[CL] JUVENTUS 3-0 Barcelona [11th April, 2017] (6 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I think Max sees Asa as a more defensive LB than Alex Sandro, so if we're fielding an offensive RB in Alves, he can go for a defensive option on the left...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
EUroMax has ressurected him and the Catalans will witness the fury of Ntwadumela, he who greets with fire. @Tommy

- - - Updated - - -

That little bitch hyena was messi
that one time Messi gets tired of being bullied by Khedira in the middle and decides to go wide, Asamoah and Mandzukic wait for him :warrior:

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I think that if we don't start Sandro, it will be purely so we can have a game-changer on our bench. If we're starting Sandro, we will be playing an almost full strength starting lineup, attacking wise at least. Imagine introducing Sandro near the 65th minute as a LW against a tired Mascherano and a mediocre Roberto (not even sure that Mandzukic will be able to play for 90 mins).

Pjaca's injury was a big blow to us, not because he was integral to our team, but because he allowed us to have an impact sub on the bench. Offered a fresh and creative pair of legs. Now Allegri has to improvise.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I get the idea behind that, BUT

it also means we knowingly start a inferior player "just" to have a super sub later in the game - when it might be too late already. That's crazy imo.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I get the idea behind that, BUT

it also means we knowingly start a inferior player "just" to have a super sub later in the game - when it might be too late already. That's crazy imo.
No it's not crazy. Being a coach means you should also have an alternative solution. Some kind of plan B. A change in case of and injury. You shouldn't go all in and at some point find yourself fucked.

Since we converted to 4-2-3-1, we have been really thin in attack. Since Pjaca got injured (who Allegri trusted a lot from his comments) we have literally no attacking subs.

Allegri decided to keep this formation no matter how thin we might be. Fair enough. But now we have to really be careful. We have a lot of games to play and 3 fronts to compete.

So, what are our possible relatively good attacking alternatives? Pjanic as an AMC, Alves as a AMR, Sandro as an AML. I won't even put on the table Lemina or Sturaro as wingers, none wants to see stuff like this with Barca.

Alves is not very influential as an AMR these days (maybe Allegri also sees some psychological advantages in starting him). Pjanic on the bench is not a very good idea, he has become the centre of the team and a good free kick taker in such a tight match is always a good thing to have. Sandro is the only one who can come in fresh and create havoc. Or in case of an injury come in and not lose a lot in terms of quality. Maybe he is 100% sure that Mandzu can't last long. We don't know exactly.

Do you think that Allegri thinks Asamoah is better as a LB? I really doubt it. But since we are continuing with 4-2-3-1, we have to expect stuff like this and Stu/Lemina as wingers in league games and a lot of energy conservation. We can't do 7 (league) + 5 (CL best case) + 1 (cup) games with 4 guys, 2 of which are 29 and 30, playing every minute.

For me the best change in our situation would be to change to some kind of 4-3-3 (relatively good midfield with Marchisio back and 1 sub in attack). But fortunately, I am not the coach of Juve. So, in Max we trust..

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Sorry guys, you're gonna lose and it's for the best. Won't hurt like the last time since it's only quarters. Promise we'll be gentle ;)

0-1 will be enough
How sure you are about this? From 1-10, how confident? And why?

Btw, for me Barca, was the team I wanted the most from the 4 big ones (Real, Bayern, Atleti) and I can tell you exactly the reasons why.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Barca just lost to Malaga. So whats with this confidence.

- - - Updated - - -

I am confident it'll be a slow match with both teams being careful.

We remember Paris and your team can't ad won't really press that well.
Do you actually watch Juve games these days? You think we play some 1:0 catenaccio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)