[CL] Juventus - Liverpool (2 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
I could understand the disappointment (I have been through worse: think Deportivo). However, Juve never acknowledged the fact that LIVERPOOL was up after the first game...they never had the DO OR DIE spirit that teams should have when they face elimination. They didn't WORRY ENOUGH and spent too much time being confident....home field advantage, Delle Alpi, we are Juve, We beat REAL.....
It means nothing: at the end of the day THIS GAME MATTERED MOST.
Very true I'm afraid. Beating Real 2-0 has seemed to make our players think we're invincible - when we're far from it. Spanish teams cannot defend - its more or less a fact. Any Juve fan worth his/her salt will tell you that we struggle to break down, or even create more than 1 worthwhile chance against any team that can

a) defend or
b) has all men behind the ball.

Just think to the 0-0 at SDA earlier in the year against you lot - thats our problem, no incisive players, no creativity and no goddam urgency!

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by day walker ] ++
we need a good coch and good midfielders and a right back defender
We need:
+good coach
+at least 1 CB (thuram is starting to show old age)
+RB definitely
+A whole new set of Midfielders (AM, DM, LMF, RMF/ or w/e)
+Gilardino

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Only thing I can say is Oh My God.

First note: THE REF TEAM WAS HORRIBLE. Its like whenever we try to attack its offside. What about those bad tackles from pools players, no cards... not even a foul.. What about the penalty after cannavaro's header.. nothing..

Second: Liverpool closed the match pretty well..

Third: OLIVERA was the worst player of both sides.

Fourth: Our mid field was really not active. The fact that Nedved is still out of form was really a killer..

Fifth: No blame goes to the attacker although Zlatan wasted a really easy chance in the first half.

I think the one who really killed the match was the Ref and the linesmen. They should take 101 how to judge offside and 101 what are the things that causes penalties.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by loyada ] ++
“We must admit that Liverpool defended solidly and were unstoppable in the air. They deserved to qualify,”
Are you Antti Muurinen in disguise? Have you even been watching during this season how your team plays? Your team hasn't anything in the air this season.

“We gave everything we had and performed well enough, hoping to snatch a goal from somewhere, but unfortunately we were unable to score. Liverpool are a tough team to face.”
Where was this performance, I didn't see it. Is it soon available on DVD so I can also watch that. How come performance can win you a match? Isn't it goals that count and not the performance?

“I don’t feel it right to blame the lads, as it was a very balanced game and our opponents kept us on our toes with the threat of the counter-attack. That’s why they’ve done very well away from home this season.”
Yes, it wasn't the players who chose the starting eleven, was it.

Massimo

Oct 10, 2004
Buffon 6.5
Thuram 5.5
Montero 3.5
Cannavaro 7
Zambrotta 7
Emerson 4
Nedved 5
Camoranesi 6
Olivera 5
Zlatan 6
Del Piero 5

Zalayeta -
Appiah -
Pessotto -

total = 5.5:(

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
It has always been said that Moggi's a transfer guru. IMO the time has ome for him to prove it.
Moggi's time at Juve is limited.. With Elkann's era, there will be new management; one I believe that splashes out the cash too... I dunno, these are just rumors, but could be true..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)