[CL] Juventus - Real Madrid (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Luxemburgo: Defeat Hard To Take
3/10/2005 11:53:00 AM
Real Madrid coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo says his side’s extra time Champions League defeat to Juventus is difficult to swallow.
"It’s hard to accept a defeat like this,” he said. “I’ve already spoken to my players and they are all extremely sad. Juve are very strong but we could have scored and qualified tonight.

"Now, however, we can only accept the result of the match, think about what we did wrong and focus on the domestic league. I was forced to take off Zidane because he wasn’t fully fit before the game.

"Because the match was so intense and tiring, it really took it out of him."

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

yeah me too, what a tension was here home last night, i was soo fvcking scared and sweating all the time...
Same here
man i was shaking all the time
i was so nervous that i didnt stop squizing my scarf:D

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
I am extremely happy, what more can you say? Just amazing. My faith isn't my best sides as I posted "**** this. We're screwed" during the half-time but luckily my pessimistic thoughts did not happen. A great game from Juve.

On the other hand I have mixed feelings about last night's game. I'm afraid Del Piero is in the trouble of his life right now. Capello may very well drop him to be our 4th striker behind returning Trez, magical Zlatan and super-sub Zalayeta. It makes me sad, because DP has been such an idol to me since I was just a little boy. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't terrible last night but he was just way too invisible and not good enough considering what the other strikers did.

I'm so happy for the win but I'm so sad for Del Piero...I truly hope he gets more chances but I'm 100% sure DP will not be in the starting line-up next weekend and perhaps Capello won't even sub him in...

Great yet so sad game.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
What an incredibely nerve-wrecking game.. We made it though, amazing game!

My ratings:

Buffon: Solid and did not concede, didn't make that much of an impression on me as he looked a little nervous at times.
Thuram/Cannavaro : Simply Impregnable. Where were Ronaldo, Raul, Owen and Figo??
Zebina : Good match, very lively and active. Made some very good interceptions. Unjusftully critisized on this forum.
Zambrotta : Not his best match, but still very stable and he woke up in the second half
Emerson : Kind of the defensive midfield. He had the a pure defensive role opposed to the first leg, but he really excelled in this role. Good passing as well.
Pessotto : Though normally a flank player or a fullback, he had more of a central midfielder role, who drifts to the side. Some good combinations with Del Piero and Zambrotta. Plus, he completely nullified Beckham!
Camoranesi : Who is this player? My absolute man of the match, he was amazingly lively, hardworking, everywhere on the pitch, great passing and crossing, easy and swift dribbling, playmaking and good decision making. Most of our attack were through him.
Dare I say he was as good or even better than an in-form season 02/03 Nedved?
Tacchinardi : Did well in his destroyer role when he came in do protect the lead, got himself a stupid card and than got himself send of though. Which ofcourse down his grade, It would've been a lot better if he hadn't been sent of.
Del Piero: Did well and looked threatening. Some good play, was surprised and a little angry at why he was subsituted so early. Capello's subs packed out well though. The eternal question can be raised then, how good would Del Piero have done; had he stayed on?
Zalayeta: Zalayeta does it again, zalayeta the saviour! Wasn't that involved at the start but looked threatening through the match and did his best. And the goal ofcourse..
Why was(is) is this guy mainly a bench player?
Ibrahimovic : Started out decent, but not greatly. Good ball skills, combined with his long legs and strength. Needs to work on his decisions though and shooting. He looked a lot better after he was Playing out wide on the left. Plus he provided a good assist.
Trezeguet: Was a little invisible at the start, but he did his very best and some SMART moves. Amazing goal as well ofcourse! I tend to critisize him often, but bravo Trezeguet!

Capello:
I disagreed with the early DP sub, but it turned out fine. Capello's gameplan was perfect and exactly as it should have been. Amazing.

Any comments?

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Guys have you noticed something:

1- The first goal last night was VERY SIMILAR to the goal trezeguet scored 2 years ago to open up the match against Real. A cross from the right (Not sure who crossed it) and before it goes out as a goal kick Del Piero turns it with his head to Trezeguet who Vollys it into the goal. This time its the same thing but Zlatan rather than Alex.

2- The second goal which was the Knockout by Zalayata was a shot that went to the right side of Casillas. Two years ago the knock out that came from nedved (which was the 3rd goal) was a shot that went to the right side of Casillas.

Weird ... :D:cool::D

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
I noticed that people always defend del piero ! it's certain that delpiero did well for the last weeks and he did well on the first half too but the sub from cappelo was genuis because IMO he noticed that we need some big shapes above the net and trezegol has a good heading so he's done it but with his foot this time ! and this is a real boost for him !

PS : ( joke)
raul gonzalez says : " we'll beat juvé " and trezegol responds : " Ooops, I did it again " !

forza juvé

PeeMaN

Apr 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
1- The first goal last night was VERY SIMILAR to the goal trezeguet scored 2 years ago to open up the match against Real. A cross from the right (Not sure who crossed it) and before it goes out as a goal kick Del Piero turns it with his head to Trezeguet who Vollys it into the goal. This time its the same thing but Zlatan rather than Alex.
Totally! I got the deja vu feeling right away!!

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

But you cannot deny that he was a true fighter yesterday. He was good at regaining ball possession, he helped Camoranesi a lot but he did some mistakes and gave the ball away. IMO he will only get better
Agree, he was OK yesterday but he waste some passes and he had to work more on his tackling he only know how to kick an opponent without letting the reffere see him....

Webber

Feb 27, 2005

2- The second goal which was the Knockout by Zalayata was a shot that went to the right side of Casillas. Two years ago the knock out that came from nedved (which was the 3rd goal) was a shot that went to the right side of Casillas.

Weird ... :D:cool::D [/QUOTE

1. Nedved crossed Del Pierol.
2. True, very weird

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++

u seem like a hypocrete teacher

zebina = del piero last night !!! u must be kidding me

thuram 6.5 !!,, emerson 6.5!!!!!!
zala 6.5

that's the lamest rating ever
At least, and if somone played slightly better it is DP for sure....
and what is wrong with the others???

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

yeah he is guite slow and bad in passing most of the time
but we need him as a sub
I have promised not to critisize a Juvintino for a while....
But anyway this is true, his passing, tackling nad his horrible cross needs to work on if he gonna be a starter...

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

Weird ... :D:cool::D
I thought that even before the goal. as the cross came.. it was really similar, my brother sayed that too..

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by simolatrottola ] ++
ok, I could do so u told, or I could wait for a friend of mine who's puttin' them on his url... see u later, shoud I put them her or in the multimedia section?
I think it would be OK to post them here. :) I think more people will see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)