[CL] Juventus - Liverpool (2 Viewers)

Aug 26, 2003
so i am slowly come down from the CL out.

I didn't see the match so far, so i can't comment on the performance of the individuals but i have readed your comments and other reviews.

before the CL match nearly everybody said that we are going to crush them and kick them out. But the fact is that in CL you can't kick out any team, as it says there are only the best in it. But of course we were favourits as we beat real before.

To win the CL you need luck, determination, aggressiv, etc things that we lacked against Liverpool. Even more we were arrogant like Real and therefor i had a bad feeling for this games.

At Anfield we had a terrible first 30 minutes, where we were outplayed like school guys and that is for me only the case as we underestimated them. Also we had bad luck not to draw the game (Del Piero, Zlatan) but when you don't have luck you must make the luck by yourself. something that we it seems can't do, i am certain that teams like Chelsea or Milan would have won or at least drawn the game in Liverpool.
But great Juventus must not do that we stay calm for the rest of the game and think we can win at home. that maybe functionats sometimes but not everytime.

Where other teams try to score we simply don't or maybe can't. sad.. very sad.

then the return leg first of all i had a good feeling, because Gerrad was injured and i thought juve should be able to win against 2nd choice liverpool (some of them). But when i read the comment of Emerson, (something like Pool is no contest) i got really angry, and i thought are we now arrogant like Real or what? at this time i had a really bad feeling and i know that we could go out that evening.

As said before i have not seen the match, but the fact that a defender has the biggest chance of the game says everything. and that is really sad that a team like Juve can't produce more than that at home. But that shows somethow the whole season performance. I think we got to far we maybe should have gone out at Real as we are not strong as Milan or Chelsea.

Overall we had a good season with getting to the last 8 in CL. and still first in Serie A (how long).
We managed to do without Trez nearly the whole season and did good without Nedved too.

we surely missed Trez esp. in Pool match, but we did surprisingly good without Nedved, and that is one of the causes we went out we should have sticked on the 4:3:3 as we did well with it, instead we played an Nedved (i don't critic him) but he could not help the team.

But as everyone knows we don't have the sqaud like Milan, Inter or Chelsea but other dutys that we didn't use against Pool.

Over the whole season we played not a good football and most of our goals came not from good playing, we can't creat and so on...therefor i admire Capello because he has brought as so far, but on the other hand he also made mistakes.

for next season i hope we bring in new players and keep Capello i think we need reinforcements, players like Montero, Ferrara, Blasi, are simply not good enough or to old and change our style of play. Solid defence is important but we i am sad of the cattenacio typ football we play most of the time.

I think we have brought in a new coach this season and some new players and i think we have done an overall good job. We can't expect to win CL and Serie A in the first season with new coach. I know our standards are high and thas great but we also need time.

forza juventus

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yep. It's been two years since we've reached the CL semi-finals, and I know that seems like an eternity for me. I can only imagine the experience for Pool fans over the past couple of decades.

My advice: savor it! This should be an achievement for the club fans to remember.

++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++
I wrote it to post in "You Are More Ugly Than Camilla" thread but Gray made it close.but I just wanted to say it too those Pool fans who don't respect even when we say CONGRADULATIONS!

Bonzo

Apr 15, 2005
First post here folks.

Die hard Juve fan. Always have been.

Now, the match...

It is said that Capello told his players to be patient, but it is clear that they've gone too far down the scale. They needed urgency and they didn't seem to produce.

They seemed almost laxidasical at times and it appeared to me that they really didn't care. They showed no passion. Even the way they passed and moved, their body language. They didn't want it as much as Liverpool and when it comes down to a scenario like that, there really isn't much you can do as a supporter but sit in despair as some of the finest attacking players in the world don't bother their backsides to get a goal.

That raises another point. Juventus clearly have the ability to score goals, and the ability individually in the defenders to go out and play like a team that wants to win by 3 or 4 goals. So why don't they do it? I admire Capello and how he has changed Juventus since last season, but he really has to be more adventurous...

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Yep. It's been two years since we've reached the CL semi-finals, and I know that seems like an eternity for me. I can only imagine the experience for Pool fans over the past couple of decades.

My advice: savor it! This should be an achievement for the club fans to remember.
Add getting whipped every time by Fiorentina and Parma (I believe that's Juves 'hate' clubs, maybe I'm wrong) and you will start to have a pretty close idea ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah they are some of the big ones, however some Romanisti will argue that their club was founded to fight and hate the oligopoly of the North. Funny thing is they focus 90% of their hate on us.

So right now Roma and the other two are top.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
TBH, I agree with what most here said. IMO this patience thing is crap. I swear, had I not known the result from the first match I would have though we had the aggregate lead!

We simply didnt play with enough urgency-

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++

That post was very Blandest/Burke/Incubo of you. Its like little parts of each one. Did they inspire you?

It worked too, you used to be totally not good at arguing :D But it aint cool to steal someones style :undecide:
Well I don't know about Burke and Blandest, but I love the Jog on thing, and yea it's from Incubo:)...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Why can't we debate like civilized people on this forum? Why do we have to post personal insults to prove our point? Sheesh.
This is what am trying to do, but sometimes it's nice to laugh at people like MonkAss,

i love it:D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Dude, almost every club is a "hate" club for us. We're Juventus, remember?

Roma, Parma, Torino, Fiorentina, Inter, Samp, Genoa...
add : Milan, Lazio, Madrid, Manchester, L'pool, we are hated and i love it!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
TBH, I agree with what most here said. IMO this patience thing is crap. I swear, had I not known the result from the first match I would have though we had the aggregate lead!

We simply didnt play with enough urgency-
Agreed.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
just realised now that i am awake and this is not a nightmare guys i cant describe how i have been feeling for the past couple of days why i mean what did we do i have been counting the days for the CL since the last time we got knocked from Depor this year i had hopes in reaching the final against Milan and i even dreamed of doing the double why god all my hopes to see ALe lifting the CL trophy with black and white papers flying around in the air and the CL theme music playing with the final picture taken of the guys smiling after a historical CL final i didnt ask for alot but then we crashed and the worst thing we crashed without trying i mean 1-0 is'it so hard for juve to win 1-0 against liverpool a team thats alot weaker than us or at least they say i mean this team is my life why they had to ruin'it what the fuk happend there we didnt try to attack Liverpool why why why why why why now we have to wait for another year like the last one juve deserve better juve deserve better the greatest club in history deserve better cappello and moggi this is juve and moggi spend money we have'it get the club what we need and ffs cappello i used to think that ur the greatest coach on earth but what happend to ur attractive realistic football remember roma oh my god 2 days and i cant think of anything else but u know what guys this team is my life as i said before so if its writen for me that my life must be like this so be'it FORZA JUVE FOREVER.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++
dont know if you guys saw this article on goal.com

good stuff
-----------
Juventus: Analysis Of A Downfall
4/14/2005 4:55:00 PM
The European dreams for the Bianconeri were wiped out by Liverpool on Wednesday night after an opaque performance by Fabio Capello’s side. However this result might mean more than just a simple elimination as we take a look at what were the causes and what will happen now.
Juventus were a pale shadow of the team that defeated Real Madrid in the previous round: character and grit were completely missing which the Old Lady is usually renowned for, as the Bianconeri hardly tried to push forward in a match which they needed to win at all costs. In fact this is probably what mostly disappoints the Juve fans as their beloved squad hardly tried to win a game which was well within their reach.

Liverpool are a good team, no doubt about that, but Juventus are on paper probably a notch above the English side. However, as was proven on Wednesday, there is a big difference between being better and actually proving on the field that you are better. This was the case in the two legs which exposed the Bianconeri’s evident problems in midfield and attack.

a very good acrticle about juve and the future and the cause of loss to liverpool:down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)