CL: Juventus - Real Madrid (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
If they were blocking the view that changes the situation, I didn't see that from the footage that was shown. Otherwise the goal should have been given.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
But even if it was not, how could he suddenly get super vision when he stood behind 20 players and overruled the linseman, when he didnt even se when zidane dived, thuram allready was 4 meters behind him to take the throw in :)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
OFFSIDE OFFSIDE OFFSIDE OFFSIDE OFFSIDE OFFSIDE OFFSIDE OFFSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

god damn norweigan ref................ :groan:

Great to see Trezeguet scoring, and what an important goal to score!

Zambrotta was great... probably the man of the match.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
If they were blocking the view that changes the situation, I didn't see that from the footage that was shown. Otherwise the goal should have been given.
well I'll have to see it again too, but importantly the linesman flagged and flagged straight away only to be overruled!

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
When we see it in slow, 30% of us wil say it was correct, but in the game 99% would say it was offside. Damn i just can figure out how he made that decesion so fast, without seeing the hole situation from the view the linseman saw it, who waved the flag for offside

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
No matter what he did in the situation, it doesn't change the point that the ruling was correct (assuming there was noone blocking Gigi's view) so what's the point of arguing over his ability to make a call if the result is correct?

And how on Earth can we complain about the ref after Barcelona???

SupJuve

Jul 12, 2002
it was offside! 4 players were around buffon when carlos shot the ball.

zambrotta and thuram was great but camo, pessotto and nedved sucked. i'm very disappointed with nedved. i was excepting much from him versus zidane. i hope he plays well in the second match.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
well, say if it was just one player, it would have been a harsh offside, but to have 4 players in offside positions you are just asking for the flag to be put up (and it was!). Whats the point of defenders pushing out to catch a guy offside if they do that to perfection and yet still the goal stands?

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Overall i think that was a brilliant Juve performance....the best football i've seen them play for a long time and i think most of the play came from Zambrotta and Thuram they were amazing and so was Buffon. Nedved played bad and Lippi was right to take him off because was wasn't playing good and was only one yellow from a suspention. Delpiero was very poor im expecting more from him the next time! Trezuguet was also very good, used his imagination to make some good movments with the ball.
Camoranasi was simply pathetic....all though just last year he was playing in seri B and now for Juve in a CL semi-final.
We proved to Madrid on 1 or 2 occasions that we too can pull off some amazing football, on some occasions you could say we might of been lucky but watta bought the Roberto C goal!!!!!
with Davids, Tachi and montero back a full Deli ALPI and only 1 point from Scuddetto i strongly belive we will be in the final and maybe go on and win it!

Forza Juve!!!

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
well , we had a good result against Real Madrid regarding scoring an away goal which will be very vital , & with the possibilty of Ronaldo & Raul won't playing we have a great chance to go thru to the final as we need only 1-0 to overcome the spanish side. So , a win against Perugia is very importent for the mentality of our players before the importent match against Madrid , cause wraping the scudetto before 2 weeks is vital , cause the players will enter the pitch on wednesday boosted by winning the 27th scudetto , & also we must'nt underastimate Perugia cause we have bad memories against them in such a crucial match like the one that will be played on Saturday.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++
I agree. There is definitely the chance to move on, I just hope they don't think they can win a match 1-0 or anything. Real Madrid will score, so I think Juventus will need to get at least 2 goals next week. Raul will most likely be back, and Ronaldo's injury was probably a minor one. Another huge test for the defence, which was once again fairly disappointing today.
From what I have heard, Raul won't be fully fit for next week's clash, and may not start, while Ronaldo is also a doubt for the second leg game.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
To all of you guys that said Del Piero was poor: I definetely beg to differ. To me DP moved well off and on the ball, and he didn't give away the ball near as much as he did against Barca. And for you people that say he missed alot of chances, you must have watched a different game to me, because the only miss chances from Alex that I saw was a glancing header that went just wide (DP is shorter than both Hierro and Helguera so I think he did well to just meet the ball) and a volley from outside the box that would have been difficult for anyone to score. If I was to rate DP's performance out of 10, then I would give him at least a 6.

BTW, our best players IMO were Zambrotta (MOTM), Thuram and Buffon :thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
To all of you guys that said Del Piero was poor: I definetely beg to differ. To me DP moved well off and on the ball, and he didn't give away the ball near as much as he did against Barca. And for you people that say he missed alot of chances, you must have watched a different game to me, because the only miss chances from Alex that I saw was a glancing header that went just wide (DP is shorter than both Hierro and Helguera so I think he did well to just meet the ball) and a volley from outside the box that would have been difficult for anyone to score. If I was to rate DP's performance out of 10, then I would give him at least a 6.

BTW, our best players IMO were Zambrotta (MOTM), Thuram and Buffon :thumb:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I saw a brave juve today...

When the match started, they were flkay, and madrid was with the possetin of the ball. Juve , like always, were giving unpricise passes and loosing balls so easily, in the other hand madrid was doing a good game, complitating the juve defense.
At the beggining of the game, zidane aimed, and then he shooted a wonderfull shot, but buffon was waiting for that, and in a marvelus fliying, he stopped zidane´s attempt. (wow it was so close).
Juve did goos tacles, but a lot of stupid tackles too, and that caused the yellow on iuliano. birindelli did a very hard tackle too.

Well the first goal came when a juve defender (i dont remember who) tried to tackle the ball from morientes, ok he succeded, but unluckily , ronaldo was entering to the buffon´s goal and he finded the ball. He did a good shot and scored, leaving buff hopeless.

After that, the game stayed equal, a juve that was not attacking very well, but doing a good job at the defense.
When the first half was almost ended, delpiero shooted a volley, the ball was deviated in a madrid defender and fell in trezeguet´s foot, leaving casillas in an xtrange white color. A bit lucky too. Then he scored.

In the second half, del boske did a change....ronaldo out, portillo in. I dont know why, but in that moment, juve take the initiative and went to attack. Were more or less 20 minutes of a juve´s assault. Madrid was hopeless against the bianconeri´s assault. Zambrotta, who was very bad at the first time, increased a lot, and in one play, he tricked 3 madrid defenders , then passing to trezeguiet, then to delpiero who missed a good oportunity.

Just an extra comment: The Latin espn comentators are with madrid, but they dont like to recognize that, and in the other hand hates juve. But whenjuve was attacking without mercy they said something that was true....: "This is for all the people who said that juve always plays with catenaccio, look what is happening, they are attacking madrid at bernabeu´s, the people is in silent, and, this prove that juve not rached the semis just by defending, like the other two italian teams."

When juve was near the second, the merengues scored. After a corner, the ball fell in r carlos foot, he aimed, and shooted a powerfull strike leaving buffon without hopes. Here comes the bad thing. When the ball touched the net, instantly, the linesman showed the flag. The referee saw the action, but ignored the linesman judging. 3 Players of real madrid were offside, and if by some circunstances they weren´t, the main referree must have aproved the offside, because the linesman was giving the order. But he simply ignored that.

Now the game was 2-1, and the juve attack ended. After tudor and nedved were out, the game was like the start: madrid with the ball and juve defending, but this time more balanced.
After 3 minutes of injury time, the game ended 2-1 for the merengues.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buffon: a good match for him, saving juve for a big loss, and very confident in the crosses.

Iuliano: he did normal, at least without mistakes.
Birindelli: A normal game for him, nothing oput of the ordinary, but like iuliano, did very stupid tackles too.
Ferrara: Good defending, but sadly he will not be in the next game because of a yellow card.
Thuram: Very good game, good at attacking and defending.
Zambrotta:IN the first half was really a mess, losing balls and doing nothing, but he transformed totally in the second half, attacking , defending, and dribbling
Conte: Normal game.
Pessoto: He did a good job after iuliano change.
Tudor: Well he tried his best to stop zidane, but the midfield maestro was unstopable.
Nedved: Not his best game, but he did normal. not so good, not so bad.
delpiero: Well, only the good volley that ended in treze´s foot, nothing more.
trezguet: The goal, and a good pas for delpiero, but both missed a lot of chances.
Camoranesi: He did nothing, and he did a lot of stupid dives, especially the first one. He gaind some fauls, but ended in nothing after all. He was the worst.
Divaio: A normal game for him, he dont have a clerly chance like delpiero and treze, but he tried at last.

IN conclution: Juve showed pride to fight bavery against madrid. We deserved a second goal, and not an offside enemy goal.
The referre was a little with madrid.
But the performance of juve gained the respect of the madrid fans who were seeing thegame with me.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Iuliano: he did normal, at least without mistakes.
He brought Figo down, the ball wen to Ronaldo who scored the 1st goal. Without Iuliano's clumsy tackle (a clear free kick had Ron not scored), the goal would be avoided.

If only we could clone Ferrara..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well thats tre,,,i was not sure who was the one who taclked the ball to ronaldo...it seemed that was iuliano,,so he did a mistake after all.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
And about Real's second goal - Yes there was controversy surrounding it as the assistant referee had his flag up and three Madrid players were clearly offside, but the Merengues fans can definetely argue the fact that the players offside were not interferring with play, and I am sure that if one of our players had scored in a similar situation we would have said the same. However, I do believe that the offside rule should be changed. Interferring with play or not, if you're in an offside position then play should be stopped and a free kick should be awared to the opposing team. IMO if the rule was like this there would be no controversy concerning whether or not someone if interferring with play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)