[CL] JUVENTUS 3-0 Barcelona [11th April, 2017] (2 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah, but I never made a case of Barca being unbeatable like many Juve fans are making based off Serie A only.

Only thing I am concerned about is us missing Busquets or more precisely, possibilty of Andre Gomes replacing him in lineup.

Remember, same Gomes, Juve were after.
and you guys fell for it :beppe:

Mar 10, 2009
With the right mentality we can do this, hopefully we do not enter the game with the "inferiority mentality" as we did with Bayern last year.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
This only enhances chances of needing a plan B, it makes no sense.

And if this is the train of thought, I'd rather have Asa + Sandro on the left, as a LW, with Mandzukic on the bench.
The plan B was exactly what I was mentioning. And Sandro is supposed to be this. Obviously Allegri, sees some really great advantages in 4-2-3-1. So, great, that he thinks its worth keep playing this formation.

Also, what you and me think that is worth having, doesn't matter very much. The point is what Allegri thinks is better. And he thinks that having Mandzu in the field, going late to the second post to meet Cuad's crosses is more worth than having Sandro from the start. Which makes some sense, thinking that he'll have to face Masche in the air and no real rb ;)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Do people actually expect us to press Barca? We are sitting back against virtually every team we've faced in the last while. We bunkered against Napoli.

The only question is whether it will work or not. If Cuadrado can put a ball on Mario's head at the back post when there is Mascherano or some other midget on him.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Do people actually expect us to press Barca? We are sitting back against virtually every team we've faced in the last while. We bunkered against Napoli.

The only question is whether it will work or not. If Cuadrado can put a ball on Mario's head at the back post when there is Mascherano or some other midget on him.
We pressed until we scored in the first game, no?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We pressed until we scored in the first game, no?
I don't remember any real pressure. Mostly just in obvious situations where they are deep in their own corner areas.

I'm actually quite terrified about Barca. I think Napoli was about as good of a tune-up as we could get in Serie A. And Bonucci chasing the ball into midfield, allowing Hamsik to take that vacated area is just so easily repeatable against Barca. And again, how the two CMs shifted too far to Callejon's side and Hamsik was completely unmarked to score from the top of the box. These are situations that could happen twice as often against Barca.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I don't remember any real pressure. Mostly just in obvious situations where they are deep in their own corner areas.

I'm actually quite terrified about Barca. I think Napoli was about as good of a tune-up as we could get in Serie A. And Bonucci chasing the ball into midfield, allowing Hamsik to take that vacated area is just so easily repeatable against Barca. And again, how the two CMs shifted too far to Callejon's side and Hamsik was completely unmarked to score from the top of the box. These are situations that could happen twice as often against Barca.
:tup:
I trust our Jefe and if he wants to start Asamoah, so be it.
I have faith in Max.

I feel Pjanic will be a protagonist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)