[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur [February 13th 2018] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Higuain

• Pjanic

• D. Costa

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I agree maybe for a penalty or a Kane's save by a Gigi.But you just can't have a lesser possession and defend when is 2-2 at your own turf.
But allegri doesn't have enough confidence in sturaro and bentancur that is why we played with disjointed formation which worked for the first ten minutes but we could not do anything afterwards apart from the chances higuain had

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Have you not seen them this season? Did you watch them against Real? In what planet do you think we could beat them in their own ground when we have the likes of Khedira leading the centre?
Is Madrid really having the best of seasons? I don’t think so.

On this one, earth. Tottenham isn’t superior to us. They’re a tough adversary I’ll give you that but on our day we have every chance to win. Question is, will Matuidi be back? That would change things.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Typical fucking Italian mentality. Go 2-0 up completely in control then cowardly sit back and allow a lesser team dominate us at home.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
But allegri doesn't have enough confidence in sturaro and bentancur that is why we played with disjointed formation which worked for the first ten minutes but we could not do anything afterwards apart from the chances higuain had
Was Marchisio not fit?

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Conte's UCL Juve would make up excuses before the match even started.
well Conte had Vucinic-Quagliarella and Matri as strikers.
Best couple under Conte was Tevez-Llorente
While Allegri has much more options.
Sadly we sold too much in the midfield zone and didn't replace with younger players.
So now we have 2 finished players like Khedira and Marchisio due to Injuries and what's not.
One bad midfielder which is Sturato. His good point is running and making fouls.
The 2 good ones are Pjanic and Matuidi with a good kid that can't be relied on (Bentancur).
Last summer we needed at least one more midfielder of Matuidi level.
Sadly Marchisio after a year and half is not the player he was.
And Sami...well Sami is Sami. Average at everything and doesn't excell on anything.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Typical $#@!ing Italian mentality. Go 2-0 up completely in control then cowardly sit back and allow a lesser team dominate us at home.
I felt like it had more to do with the 4-2-3-1 not working. Interested to hear what Allegri says in his press conference.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Eriksen was the MOTM for me. Dembele was fantastic but Eriksen was the one who stood out for me even leaving the free kick aside. That guy got Spurs playing like Barca today.
agreed. i wrote a couple of pages back that i'd take both of these guys in a heartbeat. very, very good players in their respective positions.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Massimiliano Allegri maintains Juventus “have everything it takes to progress” in the Champions League, despite a 2-2 draw with Tottenham.

The Bianconeri had a dream start to this Round of 16 tie, going 2-0 up within nine minutes, but allowed a comeback, missed a penalty and eventually had only 33 per cent possession in Turin.

“It was a good game, Juve made a few mistakes, partly because of their pressure,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“Gigi Buffon made a great save, we had the chance to go 3-0 up and then missed a penalty. We knew there would be difficulties, now the second leg will be a one-off and we’ll try to win.

“It was only normal to have some difficulties. After going 2-0 up, we got too deep and stopped playing, but part of that was also down to Tottenham’s performance. It was still a Champions League Round of 16, let’s not forget.

“It’s a pity we didn’t win, but we have everything it takes to progress to the quarter-finals.

“Tottenham are a very physical and technical team. Apart from one Buffon save, they didn’t have any real chances. We lost the ball playing it out of defence and conceded.”

Juventus changed to a 4-2-3-1 formation, partly due to injuries ruling out Paulo Dybala, Juan Cuadrado, Blaise Matuidi, Andrea Barzagli, Stephan Lichtsteiner and Benedikt Howedes.

“Dybala and Matuidi should be back for the second leg, but that is in a month’s time and we now have to focus on Torino this weekend.”

BUT WHY?! Isn't it your job to stop that from happening?? I don't believe that the players just decided on their own to sit deep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)