CL: Juventus - Real Madrid (2 Viewers)

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
REAL MADRID 1 - 5 R MALLORCA
i think this result isn't good at all for us cause they'll bounce back against us just like they did when they were thrashed 2-4 then played against UTD & knocked them out !!

forza Juve

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
This was Real Madrid's team today...

Casillas; Míchel Salgado, Hierro, Helguera, Roberto Carlos; Makelele, Guti (Morientes, m.65); Figo, Zidane, McManaman (Solari, m.53); y Ronaldo (Portillo, m.78).

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++

They don't care about the league - it's Champions League or bust for them.
Actually they want the league preety bad.
They got the CL last year. The League went to Valencia. So i'm sure that they care about it.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++
We are 5 times better than Mallorca.

That means 5*5=25
And we have a better defence than them.

Real-Juve 0-25 :D

It's pure maths
nice try Ferrari ;)
is that what you keep telling yourself so you won't panic?! ;)

:D

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++

Actually they want the league preety bad.
They got the CL last year. The League went to Valencia. So i'm sure that they care about it.
Real Madrid is all about the CL. If they finished 2nd in the league the next 10 years but won something like 6 CLs, they wouldn't mind much.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
05/03/2003. Real Madrid have been stunned at home to Mallorca ahead of their Champions League semi-final with Juventus.

The Islanders won 5-1 at a shell-shocked Santiago Bernabeu in the shock result of the season so far.

Real began well, and on nine minutes they were ahead when Steve McManaman found Ronaldo in the box. The Brazilian turned and slotted a low effort into Leo Franco's bottom right corner.

A few minutes later Ronaldo rounded Leo Franco after being put through by Guti, but his shot was cleared off the line by Fernando Nino.

After Samuel Eto'o had given Real a slight scare at the other end, Ivan Helguera headed over for the Merengues.

On 33, Leo Franco made a fine low save from a Zidane free-kick, before Pandiani gave Real a sign of things to come when blasting over just before half-time.

Three minutes after the break, it was 1-1, when Pandiani fired home from close range after Real had got slack on the ball.

Leo Franco then beat away Zidane's long shot, and Ronaldo headed the resulting corner wide.

On 51 minutes, shock, horror. Eto'o was allowed to run at the Real defence, before slotting a nice ball to Riera who calmly curled past Iker Casillas.

Eto'o then broke down the right, and ran at Fernando Hierro before shooting into the side-netting.

Just before the hour Ronaldo fired a very presentable chance wide after a great pass from Zidane.

And he would rue that just four minutes later when Ariel Ibagaza passed to Eto'o on the right side of the penalty area. The Cameroon international skinned Roberto Carlos before blasting low past Casillas. Vicente Del Bosque's team didn't know what had hit them.

It got worse six minutes later. Novo connected with Poli's cross, and when Carlos attempted to clear, he only stabbed the ball into his own net.

Javier Portillo was brought on for Ronaldo, and the youngster had an effort that went wide, as Real looked to restore some sort of respectability to the scoreline.

Claude Makelele saw a long-range effort tipped over by the ever alert Leo Franco.

In injury time substitute Juan Carlos completed Real's misery when he found himself all alone down the left before firing clinically past Casillas.

So a night that saw Mallorca achieve the biggest result in the club's history, and one that the Merengues will want to forget very, very quickly.
SA Europe

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
Wow, 1-5? :eek:
But did they played the 2nd team?
not at all. Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, R.Carlos, Hierro, Mcmanaman... all of them played except Raul.
it was just a bad day.

It's not true that Real doesn't care about winning the league. if so, then why Figo played when he wasn't 100% fit? La Liga is very important for a club like Real Madrid

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
What are the odds of Juve winning? I'm just curious... wondering if the bookies see that Juve has any chance at all against Real away.

I hope we get an away goal, but the most important thing is not to lose.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by juventusi ] ++
March 6 Real Madrid-juve 1-0
20 juve-Real Madrid 2-0 Alessandro Del Piero, Michele Padovano

i have a good feeling about it :angel:
oh yeah and remember the 1998 final? Real Madrid 1-0 JUVENTUS ;)

guys don't get too carried away by the Mallorca win, it was a fluke, things like this happen once in a blue moon. They will be more fored up than ever to take on our weakened side so don't be over optimistic, we should still expect a defeat from this game IMO, the extent of which will be determined by the way we set about the game.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I agree with that, Tom. Real Madrid doesn't take the Spanish League very seriously, especially not when they are several points free at the top. They were unconcentrated and, frankly, not motivated at all and that caused the slip-up against Mallorca.

They will enter the pitch with an entire different mentality agains the almightly Italian Champions (it's a title that brings expectations) and with so many suspensions, I'm afraid we are running the risk of getting slaughtered in the first leg.

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
There is an element of truth to say they had their minds on the match on Tuesday but to lose 1-5?! That's not very professional.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Each game has it's own story. Just because Real lost (actually got trashed) against Mallorca, doesn't mean that they will play in the same way against Juve. Seeing how they played terrible in the second, but played well in the first half can only mean that in the first half they played their normal game, while in the second half they decreased their acceleration so notto be too tired physically and mentally for Tuesday`s big game.

Anyway, just watched on Italian TV Juve's latest training report form this morning, and apparently Lippi seems orientated in playing like this:

Buffon
Thuram Tudor Ferrara Iuliano Pessotto
Zambrotta Tudor Nedved
Del Piero Trezeguet

So that means Camoranesi out of the game, at least initially. I think he could have used his technique pretty well on that right flank, but then again, Zambrotta is much more on form at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)