[CL] JUVENTUS 2-1 Borussia Dortmund (February 24th, 2015) (68 Viewers)

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
We were great IMO, and if we match that performance in Germany, we won't get knocked out. Honestly think we have a chance of winning the tournament, we are easily the best defensive team in europe atm. Even when dortmund were on top in the game they didn't even look close to hurting us. Our structure is beautiful to watch. However the big difference is that now we have a threat on the counter which makes all the difference. This means that even under pressure from the opposition we can continue to be a threat(moratta's goal). This is very important because there are teams that are better in terms of ball possession than us in europe.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
It's not good that they scored, especially the way the did. But on the bright side, a win is a win. Obviously we are favourites now since 2 results out of 3 possible will put us through. Hell we could even lose and qualify if we score more than one goal.

It's a shame we didn't win by a larger margin but its good we have everything to play for. Our priority in the second leg should be not conceding and look to exploit them with our counters. If we score before they do its game over for them.

We reacted well to there goal and Pirlo's injury. That kind of a goal can easily break a team mentally but we stood still. Morata was great he almost didn't put a foot wrong all evening.

Also it's a good thing to see Tevez perform on the european stage, he scored and was responsible for 2 or 3 more dangerous attacks for us.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
We were great IMO, and if we match that performance in Germany, we won't get knocked out. Honestly think we have a chance of winning the tournament, we are easily the best defensive team in europe atm. Even when dortmund were on top in the game they didn't even look close to hurting us. Our structure is beautiful to watch. However the big difference is that now we have a threat on the counter which makes all the difference. This means that even under pressure from the opposition we can continue to be a threat(moratta's goal). This is very important because there are teams that are better in terms of ball possession than us in europe.
lol we are not the best defensive team in europe :lol: that would be atletico

the thing about italian defense these days is that once they meet opposition that can dribbles past players the defense will easily panicked and collapse due to the lack of individual defending quality, doesn't help that almost nobody in italian leagues can dribbles for for his life... gervinho is the prime example of this lol, for a guy like him to be able to terrorize serie a :sergio:

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Many Dortmund players are in bad form.

Reus offered little and we gifted him a goal.

Immobile, Aubameyang and Mikhitaryan suck donkey balls.

At this point we are our worst enemy becauae Dortmund can only go through with our mistakes.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yeah, but it wasn't. Now we're in trouble.
I don't think we are in big trouble, we enter the match with one foot in the quarters. Dortmund have to score and I am sure they will storm us in the opening minutes. If we suck up the first pressure and settle our defensive match, it will start getting easier. For once we looked good at the break yesterday and if we play Marchisio instead of Pirlo with Pereyra we are even almost better in hitting counter attacks. I am not saying it's easy but to be honest, it's going to be the best encounter in this stage and the return match is going to be great.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Despite Chiellini's absolutely back-breaking error, an error that basically took us from 100% qualification to significantly less than that, we are still in a great place.

The tactics have dictated themselves for the next match. Dortmund has no choice but to open themselves. We have no choice but to sit back and wait. At the same time they are fighting a tough fight in the league and we are coasting.

The 4-3-1-2 did a good job in the first leg defensively. Offensively it did nothing to help possession but that's ok. There is a reason why this formation looked better against BVB then against fucking Cesena. It's because Dortmund absolutely cannot be allowed to counter. Losing possession in non-dangerous areas to them is actually advantageous. It's like we had more success countering BVB than playing in possession against Cesena, but then again counter attacking has been the most effective way to win matches for quite some time.

This formation invited their fullbacks way up the pitch because that is where we leave space. Sure they try to drop Sahin or Gundogan into their place but those two are possibly the softest and slowest combination of DMs left in the CL.

Of course creating chaos in the centre of the pitch and constantly shielding play to the outside is great for us because when Pogba goes out to the left or Marchisio/Vidal has to go out to the right, they win their battles.

In the second leg I would make a slight adjustment and that is to try and have more distance between our strikers. Both of them would benefit greatly from more isolated actions against BVB defenders. They can beat their men with pace. Sokratis is quick but the rest of the backline is not.

I would really like one forward to stay central and one to shift into that area vacated by the fullback, sort of like how Morata set up Tevez's goal. I think the pairing can shift from side to side depending on where the ball is with each forward taking turns playing central and drifting wide. The more distance you create between the BVB CBs, the worse they will look.

I would also completely scrap any attempt at possession in our defending third. Smashing the ball up the pitch worked great. Even if we don't win the first ball, our midfield absolutely obliterated them to the 2nd ball. We were a bit fortunate today that they could not capitalize on some of our giveaways. A couple cynical fouls helped that but I would really like to avoid those instances.

BVB literally has nothing left to use in attack but their gegenpressing. The only way they can score is by giving our defenders the ball and hoping to force a turnover deep in our half, like Chiellini today.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That fucking mistake...no individual mistakes? Ok, I'll slip on my fucking arse and flounder around on the floor for a while. Jesus fucking christ, every CL tournament there is something.

But yeah, other than that we played the game well, and really should have this one in the bag already. I'm pretty sure we'll score there.

Vidal I thought was very poor with the ball again, I'm making a point of watching him closely and he struggled to make five yard passes to team mates 2-3 times, his control and touch is very dodgy. He's always coming back from some injury and out of form but it's a worry when he is a key man playing the role of a lesser player. He's more like "La Tortuga" than "El Guerrero" right now.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
Klopp: Pogba should have recived a yellow.

:lol: This guy is staring to sound like Garcia.
i saw the interview and he really didn´t get anywhere near garcia.
in the one i saw he even stated that the ref did well and didn´t influence the game in a bad way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)