[CL] Juventus - M. Tel Aviv (39 Viewers)

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #821
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

True.... no arguments here, but do you think it was all down to this?
    Maybe not all, but still, Bayern had a huge advantage playing in front of their fans.

And as Stuart said, Bayern's play is based on Makaay. If you can stop him, you'll stop Bayern.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT
    Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 6, Tudor 6, Zambrotta 6.5; Camoranesi 7, Emerson 6, Tacchinardi 6, Nedved 6; Trezeguet 5.5, Ibrahimovic 5.5 (Olivera s.v.).

TUTTOSPORT
    Buffon 6.5; Zebina 5.5, Thuram 6.5, Tudor 6, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 6.5, Emerson 5.5, Tacchinardi 6, Nedved 6; Trezeguet 5.5, Ibrahimovic 5.5 (Olivera s.v.).

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT
    Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 7, Tudor 6.5, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 7, Emerson 6.5, Tacchinardi 6, Nedved 6.5; Trezeguet 6, Ibrahimovic 6 (Olivera s.v.).

LA STAMPA
    Buffon 6,5; Zebina 6, Thuram 7, Tudor 6, Zambrotta 6.5; Camoranesi 6.5, Emerson 5.5, Tacchinardi 5.5, Nedved 6.5; Trezeguet 5.5, Ibrahimovic 5.5 (Olivera s.v.).

CORRIERE DELLA SERA
    Buffon 6,5; Zebina 6.5, Thuram 7, Tudor 7, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 7, Emerson 7.5, Tacchinardi 7, Nedved 6; Trezeguet 6.5, Ibrahimovic 7(Olivera s.v.).

LA REPUBBLICA
    Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 6.5, Tudor 6, Zambrotta 6.5; Camoranesi 6.5, Emerson 6, Tacchinardi 5.5, Nedved 6; Trezeguet 5.5, Ibrahimovic 5.5 (Olivera s.v.).

:)
    I don't know how ppl like this partnership...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

And as Stuart said, Bayern's play is based on Makaay. If you can stop him, you'll stop Bayern.
    I dont think it's that simple... it will help a lot though. Cannavaro is the best player for that. I'm sure he can make Makaay completely useless.

However, assuming that Munich is Makaay is false. Ballack, Pizzaro, Ze Roberto, and even Salihamidic are threats to the goal. Let's not forgot what a fit an injury-less Deisler is capable of too.

Looking at their game, I think that they play better and more organized football than us.

Let me add that I think that we are more dependant on Nedved then they are on Makaay!!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

I don't know how ppl like this partnership...
    Well the Zlatan-Trez partnership has produced more than any other partnership so I guess that's why alot of people favour it. DP needs to prove to Capello that he's an important player for this Juve side. He hasn't done it so far this season and if he doesn't he'll find himself being third choice behind Ibrahimovic and Trezeguet, it's as simple as that.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Don't let Bayern's win fool you. Shut down Makaay and you shut down Bayern, Ajax just weren't able to do that. Thankfully our defence and defensive midfield is alot better than Ajax's so I'm confident of a good result in Turin. A draw in Germany would satisfy me.
    rhats the problem... nakkay is ju7st a trouble in the area.

From the results and the way we have played...maybe we will not do good against them.-..
    but of course we can beat them with the players we have..

anyways... all the doubts will be cleared in that game and we will know how good we are.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

I dont think it's that simple... it will help a lot though. Cannavaro is the best player for that. I'm sure he can make Makaay completely useless.

However, assuming that Munich is Makaay is false. Ballack, Pizzaro, Ze Roberto, and even Salihamidic are threats to the goal. Let's not forgot what a fit an injury-less Deisler is capable of too.

Looking at their game, I think that they play better and more organized football than us.

Let me add that I think that we are more dependant on Nedved then they are on Makaay!!
    Ballack is class and I really like Deisler, but Bayern Munchen lose so much of their danger when Makaay isn't involved. The other players can play a part, but Makaay really is key for them.

Do we depend on Nedved more than they depend on Makaay? Maybe, but without Makaay I don't see Bayern as a major threat. I guess other clubs don't see us as a major threat without Nedved, so your point is valid. Let's just hope that Pavel is healthy when we face Bayern.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Ballack is class and I really like Deisler, but Bayern Munchen lose so much of their danger when Makaay isn't involved. The other players can play a part, but Makaay really is key for them.

Do we depend on Nedved more than they depend on Makaay? Maybe, but without Makaay I don't see Bayern as a major threat. I guess other clubs don't see us as a major threat without Nedved, so your point is valid. Let's just hope that Pavel is healthy when we face Bayern.

I hope so too... My concern over Nedved led to this post after the M. Tel Aviv game:

Am I the only who's dissapointed at Capello for keeping Nedved on for the whole game? Not only was Nedved badly injured before the game, and not only was he receiving tough takles, but he also had a yellow card from the Ajax game. The last thing we needed was for him to get injured or suspended when we have our most important game of the group next at home vs. Bayern!

Don Fabio only used ONE (1) of his subs the whole game and that came in the 80th minute for a player who was fit and needed more playing time with the team! Maybe it was because of the yellow card that he received about half way into the game.

Trezeguet also had an injury... why wasn't he subbed for DP or even Zalayetta?

Subbing once is just unnacceptable when we have burn-out/injuries/ and suspensions to worry about.

I'm furious with Capello's lack of long term descision making.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

We beat Milan away this year without our key players.

And Bayern played Ajax at home while we were away.
    C'mon...that match with Milan was really no more than an exibition.....

You really think we'd do the same to Ajax at home ???

I have 2 words for you : Maccabi Tel Aviv !!!!

Or is that 3 words ???!!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

We have played weak in every game thus far.

The scorelines dont tell the stories of the games...wait until we play a Milan, or Bayern and we'll see just how good we really are. Samp, Brescia, and Palermo aint Milan, Inter, or Bayern..............

btw- Bayern scored 3 more than us against Ajax, without conceeding.

that tells you something........................
    Bayern scored their first goal from a counter-attack, the second one was a free - kick and the third a penalty. After that, Ajax broke down and ran on the field like headless chickens.

Believe me, I watch the Bayern more often, and the are weak.

Give our team some time, we have a new player in every major position, so its clear, that they have to find the right way. After all, we are as good as through in the CL and are leaders in Italy, so whats wrong???

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Forget about bayern guys , i am talking about what happened that changed our offensive capabilites , 9 goals in 3 matches , then 1-0 , 1-0 with our full squad???

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    1. Our string of good luck ended.
    2. We faced better teams not relegation battlers.
    3. Juve doesn't have to physical preparation advantage that it had over the rest of the teams in the begining of the season.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    1. Our string of good luck ended.
    2. We faced better teams not relegation battlers.
    3. Juve doesn't have to physical preparation advantage that it had over the rest of the teams in the begining of the season.
    Okay, than we are a shit team, thats what you want to say?

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    my...my, i cant believe u guys. we won 1-0 and u are complaining? okay, okay...it's not a convincing result, but be thankful for that. we will play better against Bayern.

i remembered when bayern drew with maccabi, some ppl say they are shite. and now just bcoz they won 4-0 and ppl are saying they are awesome? urrghhh!! i'm fed-up

Aug 1, 2003
    Trez-Zlatan is better than DP-Zlatan I reckon, but I haven't seen much of Juve so wouldn't really know

We should shut down Makaay indeed but I hope it didn't become like MU vs Fenerbahce, where they guarded Nistelrooy but let others roam free.

And, em, why is everyone getting so emotional about this? It's been barely 10 games and Juve might not be convincing but we get the job done, and there's not really a deep problem like last season, so just chill. For the moment.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
    my...my, i cant believe u guys. we won 1-0 and u are complaining? okay, okay...it's not a convincing result, but be thankful for that. we will play better against Bayern.

i remembered when bayern drew with maccabi, some ppl say they are shite. and now just bcoz they won 4-0 and ppl are saying they are awesome? urrghhh!! i'm fed-up
    100% agree. Sometimes, I wonder about the guys in here!

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
    see as i predicted milan were luck damn inzaghi came off to bench to score in 88th min making it 2-1, pirlo deflected free kick 91 min. celtic trailed 1-0 at half time and were out played, but they dominated the secon half. and deserved at least a draw I hate milan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)