CL: Juventus - Real Madrid (90 Viewers)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
I hate to say this, but Camo sucked tonight. :(

Juve played better in the second half, with more chances and more shots :)

And lastly, we could've gotten at least a draw :(

And we were robbed off of a corner too:(

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
All of Juventus' yellow cards where clearly warranted. The passive offside has to do with the ball, not the players. Crap rule, correct call.

I'm pissed off about it too, but no referees are against Juve.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
we were robbed off a corner and a goal that was clearly offside, various madrid yellow cards that werent given
del piero missed many chances and yes the score should have been 2-2

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++
I hate to say this, but Camo sucked tonight. :(
Seemed like he had the wrong cleats on or something. I know the pitch was drenched, but he must have slipped about 5 times in the few minutes he played.

VIVI

Jan 26, 2003
I was watching the game live just now, and I was so angry , the stupid idiot ref made us lose the game, the linesmen already flagged up, and the idiot ref still let the game to go on....
We should at least get the draw.......Damn ref....

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
The goal was good, no gripes about it from me. 2-1 is Ok, not bad, not good. We played worse when Lippi subbed Tudor for Camoranesi and then proceded to play him in centre midfield where he didn't do a thing right!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Man I'm proud today!!!! We played on equal terms with Real, I haven't seen anyone do that all year. What annoys me is that had we been more efficient we could have secured a draw or even a win. Trez clearly isn't in form but there is noone else. I liked the way we controlled the pace of the game, very slow buildup in the first half, close marking. In the 2nd we started a lot quicker, searched for another goal. And we definitely could have gotten it, with a little more quality. Had Del Piero been Raul, he might have decided it. Shame shame we didn't take control. After Real's goal our marking was poor and the defence was shaky. But all things considered, a truly majestic defensive performance from Lippi, I bet he had it planned for a long time. Honestly I hadn't expected anything but a draw, 2-1 is an awesome chance to progress but we have to be even more focused next time and certainly more efficient.

Oh and Zambrotta rules!

Davids, Tacchi and Montero back for return leg
Ferrara, Iuliano out
So happy Nedved didn't get carded today, he's just one away from a suspension too, very sloppy with all the yellows today but I feel Zamby's was uncalled for.

The midfield wasn't bad today IMO, very defensive minded of course. But Tacchi and Davids should be a clear improvement.

Forza JUVE!

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Offside or not offside. The referee could not see if there was offside or not, but the linseman could. And if u ask me, it was a VERY big decision he made in 1 sec by overruling the linseman.

Well i think that 5 yellow cards, 0 to madrid. And the goal and even when trez' shot whas deflected by Carlos, was bad decesions by the ref.

Zambo didnt deserve a yellow, and madrid should have got 1 or 2. And especially when Zidane films in juves box. It was so clearly that he should be nominated for an oscar!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Oh and the 2-1 goal is clearly a correct ruling. When you have 3 players in offside, that doesn't mean shit unless they're involved in the play. Had Buffon given a rebound and one of them scored, it would have been an offside call, otherwise no call.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
I agree. There is definitely the chance to move on, I just hope they don't think they can win a match 1-0 or anything. Real Madrid will score, so I think Juventus will need to get at least 2 goals next week. Raul will most likely be back, and Ronaldo's injury was probably a minor one. Another huge test for the defence, which was once again fairly disappointing today.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
Zambo didnt deserve a yellow, and madrid should have got 1 or 2. And especially when Zidane films in juves box. It was so clearly that he should be nominated for an oscar!
Yeah it should have been a yellow but I'm guessing the ref didn't see it well and just assumed both Thuram and Zizou were at fault. But what a blatant dive that was!!!!! :yuck:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Holden ] ++
I hate that Real Madrid. Motherfu........

...ckers :fero:

IMO that goal was offside, there were 4 players all close in on the goal, two f which obstructed the keepers view, I don't know the specific rules, ut to me thats an unfair advantage regardless of how good the shot is.

Trust carlos to get it right against US!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)