[CL] Juventus - Club Brugge (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
JuveBoy said:
Ajax stands for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML. While your are watching the webpage and communicates with the server and exchanges information. For example:

While I use Quick Reply of this forum to submit this post. I press on Post Quick Reply. Without going to other webpage, it submits my post Asynchronous to the server and receives response back and displays it.
Yeah, I noticed that, was just wondering how it is it works. Btw where does XML come into it?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
RochemBeck said:
This is why I bet 200 some dollars on Barcelona. I should have bet everything I had, however if the Manure match stays a draw I will be rolling in the dough.
I bet real money on Barcelona.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
RochemBeck said:
This is why I bet 200 some dollars on Barcelona. I should have bet everything I had, however if the Manure match stays a draw I will be rolling in the dough.

i wish i could gamble :frown:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Martin said:
Yeah, I noticed that, was just wondering how it is it works. Btw where does XML come into it?
You basically have a DIV tag that's open for Javascript to format the asynchronously returned XML as HTML. Something I would know nothing about on my espresso site. :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
swag said:
You basically have a DIV tag that's open for Javascript to format the asynchronously returned XML as HTML. Something I would know nothing about on my espresso site. :)
Oh how cool would it be to have you as a technical reference when I first started working on websites :D

In fact I have half a mind to ask you to fix some buggy css but I get the feeling you're not hip on that :D

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
How ajax works:
it start an HTTP connection with the server and sends a request, but since it is not synchronous, it does not wait for response. Once the response comes, which is an XML. it invokes the function. Remember, since the reponse is usually an XML the call it ajaX. But it can also be a plain text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)