[CL] Juventus 3-2 Porto [March 9th, 2021] (6 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 19, 2007
You are both partially correct. Neither is enough on its own, you need to be regularly dominating teams to build the right habits and make them second nature so that you are not trying to suddenly play an aggressive high tempo for the first time after months of being passive. At the same time you need to have an elite unit and some luck to win the CL.

Triathlon runners spend months training up to it and getting their bodies used to it before the event itself. It makes no sense to try to go from zero to 100 the day of the event. It will almost always fail.
I agree. I just dont think scoring goals is a sure sign to winning long term. You really need a lot of things and I do think that our biggest issue with scoring goals this season is the amount of space we were giving up in the midfield and the lack of ability to commit guys forward has been a major issue. Mckinnie solved some of it with the work rate but we are now unbalanced in a differnt way.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
That is because you a drunkard that still hasn't figured out how to switch to the perfect mobile version of tuz.
I tried it (since you suggested it) but it was pretty meh. When will we have Jj Café app? @Marty

EDIT: Tried again the mobile version for a second, just a big no from me. Just doesn't work that well with phone.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I tried it (since you suggested it) but it was pretty meh. When will we have Jj Café app? @Marty

EDIT: Tried again the mobile version for a second, just a big no from me. Just doesn't work that well with phone.
Get a new phone I guess.

It works flawless.

I have no idea what you on about.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
This lost has effectively ended the footballing season for us Juve fans.

Good to use the free time to research on which club has the integrity for us to support after CR7 leaves.

Or actually, could also signal the end for us as football fans. Real Football is turning into an extremely boring sports theses days. Fifa and PES games are more exciting. MMA is more exciting. Curling is also more exciting than watching khedira play football

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Can you summerize a bit?
They started off speaking about Ronaldo, his performance and mainly his market value as in who will take him on his salary, very few and theres a chance he might stay out his contract.

Then they talk about the game in more details, they spoke about how the first 45 mins our players were terrified, slow and tentative, De Ligt confirming this in post match.

A dig on our motto 'winning isn't everything'. - which someone mentioned on this forum, how we need to look long and hard at the type of vocabulary we use at this club. They spoke about how the old style no longer works

Then they talk about the project, how Artur can't pass fast, they made it out to be that actually were not in too bad position in terms of players, in their opinion they think most positions were ok other than midfield. They think if we need to replace Pirlo it has to be someone with a similar profile and modern style football and not going backwards to someone like Allegri. Supposedly there's plenty of exciting young German managers out there.

They spoke about Porto CB Mbemba how he mentioned in post match they watched several videos of Juve and the freekick, they knew about it, they knew Juve jump and have noone behind in distant freekick, supposedly Sergio practised several times in training.

Again, a lot of this we knew but for me it was just interesting to see the level our opposition can go to, looking into every detail in trying to beat us. Of course getting a freekick in that position might not happen but they were looking at ways. We've just become so predictable. The vocabulary is important but that's a sensitive subject, marketing indirectly has made us soft.
Them of the opinion on sticking to the project was also interesting I mean in hindsight it makes sense chopping and changing would set us back even further but even if we do it has to be a modern style coach with some experience.

I listened to serie Awesome podcast with Mina rzouki and Nicky bandini, which was a pretty decent listen and the consensus from everyone I heard on there and the podcast I summarised was that Ronaldo may not have turned up but they insisted he was not the problem. Again obvious but was interesting to see them all defend him.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
They started off speaking about Ronaldo, his performance and mainly his market value as in who will take him on his salary, very few and theres a chance he might stay out his contract.

Then they talk about the game in more details, they spoke about how the first 45 mins our players were terrified, slow and tentative, De Ligt confirming this in post match.

A dig on our motto 'winning isn't everything'. - which someone mentioned on this forum, how we need to look long and hard at the type of vocabulary we use at this club. They spoke about how the old style no longer works

Then they talk about the project, how Artur can't pass fast, they made it out to be that actually were not in too bad position in terms of players, in their opinion they think most positions were ok other than midfield. They think if we need to replace Pirlo it has to be someone with a similar profile and modern style football and not going backwards to someone like Allegri. Supposedly there's plenty of exciting young German managers out there.

They spoke about Porto CB Mbemba how he mentioned in post match they watched several videos of Juve and the freekick, they knew about it, they knew Juve jump and have noone behind in distant freekick, supposedly Sergio practised several times in training.

Again, a lot of this we knew but for me it was just interesting to see the level our opposition can go to, looking into every detail in trying to beat us. Of course getting a freekick in that position might not happen but they were looking at ways. We've just become so predictable. The vocabulary is important but that's a sensitive subject, marketing indirectly has made us soft.
Them of the opinion on sticking to the project was also interesting I mean in hindsight it makes sense chopping and changing would set us back even further but even if we do it has to be a modern style coach with some experience.

I listened to serie Awesome podcast with Mina rzouki and Nicky bandini, which was a pretty decent listen and the consensus from everyone I heard on there and the podcast I summarised was that Ronaldo may not have turned up but they insisted he was not the problem. Again obvious but was interesting to see them all defend him.
I was the one who mentioned the motto thing in the Agnelli thread. Very good point. We're being all talk, we need to shut the fuck about talking it and get to doing it.

And that studying our wall part is just embarassing tbh. Fuckin embarrassing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)