CL: Juventus - Real Madrid (6 Viewers)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Zambrotta central? That would be a first ;) And I doubt Lippi will want to experiment in such an important match.

I think Fresi does not have enough matches in his legs, let alone experience to play in this game. Conte might prove important, especially thanks to his experience.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
i think that Conte & Tudor will play in mid. for this match with thuram & ferrara playing as central defenders , Biri & zamb as left & right backs , my main concern is how we'll stop their mid from creating chances to ronaldo , in other words how in the hell we'll stop Zidane without Davids & Tacchinardi playing ?!!!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++
I hope none of our players get injured during the international friendlys this week.I hope Nedved wont go because he needs time to rest before we play Real Madrid. Does anyone know exactly who will be going?
I know delpiero thuram and buffon wont be going, but Di Vaio is.
its confirmed now, ITV1 btw!!!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't mean to be pessimistic, I mean we do have a chance against Madrid, but if we do go crashing out, I think our sore lack of defensive midfielders will be the fatal difference. I think Lippi might be forced to use a similar formation to the one used against barca in the second half, which is sad, because I was eagerly anticipating Trezeguet and Del Piero banging them in against Real Madrid. If Del Piero is played as a lone striker, I think he'll struggle in the same way Zala did against Barca (except for that lucky touch), and you can't put DP's performance against Barca completely down to the fact that he's returning from injury. True, he seems to have regained his form, but I think he'll be stranded against Real if he's all alone up front :frown:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Hey guys guess what!!! I have the tickets for the final!!! I had applied at the Uefa site for a pair of tickets over a month ago, and today I received this email:

Dear Football Supporter.

Congratulations. Your application for tickets for the Champions League Final at Old Trafford on May 28 2003 has been successful. Your credit card has now been charged and the tickets will be despatched to you at the address you registered.
They will arrive with you by May 23. If you have not received the tickets by May 23 please contact the ticketline at [email protected] or call 0870 1602844 or +44 1782 741969.

Woo!! Now please juve don't screw me! I paid over 100GBP for those tickets + flight tickets, accomodation and all. Pretty please win against Real, you have to..I only saw them once when they came to Malta in 1999 for a friendly...I want to see them win...go juve!

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Zambrotta central? That would be a first ;) And I doubt Lippi will want to experiment in such an important match.

I think Fresi does not have enough matches in his legs, let alone experience to play in this game. Conte might prove important, especially thanks to his experience.

zambrotta played that role last season in 2-3 matches

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Today against sevilla, hierro did another good error!, and after that, a good goal of course!!. He tried to pass the baall to casillas with the chest, but the ball never reached his destiny, and ended in a sevillá player foot, after a cross, casillas was without oppportunity to stop the ball.

keep the good work hierro!
A minor error in your post; Hierro didn't score a goal, it was Helguera.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
yeah the first match is in the bernabeu, may 6th

congrats zizou! i wish i could go... i wanna see juve-man u on NJ but i dont think im gonna go... AHH i wanna see them so bad!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
cheers guys :)

I just hope they do pass, cos I would have wasted 100 sterlings :( since it would be difficult to sell the tickets on such a short period.

Aug 20, 2002
Forza Juve we can score in Madrid i am confident, if we do that and concede up to 2 goals (no more) we can smoke them fools at the Stadium of the Alps :fero:

IMO its all about the away goals we need at least one and then we are in with a chance.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Heard a rumour Ronaldo might not play on Tuesday. Anyone know anything?
If Ronaldo is not going to play then juve will have a very good chance because he is the real dangerin this match

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
yeah...i think so...no doubt.
the fat boy is really dangerous to us...

but he can't do nothing if he didn't get support from other real player...especially zz, r.carlos and figo....so, watch out for them...

do you think zz will focusing 100% in the match agaist us....how he will react after he score the goal against us???

i hope he will play emotionally when he face alex, conte, ferrara, zambo and tachhi....:D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
hehe you are already sure Zidane will score against us? Don't forget that whenever Zidane played against an Italian team, he never shone ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
You`re too Paranoid...Paranoia :D

Seriously, Lippi won't make the same mistakes Ferguson did in the first leg (leave too much space for the counter attacks).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)