0-0 aggregate
1-0 juve goes through
0-1 madrid goes through
1-1 madrid goes through
2-1 juve goes through

i think we HAVE to win to go through unless its a 0-0 draw

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
But the game is quite dissapointed, if we can take the opportunity with Ronaldo's pulled out and Raul's absence, I wished we could do something. But I guessed i was wrong, Real is still tough with or without Ronaldo or Raul, Roberto Carlos was sooo great as a defender ;) it's kinda strange he didn't play offensive on that match.
Buffon was great as ussual, Nedved seemed useless, don't know why.:undecide: plus I don't really like the ref desicions, 5 cards for Juve and 2 players missed next match; Iuliano+Ferrara :down:
Well, hopefully a goal from Trez at Bernabeu can help us in the 2nd leg...who knows...:angel:

FORZA JUVE

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Fabiana with 2-1 Juve doesn`t go through, it goes to ET ;)

Overall, deserved win for Real, especially on the back of the first half. Juve played better in the 2nd half, but were punished in their best moment. The old rule of, 'a chance missed, is a goal conceded' applied once again, as 2 minutes before R. Carlos goal, Del Piero missed a good chance

We did not make the same mistakes Utd made in defence, and that gave us a very well organized rear guard. Thuram in the middle is great, and because of suspensions, most probably we shall have Thuram-Montero as central defensive duo.

To anyone who criticizes Buffon and always expects more from him, tonight's match proved his worth. Him and Zambrotta were definitely Juve's best players, with the latter dribbling past Madrid players in the second half, as if they were training poles.

I think Juve were too scared in the first half, cos when they scored the equalizer, they got their confidence back, and started attacking much more, and worrying Real's defence. If it wasn't for Del Piero's poor finishing, we would have been one up.

Now it will all decided in the return leg, and with Davids, Tacchinardi and Montero all back, we have a good chance of making it. Ronaldo is probably out of the game, but Raul will most surely play.

Let's hope Del Piero and Trezeguet show their class, otherwise it will be difficult to score. We mustn't over expose ourselves, cos Real's counter attacks will be deadly, but without Ronaldo, they will lose speed upfront.

Real were controlled by Zidane, and he was the man of the match. Always elegent and full of class in his touches. Luckily in the 2nd leg, Davids will be all over him, and knowing Zidane, he might get emotional going back to his ex-stadium.

We can do it, and I'm quite confident, Go Juve!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++
I'm a little bit confused - what sort of scoreline do we need to go through? (Aside from the 1-0 :))
either a 1-0 win or victory by two or more goals will take us through. only a 2-1 win gets us to extra time, and any result like 3-2, 4-3 and Real is through. Need;less to say if we don't win the game real are through.

1-0
2-0
3-0
3-1
4-0
4-1
4-2

etc is what we need

juv_10

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Nedved not very effective and was totally outclassed by zz

Dp is he still a world class performer, 97/98 he was rubbing shoulders with Zz and Ronaldo as the best players on the planet, now he is just shocking, no speed, no power in shots, I am just totally bemused
I agree with you what happened to DP he was just an awful

If he keep playing like that with Nedved we never ganna do it

Dp oh what can I say he realy disappointed me :down:

slow, weak shots, no dribble :fero: Iam just shocked :frown:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
But the game is quite dissapointed, if we can take the opportunity with Ronaldo's pulled out and Raul's absence, I wished we could do something. But I guessed i was wrong, Real is still tough with or without Ronaldo or Raul, Roberto Carlos was sooo great as a defender ;) it's kinda strange he didn't play offensive on that match.
Buffon was great as ussual, Nedved seemed useless, don't know why.:undecide: plus I don't really like the ref desicions, 5 cards for Juve and 2 players missed next match; Iuliano+Ferrara :down:
Well, hopefully a goal from Trez at Bernabeu can help us in the 2nd leg...who knows...:angel:

FORZA JUVE
Juve played a well organized game in general .
Zambrotta was the man of the match with buffon
Dlepiaro was shit , nedved and trez were ok
The goal should be disallowed for offside.

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Del Piero and Nedved didn't play too bad actually, but, I'm expecting better of them.

Zambrotta was simply excellent!!! :thumb: D'you think he might play the same position next week?

-S-

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
:D

Actually I was dissapointed with Biri's pulled out, he was quite good to covered Luis Figo :)
Even if he wouldn't cover him the man shows off way too much and over-dribbles every ball, so that in the end it never goes where it's supposed to go --> in the goal, not that I'm complaining :howler: :D

We did a good job and with some great chances that we missed could return home as winners or at least take a draw. But nevermind, what happend happened, the fact is that the result is catchable :cheesy: We can get them at home!

The first half was not soo good, I think we were a bit nervous and were concentrated on Madrid and their game too much instead of focusing on our play and not only stop them but push them on their half. 2nd half was better and the goal we got was not deserved since we played better :stuckup: 4 Real players were off-side though, but the ref, surprize surprize (he was biased with RM IMVHO althroughout the game) :rolleyes: , decided that it was a passive-off-side :fero:

The best juventini out there yesterday were IMO:
Zambrotta - the 1st half was soso, but the 2nd was great and I hope you all caught that ball-stealing from Guti :eek: :star: :kiss:
Birindelli - great job on Figo in the 1st half :cool:
Thuram: classy as always
Ferarra: made some great tackles in the PB, all were clean :star:

The worst, by far were Camoranesi (he seems to me like this smilie --> :wallbang: <-- the more ferociously he tries to go on with the ball, the quicker he loses it), DP and not to mention Iuliano :groan: The attack was not working, not surprizingly, since our midfield let them ball-starving. They do know how to defend though, Tudor was wonderful and Conte too, although he ain't the youngest anymore :angel:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

Dp is he still a world class performer, 97/98 he was rubbing shoulders with Zz and Ronaldo as the best players on the planet, now he is just shocking, no speed, no power in shots, I am just totally bemused
Denco, I think you're being a bit too harsh on DP. He's not at his best, no doubt about that, and he's not near as fast as he was at the beginning of this season, but to me he contributed more than Trez did, and for Real, Morientes. You may be able to make a more accurate statement than I because you watch so many more Serie A games than I do, but Del Piero definetely played better yesterday than he did against Barca.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)