[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Bayern [23rd February, 2016] (1 Viewer)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Mandzukic, if he keeps this going will be regarded as legend. Far off it but boy did he make me smile. The passion, the fire that Vidal could dream of. By the way Vidal is a prick.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Bayern has the advantage, indeed, but the important thing here is that our players have now been able to go into the dressing room with their heads held high after experiencing that we can be on par with them if we bring our A-game. Which, unfortunately for us, happened way too late for our own good in this match, but once it happened we were great.

Our players can now be confident we can at least go to the Allianz and frustrate them and that we have a slight hope of going through. After having gone down 0-2 with everything seeming to be dead, I'll definitely take that.

Proud of our comeback here tonight.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
2-2 is as good as 0-2 in my book
You criminally underrate the importance of mental strength in sport. That comeback has dented Munchen, and given us belief that we can also put the ball in the net.

Big teams all react differently to such tests, but don't discount the belief it has given the younger players in the team. All of them made themselves count. It's all about hunger bro.

we are out, mate. Accept it
That is ridiculous.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
If we go out, which is more likely than not, we need to do it playing good football. It will be important for this teams growth, luckily we are at the start of something and not at the end.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nah, calling it like it is.

We needed to win to take the whole tie.

I can't convince myself to be a fake optimist.

We need to up our performance if we are to have any chance at their home.Today's first 60 mins was pitiful.
And then we dominated them the last 30 minutes. Ie. Upped our performance. Seized momentum in the tie... We have the momentum going into the second match. Will we keep it? Who knows... But writing us off is just stupid.

A much worse result for us would have been going up 2-0 and allowing Bayern to come back and tie it 2-2... Going down 2-2 and showing the kind of response we did is absolutely huge in every regard for our players mentality and belief.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Well yeah I don't expect a deep CL run this year, especially when you draw a top 3 side already, but at least we showed what we are about.
Thankfully we did. Now we need to do the same over there. The holes in this team are clear, the onus is now on thr management.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
First one is meh, his arm didn't move at all. Second one rarely every gets called but probably should have been.

TBH their goals were very preventable tonight. The one Müller missed was their best move by far. Too often we stood off and watched.
:agree: especially Robben's goal, that was his trademark move and goal.

Still Bayern looked like they can score anytime they wanted, we need Chiellini and extra bit of luck for a second leg.

Jun 6, 2015
Still in the tie brave performance in the end. So happy for Hernanes delivering a good performance at last. I have to say I'm slightly disappointed by our CBs both made too many mistakes today. Hopefully Chiellini is back for the away game he is the warrior we need in these big games.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yep. Offside goal. And no penalty given.

Again, we get screwed by the ref on decisions.
Goal is not offside although I can understand if it would have been called offside
Penalty?! Nope his arm barely moved - The ball was shot into his arm so no penalty there...
However the ref was disgusting - Too many fouls not being given and Lewandowski should have got a red card!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)