CL: Juventus - Real Madrid (21 Viewers)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
You cannot possibly compare Morientes and Trez with DP? The first 2 wait for the balls, while the last should create and be active in supplying the balls to the likes of Mori and Trez :undecide:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
-Fantasista- DP was awful last night as he has been on many occassions this season. The only coverup being that he scores and that deflects from the fact that he's been loosing the ball way too easily, can't complete passes, no psyche, no hunger ......... Maybe we should keep him on the bench for a while but then again the thought of Zalayeta & Di Vaio :wallbang: is not so pleasant.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
My review:

I am very proud of Juve, because we were equal to Real! I thought we would loose´4-0 because of the suspension! But with ´Trezez goal, we have a good view for the final! I think we can still go to Old Trafford!
Great tactics by Lippi, and Camoranesi impressed me at the end in the middle! We should try out Camo-Davids in the centre-mid! Would be interesting!
Thuram, Ferrara, Zambrotta, Buffon played great! Thought that Neddy could have done better!
All in all, I think we a bit of luck, Thuram-Montero in centre-def, Davids and Tacchi back and a great croud, we can go to OLD TRAFFORD and play against on of the Milanis!

Bye for now!
Forza Bianconeri!!!!!

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
We could have scored more goals in the second half but we don't have player for this job! I mean DP was VERY BAD and Treze did everything he could but it was not enough.
Nedved was injured, as CNN says, and that is why he was subtituted in the second half. I think if we loos next week then he will be operated otherwise after the final on 28 may.

Let me make some suggetions:
First of all Di Vaio wants to go to Lazio and Kluivert is really keen to come to Juve and he is very good, I am telling you. So lets buy Kluiver and let DV go, he is not good enough for Juve

Second, I think it's time to sale Del Piero and give other player the chance to play in his place. Del Piero and Nedved want to play on the left side, so we have two player for one position.
lets buy Totti and sale DP?!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
DP was bad last night. I mean not because he was worse than Iuliano or Camo or Conte but because more is expected of him. Last night's game was the most important so far this year and an "ok" performance won't do (even if his was less than ok), he has to shine on these occasions and decide a game that needs to be won IMO. That time Zambro went past a couple of players and the ball went to Trez who was troubled to control it, Alex finally got it with one man ahead of him. He only managed a very bad shot. He should have scored there, that's what players of his fame/reputation do. If it was Raul, he would have done better.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Zambrotta - the 1st half was soso, but the 2nd was great and I hope you all caught that ball-stealing from Guti :eek: :star: :kiss:
That one was as decisive as they come, incredible it was! :eek: I was glad Guti didn't dive and stir controversy. Good boy Guti :thumb:

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Denco, I think you're being a bit too harsh on DP. He's not at his best, no doubt about that, and he's not near as fast as he was at the beginning of this season, but to me he contributed more than Trez did, and for Real, Morientes. You may be able to make a more accurate statement than I because you watch so many more Serie A games than I do, but Del Piero definetely played better yesterday than he did against Barca.
omg, then he must have played very bad against Barca.it's one of the worst perfomance by him yesterday. the only good thing he did was his deflected shot which was taken care by trezegol.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
i was saying here in this forum from the bigening that zamby is a player we must not loose and he is big element of juve team in both flanks , camo is a kind of one season wonder player add his selfishness ,,

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Ratings:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 6.5, Ferrara 7, Iuliano 5, Pessotto 6, Birindelli 5.5, Zambrotta 6.5, Conte 6.5, Tudor 6.5, Camoranesi sv, Nedved 6, Di Vaio sv, Del Piero 5, Trezeguet 6.5.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 7, Thuram 7, Ferrara 7, Iuliano 5, Pessotto 6.5, Birindelli 5.5, Zambrotta 7, Conte 7.5, Tudor 6, Camoranesi
sv, Nedved 5.5, Di Vaio sv, Del Piero 6, Trezeguet 6.5.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6.5, Ferrara 6, Iuliano 6.5, Pessotto 5.5, Birindelli 5.5, Zambrotta 6.5, Conte 6.5, Tudor 6.5, Camoranesi sv, Nedved 5, Di Vaio sv, Del Piero 7, Trezeguet 6.5.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 7, Ferrara 7, Iuliano 6, Pessotto 6,
Birindelli 6, Zambrotta 7, Conte 6.5, Tudor 6.5, Camoranesi 5, Nedved 6, Di
Vaio sv, Del Piero 6, Trezeguet 6.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6.5, Ferrara 6, Iuliano 5, Pessotto 6, Birindelli 5.5, Zambrotta 6, Conte 6, Tudor 7, Camoranesi 5,
Nedved 5.5, Di Vaio sv, Del Piero 5.5, Trezeguet 6.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 7, Thuram 7.5, Ferrara 6.5, Iuliano 5.5,
Pessotto 6, Birindelli 5, Zambrotta 6.5, Conte 5.5, Tudor 7, Camoranesi sv,
Nedved 5.5, Di Vaio sv, Del Piero 6, Trezeguet 6.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Almost every thing has been discussed...
What I noticed is that Real totaly dominated the mieldfield and Figo and ZZ did exately what they wanted to and this may be also cause one the most important player of the squad, Davids, was banned, I don't know if with him and Tacchi the 2 guys could dance indisturbed in the field like this. The good thing is that they didn't had luck with theyr schoots from outside the box so most of their dribbling took to nothing. An other lucky thing was the absence of Raul and the early exit of Ronaldo, cause with them both instead of crappy Morientes I don't know what it could happen.

I'm agree about what have been said about Camoranesi, he was always in the ground, I have no explanation about his awful prestation, somebody said it may be the schoos... anycase... what happened to him??? Nedved didn't overperform like usual, IMO is normal, he need a breake. Del Piero performed like he is doing lately, the difference is that he didn't score... we are too use to overrate him when he scores and undarrate him when he don't. Treze was luky in the goal occasion, he is not in good condition, and he had such a bad season, but his presence is always important.
The defence did well, especially Thuram and Zambrotta. Ferrara and Pessotto sufficient and from Juliano I never expect anything good so... what to say... Montero will be back 4 match in Turin but Ciro will be banned so danmly he may be in the field again :(

2-1 is a good result overall, it could go worst, especially 4 the occasion Morientes wasted and 4 the amazing freekick Buffon saved to Roberto Carlos.

4 the match in Turin Davids and Tacchi will be back and this is essencial to stop Figo and ZZ, Ronaldo will be not revered but probably Raul will. It won't be easy but we can make it :)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
DP was bad last night. I mean not because he was worse than Iuliano or Camo or Conte but because more is expected of him. Last night's game was the most important so far this year and an "ok" performance won't do (even if his was less than ok), he has to shine on these occasions and decide a game that needs to be won IMO. That time Zambro went past a couple of players and the ball went to Trez who was troubled to control it, Alex finally got it with one man ahead of him. He only managed a very bad shot. He should have scored there, that's what players of his fame/reputation do. If it was Raul, he would have done better.
Yeah:eek: That has got to be the BEST move of the match ever!!! But what a weak finish :wallbang:

Ps: Guys, don't get too over-excited. Remember the match at old trafford, we lost 2-1 with our reserves, and everyone was so hyped up. And in the return match we got thrashed :eek: I don't want history to repeat itself...

-S-

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Soccerage ratings:

05/06/2003. Buffon (8): The reputation of Italian keepers will rise even further after this Champions League as the former Parma netminder did more than his share to keep Juventus in this tie. Zidane and Figo will gladly testify to that.

Birindelli (6): Made to look the fool on more than a couple of occassions by Figo. Not many in the world could have kept up with Figo in that mood, however. He also gets marks docked due to his failure to make Nedved's life easier by providing a good option out wide.

Thuram (7.5) The muscular Frenchman is a big reason why Juventus are still very much in the tie as he delivered a typically astute performance when many around him seemed over-awed. Surely one of the world's top-three right-backs.

Ferrara (6.5): Neither Ferrara nor Iuliano will have won any new fans after their respective performances but Juve's supporters will realize that they did remarkably well in light of Real's unparalleled attacking ability. Who knows what their rating would be if Ronaldo hadn't been forced to pull out, however.

Iuliano (6.5): see above

Zambrotta (7.5): Impressive overall performance by the Italian international, who was asked to revert back to a slightly deeper vesion of what used to be his right-wing role.

Tudor (6.5): The barrel-chested Croatian was assigned a thankless role in the cente of midfield. Though he won't have made any highlight reels he did manage to make life difficult for Real's playmakers.

Conte (6): The former Italian international made himself usefull defensively but would have been expected to have done a more effective job of linking defense and attack.

Nedved (6.5): The Czech warrior will be counting the days until the return-leg as he lost his personal battle with Zidane by some measure. His performance was by no means a disaster but uncharacteristically he couldn't rise to the occassion when Juve needed a leader.

Del Piero (6): Similarly to Nedved, much more was expected of Del Piero today. His execution let him down on more than a couple of occassions and he rarely gave Real's defenders much grief.

Trezeguet (6.5): The French bomber had to feed on scaps today but showed that he is a natural born predator by being the quickest to pounce on a loose ball in the area which led to Juve's opener.

Substitutes

Pessotto (6.5): The ultra-reliable defender came on in place of Iuliano and did a considerably better job of containing Figo than Birindelli, who was moved to the right.

Camoranesi (6.5): The Argentinean-bred Italian international managed to keep Real honest with some penetrating runs, which, however, always resulted in him stumbling. Expect Juve to look a far better outfit with him starting the second-leg.

Di Vaio (n.r.)

-S-

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++

Yeah:eek: That has got to be the BEST move of the match ever!!! But what a weak finish :wallbang:

Ps: Guys, don't get too over-excited. Remember the match at old trafford, we lost 2-1 with our reserves, and everyone was so hyped up. And in the return match we got thrashed :eek: I don't want history to repeat itself...

-S-
Well than you overrate ManU! Back then, we scored 3 owngoals!!! 3 very bad mistakes in one match! And we controled that match, and even had some great chances! This won't happend this time! Not in a CL Semi!!!!

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Ronaldo out of Juve return Wednesday 7 May, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronaldo is unlikely to feature for Real Madrid in the second leg of the Champions’ League semi-final against Juventus.

The Brazilian was substituted in last night’s 2-1 win over the Italians because of a calf strain which will rule him out of the return.

"We’re 90 per cent sure that Ronaldo won’t be fit for the second game," said Real doctor Alfonso Del Corral on Wednesday.

It was feared that the former Barcelona ace had sustained a knee injury but that was immediately ruled out by the Spanish outfit.

Ronaldo, who scored the first goal at the Bernabeu last night, hasn’t returned to Italy since his controversial exit from Inter last summer.

He missed both away games against Roma and Milan in earlier Champions’ League fixtures this term.

Ronaldo is set to be out of action for the next seven to ten days which will see him miss the May 14 clash at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

Meanwhile, Juventus veteran Antonio Conte is confident that the Bianconeri can overturn the first leg defeat to qualify for the final.

"We already did it in 1996 when we beat them 2-0 in Turin," said the midfielder. "Real were red hot favourites against us on Tuesday but we showed how good we are.

"That’s why I am hopeful with regard to the next game where we have a great chance to reach the Old Trafford final."

This must be a good piece of news.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
We complertely sucked last night, and we were damn lucky not to be beaten 3, 4,or 5 to 1.

Where was our attack ?? DP and Nedved were the invisible men last night, and Trez showed up just long enough to score a goal, and then left the stadium !!!

Does anyone on this forum ACTUALLY BELIEVE that Real WON'T score a goal in Turin ????? If you say yes, then your damn crazy !!!! THEY WILL SCORE !!!!!!!

Throughout the whole game, we gave them PLENTY of room, while they gave us NONE !!! We looked like a below average Serie C team playing against Real. WE SUCKED !!!!! WE CAN'T WIN IF WE DON'T ATTACK !!!!!!

Why didn't Camo start ??? Birindelli vs. Figo ??? What was Lippi thinking ?????

The ref made a bad call on their second goal. Someone define "passive offsides" It seems pretty arbitrary to me.

We were out-classed last night, and I expect a worse beating given by Real in Turin next week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)