[CL] Juventus 3-2 Porto [March 9th, 2021] (6 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
And we laugh at Conte's not winning in Europe with Inter.
Pretty certain he would have got us through against Porto. Some of these guys need their heads shaking and Conte would have done that. We'd probably end up losing in next round though.

- - - Updated - - -

What a good joke.. bye bye Pirlo..
I like your avatar, infact I love it. Best thing I've seen today. Infact I'm going to rewind to the 90's, watch some vintage Juve highlights to keep my sanity.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Pretty certain he would have got us through against Porto. Some of these guys need their heads shaking and Conte would have done that. We'd probably end up losing in next round though.
Who knows what would happen. But I find it hard to believe that he would have done worse than Sarri and Pirlo. Just find it ridiculous that we use this to criticise him when you look at our performances.

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
Where do you guys go for in depth stats? xGoals and the like? Football is such a strange game. One break this way or that way and things are so different. That being said, the 50/50 games where you need a break should be against Madrid, City and the like, not Porto. I guess that’s the difference between right now and where we should be. We are lamenting our bad breaks in the round of 16 against Porto... we should be good enough to be run through Porto regardless of luck.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Pirlo must have been angry when he was watching all those runs on the wings and our midfielders (Arthur mostly) being too slow with the pass or not even attempting to make the pass.
If only we had him in midfield tonight :(
We badly need a good passer.

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
Pirlo must have been angry when he was watching all those runs on the wings and our midfielders (Arthur mostly) being too slow with the pass or not even attempting to make the pass.
Mr suave don’t do angry... just suave. Like our performance.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I disagree with being between two cycles. That was when Allegri was here. When fired him we started the failure cycle and we have been running it at full speed two or three years straight
Decline started under Allegri. We have been in gradual decline year on year for some time now. Allegri, Sarri and Pirlo have all failed to curb the decline thus far.

We still have every advantage to bounce back and at least regain local dominance very quickly.

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
All of our midfielders are way beyond the level of Juventus. All of them.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Mr suave don’t do angry... just suave. Like our performance.
Heh, you're probably right.
But I can soooo imagine him saying "NOW!" when Chiesa and Cuadrado were making a great run and Arthur didn't make the pass on time, or made it when they were offside.
That was his role, he knows it better than anyone, but you need to have that awareness and Arthur/Bentancur don't have it. I can imagine that it frustrates him that he can't teach them how to pick the right moment for the pass, or to make an accurate pass.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Decline started under Allegri. We have been in gradual decline year on year for some time now. Allegri, Sarri and Pirlo have all failed to curb the decline thus far.

We still have every advantage to bounce back and at least regain local dominance very quickly.
I said that, the decline started with Allegri and he got the blame.

The reason why I don't see us bouncing back 7s because of that. The pattern is too obvious

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Very frustrating season. There is something terribly wrong with the mentality of this team. The celebrations after Chiesa's 2nd goal looked like we just won the whole competition, while we still needed to score another one to advance.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

The reason why I don't see us bouncing back 7s because of that. The pattern is too obvious
Sad truth :(
The decline started with Allegri, but not because of him. The directors are the same though from the exact moment the decline started. Many of the players too.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

Honestly I thought last season would be the lowest point before we start improving gradually again. I look at this year's squad and I see very few faces from Allegri's time. We are almost at a brand new group and we should be able to leverage our bigger size to build quicker than Inter who are just becoming a functional team that can compete on 1 front.

We are not in ruin the way Milan was when we won our first title.

Mar 10, 2009

The decline started after 2015. Allegri masked our problems in 2017 imo and they were brutally exposed in that final.

What made Allegri great above all was his winning mentality.

People tend to forget how useless we've been in Europe before and after Allegri. Getting knocked out to the likes of Lyon, Benfica, Galatasary and now 10 men Porto. It was Allegri's winning mentality that won us over Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City and Tottenham (yes Tottenham, our record against English teams was pathetic back then).

- - - Updated - - -

Sad truth :(
The decline started with Allegri, but not because of him. The directors are the same though from the exact moment the decline started. Many of the players too.
Sale of Vidal imo

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The decline started after 2015. Allegri masked our problems in 2017 imo and they were brutally exposed in that final.

People tend to forget how useless we've been in Europe before and after Allegri. Getting knocked out to the likes of Lyon, Benfica, Galatasary and now 10 men Porto. It was Allegri's winning mentality that won us over Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City and Tottenham (yes Tottenham, our record against English teams was pathetic back then).

- - - Updated - - -

Sale of Vidal imo
And tactics, and excellent deep defence

Jan 22, 2016

- - - Updated - - -

Sale of Vidal imo
This. And selling Pogba was cheery on the cake. That Marotta guy totally destroyed us from 2015onwards

he_is_legend

Jun 4, 2012
At least we should learn from this failure, almost everyone should get the sack, rebuild this team starting from management. Let's build a project with the intention to win it all, not only Serie A, everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)