[CL] JUVENTUS - Borussia Mönchengladbach (October 21st, 2015) (19 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'd be surprised if he plays Evra again, but I suppose the fact that we have a very winnable home league game next makes it easier to justify the experience for this one and then Alex Sandro and Dybala for that game.

Actually, we have something of a ridiculous fixture list coming up after Atalanta, so I'm even more convinced that we will see the two expensive buys a lot more soon:

28/10 Sassuolo (A)
31/10 Torino (H)
03/11 Borussia MG (A)
08/11 Empoli (A)
21/11 Milan (H)
25/11 Man City (H)
29/11 Palermo (A)
04/12 Lazio (A)
08/12 Sevilla (A)
13/12 Fiorentina (H)

We're constantly playing big league games before our CL games, even after in the case of one.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'd be surprised if he plays Evra again, but I suppose the fact that we have a very winnable home league game next makes it easier to justify the experience for this one and then Alex Sandro and Dybala for that game.

Actually, we have something of a ridiculous fixture list coming up after Atalanta, so I'm even more convinced that we will see the two expensive buys a lot more soon:

28/10 Sassuolo (A)
31/10 Torino (H)
03/11 Borussia MG (A)
08/11 Empoli (A)
21/11 Milan (H)
25/11 Man City (H)
29/11 Palermo (A)
04/12 Lazio (A)
08/12 Sevilla (A)
13/12 Fiorentina (H)

We're constantly playing big league games before our CL games, even after in the case of one.
Damn what a schedule! It will be interesting to see our strength after the rats game. This is only what shows what a team is made of.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

28/10 Sassuolo (A)
31/10 Torino (H)
03/11 Borussia MG (A)
08/11 Empoli (A)
21/11 Milan (H)
25/11 Man City (H)
29/11 Palermo (A)
04/12 Lazio (A)
08/12 Sevilla (A)
13/12 Fiorentina (H)

We'll hopefully have the group sewn up after playing Gladbach away. Hopefully that allows us to focus on smashing the league.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
I read an interesting statistics yesterday; basically, we score every 17 shots at goal, whilst the teams at the top have all got an average of approximately 1 goal every 7 shots. We are the bottom team of Serie A in this respect and we are also bottom of the goal conceded: 1 goal every 8.5 shots by opposition, even worse then Bologna. I think our season so far is pretty much summed up in these numbers.
As far as tonight is concerned, I will be in the Stadium so no other result but a win.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I read an interesting statistics yesterday; basically, we score every 17 shots at goal, whilst the teams at the top have all got an average of approximately 1 goal every 7 shots. We are the bottom team of Serie A in this respect and we are also bottom of the goal conceded: 1 goal every 8.5 shots by opposition, even worse then Bologna. I think our season so far is pretty much summed up in these numbers.
As far as tonight is concerned, I will be in the Stadium so no other result but a win.
A lot of our shots were from very non-threatining positions. I mean we definitely should've scored more, and I do believe that our finishing is perhaps the main reason for us being that low in the table, but these statistics severely distort realitiy when taken at face value.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm surprised it is even 1 every 8.5 shots conceded, although that will include hit and hope shots from nowhere. Goals conceded per shots on target would be interesting, it seems to be nearly 1 every 1.5 shots or something.

Imagine Brozovic's shot had crept in under the bar, I'm pretty sure that would have been Inter's only actual shot on target. This is happening again and again and really just comes down to luck.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

28/10 Sassuolo (A)
31/10 Torino (H)
03/11 Borussia MG (A)
08/11 Empoli (A)
21/11 Milan (H)
25/11 Man City (H)
29/11 Palermo (A)
04/12 Lazio (A)
08/12 Sevilla (A)
13/12 Fiorentina (H)

Easy fixture, I'm serious, specially if Juve wins tonight.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I'm surprised it is even 1 every 8.5 shots conceded, although that will include hit and hope shots from nowhere. Goals conceded per shots on target would be interesting, it seems to be nearly 1 every 1.5 shots or something.

Imagine Brozovic's shot had crept in under the bar, I'm pretty sure that would have been Inter's only actual shot on target. This is happening again and again and really just comes down to luck.
Ours looks poor but consider the fact that all but Morata are new to the team, they are still gelling. You might say how does that effect their finishing, well I'd say it more effects the type of chance being made, less clear cut. Couple that with a bit of bad luck and you have our current situation.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ours looks poor but consider the fact that all but Morata are new to the team, they are still gelling. You might say how does that effect their finishing, well I'd say it more effects the type of chance being made, less clear cut. Couple that with a bit of bad luck and you have our current situation.
The attack is going to take time to settle, for sure. It's completely new, and I include Morata in that because he doesn't have the partnership or guarantee that Tevez brought to lean on. It also doesn't help that he hasn't really been 100% fit for any part of the season so far. Add in Mandzukic's issues and you are losing what should be goal guarantees, on paper at least.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The attack is going to take time to settle, for sure. It's completely new, and I include Morata in that because he doesn't have the partnership or guarantee that Tevez brought to lean on. It also doesn't help that he hasn't really been 100% fit for any part of the season so far. Add in Mandzukic's issues and you are losing what should be goal guarantees, on paper at least.
:agree:

Mandzu has missed some sitters as well, not quite clicking yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)