[CL] Juventus - Liverpool (1 Viewer)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Philipp00 ] ++
Miccoli said that he is happy that we were kicked out.
F*** you, Miccoli and shut up
Instead of waching CL from the TV,
he sould train more, or do smth, not to become seria B player next year

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Philipp00 ] ++
Miccoli said that he is happy that we were kicked out.
F*** you, Miccoli and shut up
i am regret that he was one of my favourite player before....!!! now i wish all the worst to viola and see them in serie B soon...!!!

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
first i heard about miccoli saying this but im not surprised. even watching the juve vs viola match, you could see how much miccoli and maseca wanted to win. i cant see miccoli playing for juve its clear he dosent want 2

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
TBH, I agree with what most here said. IMO this patience thing is crap. I swear, had I not known the result from the first match I would have though we had the aggregate lead!

We simply didnt play with enough urgency-
No disrespect to Canna, as he almost singlehandedly got us through to the semis on his offensive efforts. But the thought has actually occurred to me that we may have been better off had Canna not scored at Anfield and we went home down 0-2 instead of 1-2.

How's that for f$@#ed up?

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
just go over it guys . we sucked much and that's part of the game , Focus now on winning the scudetto cause if we didn't we all know who will win it !!

forza Juventus FC

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

No disrespect to Canna, as he almost singlehandedly got us through to the semis on his offensive efforts. But the thought has actually occurred to me that we may have been better off had Canna not scored at Anfield and we went home down 0-2 instead of 1-2.

How's that for f$@#ed up?
True, we would've approached the game in a much different manner. Ah well, what's done is done. I can't really see any positives to take away from the tie but hopefully we'll learn from the mistakes we made.

@Miccoli: Vaffanculo!

Apr 26, 2004
Juventus can’t catch up with the 2-1 conceded last week at Anfield. 0-0 allows Liverpool to qualify to semi-finals. Capello’s squad is out.

The match is much struggled in the midfield. The Bianconeri try to control the game but Liverpool defend and leave little room. The first occasion is for Zambrotta after 11 minutes, when he serves Ibrahimovic from the left flank, but the striker’s finish from the central position is not precise. On 24’ minutes, a good pass between the Swede and Nedved, but the Czech is found offside. Meanwhile, on 19’ minutes, Buffon was first called into action with a save on Luis Garcia assisted by Finnan. In the last fifteen minutes, the pressure from Capello’s squad rises but the English defence keeps good guard.

Capello replaces Olivera with Zalayeta during the break. The Reds attack with Baros who, face to face with Buffon, misses the goal (5’). Then it’s a one-way match under the Bianconeri’s direction. On 6’ minutes, Zalayeta serves Ibrahimovic, who’s finally anticipated by Carragher. On 19’ minutes, after Camoranesi’s free kick, Emerson’s header misses the goal. On 22’ minutes, it’s danger again for Liverpool’s defence but Dudek saves Ibrahimovic’s attempt on goal, served by a precise cross from Camoranesi. Capello’s squad is unlucky on 33’ minutes: on a free kick by Del Piero, Cannavaro’s header hits the post, he tries again but the ball just can’t get in. Then it’s time for an occasion for Liverpool but Biscan’s header is over the goalline. Juventus are back in attack. In the meantime Capello replaces Montero with Pessotto and Camoranesi with Appiah. On 39’ minutes, Del Piero’s attempt on goal with a free kick is cleared by Dudek. The last chance falls to Zambrotta, whose finish from outside the box ends into the goalkeepers’ arms.

JUVENTUS-LIVERPOOL 0-0
JUVENTUS: Buffon, Thuram, Montero (38'sh Pessotto), Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Camoranesi (39'sh Appiah), Emerson, Olivera (1'sh Zalayeta), Nedved, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero. Manager: Capello. Substitutes: Chimenti, Pessotto,
Birindelli, Appiah, Blasi, Zalayeta, Masiello.
LIVERPOOL: Dudek, Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Traoré, Nunez (13'sh Smicer), Biscan, Xabi Alonso, Riise, Luis Garcia (40'sh Le Tallec), Baros (30'sh Cissé). Manager: Benitez. Substitutes: Carson, Cissé, Smicer, Le Tallec,
Warnock, Welsh, Potter
REFEREE: Ivanov
YELLOW CARDS: 29'pt Xabi Alonso, 7'sh Montero, 18'sh Ibrahimovic, 20'sh Zambrotta, 29'sh Emerson, 33'sh Finnan
ATTENDANCE: 55.464
GATE TAKINGS: 3.251.000

Apr 26, 2004
“It was a balanced game, with few scoring occasions, two for us and one for them. If Ibrahimovic had managed to break the tie in the first half, the match would have changed. I think that both the first and second leg should have ended with a draw but, anyway, we do accept the result.” Fabio Capello is disappointed by the exit from Champions League but he doesn’t look for alibis, although the Bianconeri had strong players such as Trezeguet and Zebina missing: “There’s no use in thinking about who was missing – the coach adds – we did all we could, but there wasn’t much room. We knew they would play like this, defending in 10, like they did in Liverpool during the second half. I tried to field Olivera in the midfield, where he played several times with Juventus as well as with the National team, doing well. Then I moved him to the flank, and Camoranesi to the centre, but it was really hard to find a way through. We’re sorry we can’t go on in Champions League but we now have to look at the home championship. We’re struggling side by side with Milan and we’ll have to cope with this defeat as soon as possible. We have to forget it right now.”

Apr 26, 2004
“We could probably qualify to semi-finals but our first 30 minutes in Liverpool were not extraordinary, like Wednesday match. We must admit that we too are responsable for not passing the round.”

Juventus’s Director General Luciano Moggi analysed the Bianconeri’s elimination from Champions League; Capello’s squad might have not been brilliant in the double challenge against Liverpool but undoubtedly luck has not been on their side: “We missed some important players – Moggi continued – and if we look at single episodes we can say we were unlucky, even though, again, we did not play at our best. Anyway, although disappointing, the elimination won’t make me criticize a team who has come one step away from Champions League semi-finals and who’s doing well in the home championship. On the contrary, should we look at the positive side of the thing, we hope that being out of European competitions can turn out to be an advantage in the Scudetto race.”

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Good thing i didnt have access to comp after this game cos id have been banned from here, i was that mad, and the industriAL LANGUAGE WOULD HAVE BEEN TERRIBLE. To be fair all my bile would have been directed at Capello.

Best manager in the world? What a joke? Starts with a nincompoop like Olivera, resorts to long balls against an English side with tall defenders and lets Nedved play for 90 minutes. Too late to comment on the game as its been like forvever now but it still rankles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)