CL: Juventus - Deportivo (2 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
i admire those of you who think we could even come out with a draw against Milan and those of you who think we have a chance vs. Lazio!
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Lazio along with Depor are one of our most cursed teams, we never seem to be able to beat them. I have no confidence whatsoever in our team to win anything this season.
But u are not getting my point guys....

We already know that our season will not radically improve... Our team has been playing bad since long time ago, and it will not change. Our chances of winning a trophy this season are going down the drain....and we all know that Roma and AC MIlan are much better than us.

Just lets try to forget what happened...... the error is of Moggi and cia because they didnt did what they had to.

Just lets have fun and see what will happen in the rest of the season.

We have had bad seasons before... so i can wait for a bad season after 2 consecutive positive ones ;)

But something have to be done in the end of the season, thats clear.
well, we can only wait for the summer and to pray for good signings.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
To be honest, I woke up this morning, looked at the result online and went to take a shower... all in the space of 10 seconds.

I really wasn't expecting much from our team today, so i wasn't too disappointed. Not that I don't care; i just wasn't really taken by surprise at all :lazy:

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
To be honest, I woke up this morning, looked at the result online and went to take a shower... all in the space of 10 seconds.

I really wasn't expecting much from our team today, so i wasn't too disappointed. Not that I don't care; i just wasn't really taken by surprise at all :lazy:
we have the same feeling here.

Nov 1, 2002
Okay, let's drop all our ambitions and just be like Liverpool supporters resting on our laurels in the next 50 years, saying "Oh it doesn't matter that we got relegated to Serie C3, remember that period where we won 2 scudetti in a row and made it to the final?
well if you dont want to stay calm go change the whole team and the coach every year and call juve INTER
Juve always looking for future when they buy players they buy young talents but when the team need big signs like when they lost zidane they needed to fill the space and now they have to fill some spaces thats all
the attack doing well scoring many goals
only the defence and DM need to rebuild
and when we lose we see whats the problems we have to fill
juve have won 27 scudetto and many european championships thats because of thier mentality and i dont want this metality to change
there is only too much old players and the team have to rebuild nothing more.

The first part isn't their fault, but you can't just say "Give the players a break, they just conceded an early goal". Don't go blaming luck or anything, we're just a shite team atm
if you call Juve shit this the end of the talk ur not true fan
go support inter and put them more down by ur words like how thier fans doing...
did you see what they did to Vieri??????

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
**** OFF DEPOR ! EVERY DAMN YEAR ITS THE SAME STINKY BASTARDS

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
there's no time to mope around for the players (and us), they need to rebound ASAP coz we have milan in town this weekend and then we're off to rome to face lazio.

cheer up guys.....:D

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Cheer up ? theres nothing left to cheer about this season :down:

The Scudetto .... bah who cares.... 27 ... 28. .... whatever.. and the Coppa Italia is worthless....

I abhor Depor.

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
Hi guys,

Losing the match isn't really the end of the road. I mean yeah, anyone can be pessimistic looking such a poor result and team. But comes to think about it, we can still go to CL next season (by current standing in Liga).

For me now, I am just waiting calmly for the end of the season, and waiting nervously for changes in the next season.

Forza Juve.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve_26 ] ++

if you call Juve shit this the end of the talk ur not true fan
go support inter and put them more down by ur words like how thier fans doing...
:rolleyes: Why did i ge the feeling i'd get the "you're not a true supporter" talk? Notice i said "we're a shite team atm", which is the absolue bloody truth. We're playing terribly AT THE MOMENT and don't have a snowball's chance in hell of competing with Europe's best week in, week out.

Maybe we should be glad that we got knocked out early so we wouldn't get embarassed 5-0 by Real Madrid in Turin. Okay that was a bit overboard but spare me the "true supporter" talk, please.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
**** OFF DEPOR ! EVERY DAMN YEAR ITS THE SAME STINKY BASTARDS

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

but this year we deserve it

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Guys, face the facts. Close but no cigar this season. We played bad and deserved to loose. Don't be sore loosers about it. In fact true fans accepted losses. My father once told me, never blame your own failures on others. So why should be blame Juventus' failures on Deportivo. Deportivo played the game well and knocked an undetermined Juventus out of the Champions League. There is nothing we can do, but hope for a better campaign next season.

There it is. No fuss. If we want to improve, we obviously need to improve in areas. Let's hope Moggi makes the right moves this summer and that Lippi and the team can resolve and start playing like a solid team. I truly give props to Milan this season. They are really playing like one unified team. I wouldn't be suprised if them or Munich take the Champions League this year.

Growing Pains, but Juve for Life people. Never loose hope, but face the truth.

FORZA JUVE!

OP
epitaph

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #793
    :sob:
    :down:
    :wallbang:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Juventus Deportivo encounter is now the past. I hope we meet them again next year.

We still have 8 (or 9) more rounds to go in Seria A. A lot can happen, and that "a lot" should start this weekend back home.

Why simply give the Scudetto to Milan (or ROMA I should say)?

OP
    epitaph

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #795
    TURIN, March 9 (Champions League) - Juventus' obsession with winning the Champions League will eat away at their fans, players and coach for at least another season after they crashed out of this year's competition at the hands of Deportivo La Coruna.

Walter Pandiani's goal for the visitors, who led 1-0 from the first leg, in the 12th minute left Juve needing three goals to progress into the quarter-finals, and the cushion proved more than enough as a disappointing Juve side lacked inspiration throughout.

Juve can point to their injury problems - striker David Trezeguet was missing while Alessandro Del Piero limped out of the action after only five minutes - but they can have no complaints about their elimination as they looked second best for most of both legs.

So the Turin giants must now reflect on why they were found so badly wanting, while nobody will want to meet Javier Irureta's slick Deportivo side in the last eight.

Juve restored skipper Del Piero to the starting line-up after he had been rested for the Serie A win at Brescia on Saturday, with Fabrizio Miccoli dropping to the bench.

But the Italian champions must have guessed it would not be their night when the Italy international had to leave the field in the early stages.

The 29-year-old playmaker pulled up with what looked like a recurrence of a calf injury, just seconds after he had sent a teasing cross into the Depor area.

Miccoli replaced Del Piero, but things became even worse for the Turin giants in the 12th minute.

Uruguayan Paolo Montero inexplicably failed to head away a long clearance from Depor keeper Jose Molina, and his international team-mate Pandiani took full advantage, controlling the ball before driving a superb shot into the top left-hand corner.

The goal left Juve punch drunk and they struggled to regain their composure, Mauro Camoranesi firing wide in the 16th minute after Marco Di Vaio had cut the ball back into his path from the left.

Italy international Camoranesi then chipped a clever ball through for Pavel Nedved, but the European Footballer of the Year just failed to get a toe to the ball before Molina came out to claim.

Pandiani was full of confidence after the goal and he almost put the tie beyond any doubt in the 27th minute, his audacious overhead kick flying just wide after Victor's left-wing cross had been deflected into his path by Ciro Ferrara.

Ferrara kept Juve in it five minutes later, showing real courage to throw himself into the path of Albert Luque's fierce left-foot volley, before Miccoli missed a great chance to level the scores on the night when he shot straight at Molina following another clever pass from Camoranesi.

Victor for Depor and Nedved for Juve both squandered acceptable chances as the half drew to a close with the Galicians firmly in charge.

The home fans would have been hoping their side would start the second half with the accelerator pressed to the floor, but they were disappointed as Depor's defence, with Portuguese international Jorge Andrade outstanding, had little difficulty repelling Juve's predictable forays forward.

The only time Marcello Lippi's team really threatened was in a four-minute spell midway through the second half.

First Miccoli saw his 25-yard curling free-kick superbly pushed around the post by Molina, and then Ghanaian midfielder Stephen Appiah was left cursing his luck as his speculative long range effort beat Molina but came back off the crossbar.

Juve's fate was sealed when Miccoli was sent clear by a fine pass from Alessio Tacchinardi in the 68th minute, but the pint-sized forward lost his composure at the vital moment and fired wildly high and wide.

Depor almost put the seal on an accomplished performance with a breakaway goal deep into stoppage time, but Victor chipped his effort against the angle of post and crossbar after being teed up by substitute Diego Tristan.

Irureta pleased with Pandiani hunch

Deportivo coach Javier Irureta basked in his decision to prefer Walter Pandiani to Diego Tristan in attack after the Uruguayan sealed the Spaniards' progress to the quarter-finals.

Pandiani scored the only goal of the second leg in Turin as a lacklustre Juve bowed out 2-0 on aggregate.

And Irureta said: 'I chose Pandiani because with a one goal lead to defend from the first leg he seemed the more suited for the kind of game we wanted to play here.

'We controlled the game almost throughout and Pandiani's goal virtually decided it all early on because Juve then needed to score three times.

'It was a much calmer game than we expected even though you know it is never going to be easy away to an Italian team, especially Juventus.

'We are certainly among the best eight sides in Europe, the results show that and I think we are capable of reaching even greater heights.'

Juve boss Marcello Lippi made no effort to avoid using his injury-list as an excuse for the early exit.

Lippi was without the likes of David Trezeguet and Igor Tudor, while Alessandro Del Piero left the field injured.

He said: 'It's a bitter feeling, very sad to go out of the Champions League, especially as we are used to going all the way. What really saddens me is that we couldn't give ourselves a real chance, with our full compliment of players.'

'You need a bit of luck in that sort of situation but we lost Del Piero early on and then gave away a disgraceful goal before straight away missing a chance.

'Despite that we kept trying after the break and had a few chances but you need something to happen to give you some faith,' added the Juventus coach.

'But we'll get over this. At this club we are used to being able to cope with adulation and also great disappointment.'

www.soccernet.com

:down::down::down:

Aug 1, 2003
    Actually IceBlu that looked really nice... How long did it take for you to type down down down down down? :D

Bah, the way we're playing we don't deserve to go through.. But at least we didn't just drop dead and let Depor cruise all along.. Man Appiah's effort was :shocked:

There's always next season, and this season isn't over till we get defeated by Lazio or lose out the contention for Scudetto

Forza Juventus! Keep your spirits up!

OP
    epitaph

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #799
    no..thats not selfish sally its good actually!!btw dont tell me u r not going to school again today!!

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
    Anyone willing to translate

(La Presse)
    Avrebbe barattato il suo Pallone d’Oro per la Champions League, specie per quello successo lo scorso anno. Logico quindi che tra i più dispiaciuti per l’eliminazione per mano del Deportivo ci sia Pavel Nedved. “Sono davvero dispiaciuto, ci tenevo tanto a questa Champions League. Non cerchiamo alibi, il Deportivo ha meritato di passare. Dispiace perché era una squadra alla nostra portata, peccato che in questo momento non eravamo al massimo. Ci sono rimasti il campionato e la Coppa Italia, quindi dobbiamo andare avanti. Comunque voglio ringraziare i tifosi. Abbiamo perso la gara, siamo stati eliminati e quel poco che potevamo fare era giusto farlo, quindi è stato giusto andare sotto la curva a fine gara. Anche per loro cercheremo di rifarci fin da domenica contro il Milan”.

:down::down::down::down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)