. After that, it depends on luck.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
NEDVED said:
im not that optimistic, but i still hold on to:

milan 3-0 liverpool
end of match liverpool win

bayern 1-1 milan 1st leg
milan 4-1 bayern 2nd leg

and so on... so i feel if juve score an early goal, they have a chance, only problem if arsenal score a goal in torino.

and milan-depor 4-1 1st leg
depor-milan 4-0 2nd leg

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
giovanotti said:
and milan-depor 4-1 1st leg
depor-milan 4-0 2nd leg
Common denominator in thos e matches is Milan , anyone with who watches even an iota of games will tell you Milan can score as well as ship in goals and juventus are the exact opposite under Capello. Please be realistic how the hell are we gonna beat Arsenal to go thru with most of our big players missing. arsenal has not conceded in 6 games ffs in cl. We conceded 4 against werder bremen. I mean the likes of udinese and Lecce and Empoli have come to stadio del Alpi and in some cases with 10 men have played well against us and have taken the lead. 2-0 is not insurmountable but with capello in charge its impossible

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
denco said:
Common denominator in thos e matches is Milan , anyone with who watches even an iota of games will tell you Milan can score as well as ship in goals and juventus are the exact opposite under Capello. Please be realistic how the hell are we gonna beat Arsenal to go thru with most of our big players missing. arsenal has not conceded in 6 games ffs in cl. We conceded 4 against werder bremen. I mean the likes of udinese and Lecce and Empoli have come to stadio del Alpi and in some cases with 10 men have played well against us and have taken the lead. 2-0 is not insurmountable but with capello in charge its impossible
I know,but never say never!!!:)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
you're absolutely right about everything you say, denco, you make valid points.
except: you cannot predict the future 100%.
you have now pinpointed what is the likely outcome, but let the dreamers dream!

Juve to the semis!!

venom

Oct 22, 2003
denco said:
Reality check, we have capello in charge or has that somehow slipped your memory. This is a guy who will gladly tell you that we played okay till Arsenal scored and apart from the 2 goals, we were their equal on the night. The frightening thing is that he means it as well.
Forget the luck-nonsense, there was something more alarming in those Capello's statements. After reading some of the comments I got the sole impression Juventus was in London to get 0-0 - it seemed he just didn't care what forwards did, it was just "unlucky"/disappointing Juventus conceded couple of goals. That's an attitude which gets you nowhere at this stage of UCL.

I do not know how they are training but i have to tell you those guys look unfit to me and thats scary
I hoped the team would have gotten past this slump. The slump in form which was easy to expect when you take a look at Capello's record. Also I'd like to hear they actually do train some attacking patterns, which I doubt.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
@ denco

I've actually read the whole post now and I think you're way too critical of Capello in labeling him a terrible coach.
I agree: It was a terrible match by the tactician, who didn't exactly live up to that title at all on Tuesday night, but we're winning the Scudetto, aren't we?

You can never be too sure, of course, but it will be a likely outcome this season, and winning the Italian championship is something I value very much.
So Forza Capello and Juve, you will get my unlimited support for the return leg, in which you have a great opportunity to make up for game 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)