CL: Juventus - Real Madrid (83 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Holden ] ++
There is an element of truth to say they had their minds on the match on Tuesday but to lose 1-5?! That's not very professional.
Once you're down 3-1, things start shifting. I didn't watch the match but I suppose Real switched on the attack and Mallorca (sky-high on confidence) sat back and took every opportunity.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I wish I'd seen this game but as usual the bastards at sky put it on sky sports extra, hich they refuse to allow cable customers access too. All the premiership games are on Sky sports one but oh no, not the spanish games

:rolleyes:

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
i agree erik, that might be true, but now they're not in an easy situation... their first position in spain isn't safe at all, real sociedad is just one point behind them with still 6 matches still to go....

+ if u loose 5-1 you think about what was going wrong.... even if u're not fully concentrated 5-1 is a bit too high for a team like real....

IMO it could be a psychologial advantage for us...
it showed them that they're not unbeatable... maybe they are stepping on the field with a slight feeling of fear....

i guess lippi will play thuram, ferrara, iuliano and birindelli in defence....
midfield: camo, tudor, zambo + in attackig midfield nedved and del piero
i don't know if it's right to field trez... he isn't fit + i heard di vaio played better than him against lazio....

btw: today i watched the CL-celebrations of 96 on tv... it was gr8...
ALE ALE ALE ALE JUVEEE JUVEE!!!
i'm optimistic!!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by maxmc ] ++
ii guess lippi will play thuram, ferrara, iuliano and birindelli in defence....
midfield: camo, tudor, zambo + in attackig midfield nedved and del piero
i don't know if it's right to field trez... he isn't fit + i heard di vaio played better than him against lazio....
Read the posts :D A few posts back I just said that Lippi is oriented on this formation according to this morning's training:

Buffon
Thuram Tudor Ferrara Iuliano Pessotto
Zambrotta Tudor Nedved
Del Piero Trezeguet

Oh and Di Vaio did nothing against Lazio. Trezeguet was poorly assisted but I think he moved quite well, and if the linesmen had not raised his flag in the first half, he would have been through on goal after just 5 mins, and might have affected the whole game.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003

Have we signed Tudor's brother? :D
lol sorry I meant Conte not Tudor in the centre, but I`m so used to not seeing Conte play that my fingers automatically typed his name :D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
hehe yeah...but hopefully he`ll be back to his own self when he used to score important goals, or as last season, when we had our midfield injured and he (and ferrara - the oldies) returned and inspired the team to our 26th league.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Yeah, it was delayed coverage. I'm certain it was on SS 1.
delayed? well alright then cause I looked on there at about half 6 when it was meant to kick off and rugby was on :D

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
Conte may prove to be useful, we'll certainly need his expirience on Tuesday night and you can't question his comitment to the team.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juve must play like the way they played barca in noucamp , defence should be closed by 8 players with nedved and trez only in front :(

Square

Oct 6, 2002
pessoto thuram ferrara biri

camo tudor zamb

nedved

trez delpiero

yes, pessoto at right back. thuram needs to play in the centre. uiliano at the back is not reassuring.

tudor will need to throw his weight around and have an excellent work rate.

i had a dream last night it would be 1-1

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Each game has it's own story. Just because Real lost (actually got trashed) against Mallorca, doesn't mean that they will play in the same way against Juve. Seeing how they played terrible in the second, but played well in the first half can only mean that in the first half they played their normal game, while in the second half they decreased their acceleration so notto be too tired physically and mentally for Tuesday`s big game.

Anyway, just watched on Italian TV Juve's latest training report form this morning, and apparently Lippi seems orientated in playing like this:

Buffon
Thuram Tudor Ferrara Iuliano Pessotto
Zambrotta Tudor Nedved
Del Piero Trezeguet

So that means Camoranesi out of the game, at least initially. I think he could have used his technique pretty well on that right flank, but then again, Zambrotta is much more on form at the moment.
I don't know about you guys, but I like the look of this new 5-3-2 scheme for away CL games. The back 5 looks reasonably solid and Tudor's aim should be to mark either Zidane or Ronaldo out of the game and use his weight and height to advantage. Thuram could prove useful on the counter attack which so badly hurt Real yesterday, and if Neddy and DP use the ball correctly Real could be in for another shock. I was personally looking forward to seeing Camoranesi, but it seems that Zambrotta is the fitter player and is enjoying a good period of form, and he can help out defensively so playing him instead of Camo is probably a good move. IMO if we can contain and frustrate Real, and hustle them off the ball, then we should be able to get the better of them, that is if we counter attack properly. Salgado and Roberto Carlos like to venture forward and join in on the Real attacks, so if we can get the ball up to Nedved and Del Piero after hopefully shutting down their attacks, then Hierro and Helguera will be in for a long night.

Forza Juve.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Once you're down 3-1, things start shifting. I didn't watch the match but I suppose Real switched on the attack and Mallorca (sky-high on confidence) sat back and took every opportunity.
no it wasn't like this yesterday. actually Mallorca could have score more.

but we are not Mallorca. they know how to play Real Madrid in most cases. they already beat them 4-0 this season and 5-1 away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)