[CL] JUVENTUS 2-1 Borussia Dortmund (February 24th, 2015) (44 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I don't think Allegri is that stupid Pedro. We saw against Atletico how conservative we were. We didn't open ourselves at all to them. Of course we didn't create anything either but you can see the mentality is different.

I think we will sit deep and try to counter. And in possession we will not put all our men forward.
Well remembered.

That game away against Atletico was perhaps the best I've seen from Juve since going back to CL. It's different from the Chelsea game because I thought Chelsea did look very fragile that time.

Allegri managed to level with Atletico in a beautiful way. The players played with confidence, strenght, and matched Atletico's toughness.

Actually Atletico is a team that last season also didn't have much width. They managed to win games on the dead ball and scoring at the very little chance they got.

But let me remind you. Against Atletico (away - I'm not really taking into consideration the second game, because both teams wanted to draw), Pirlo was injured. Marchisio played as a DM and had a hell of a match.

I don't think we can bring in that intensity with Pirlo. No way.

This formation by Allegri and the decision to play Pirlo are wrong decision IMO. But if he at least will instruct the team to be cautious and not to press up to high on the pitch - there's something to be hopeful there.

And actually Allegri has been letting it out in interviews how important it is not to concede. So yes he probably will approach this game this way.

The problem is that Pirlo will be a huuuge liability if he plays like he's been playing for a long time now.

Let's see if we can have the counter working to create chances. Not the best formation for it, definitely. But with Morata there's a chance, he's good for counters.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Our matches since January:

1-1 Inter (H)
1-3 Napoli (A)
6-1 Verona (H) - Coppa
2-0 Chievo (H)
1-0 Parma (A) - Coppa
0-0 Udinese (A)
3-1 Milan (H)
2-2 Cesena (A)
2-1 Atalanta (H)

After the Verona beating, we played 6 matches. 5 poor matches, 1 good, against Milan.

The big problem is that defense looks more fragile now.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
The thing is: we'll have one more guy in the midfield than them.

So this will probably result in Juve having the ball most of the time, and that's what they want.

But when we have the ball, I really doubt Allegri will allow the team to really push forward. And with this formation, it's the right thing to do. We won't be able to create much.

So it wil be up to Dortmund.

Juve will look for a tight game with little space, hard marking, crowded midfield, little chances.

If Dortmund is very aggressive, the game could become open and have a lot of goals.

If they don't play aggressive, this could very well be a boring 0-0 or 1-0 for any side without many chances.

Juve won't be willing to run many risks. It will only happen if Dortmund decides to go for the risks. And since it's their style of play, and their coach being very confident on their offensive power - this may be an open game with plenty of errors by both sides leading to goals.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Chiellini, Bonucci and Pirlo behaviour when under pressure will be absolutely vital.

If they man mark Pirlo he's out of the game, and there will be a gap that will have to be filled in by Marchisio or Pogba.

Chiellini and Bonucci when pressed will have to go with long balls... can't risk blunders. They will happen due to the amount of times these guys will be under pressure.

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
The way everyone spoke in that press confrence, you would think Juve were the ones fighting relegation and dortmund were the ones walking their league. Our confidence in this league is shit.

Jul 20, 2012
The thing is: we'll have one more guy in the midfield than them.

So this will probably result in Juve having the ball most of the time, and that's what they want.

But when we have the ball, I really doubt Allegri will allow the team to really push forward. And with this formation, it's the right thing to do. We won't be able to create much.

So it wil be up to Dortmund.

Juve will look for a tight game with little space, hard marking, crowded midfield, little chances.

If Dortmund is very aggressive, the game could become open and have a lot of goals.

If they don't play aggressive, this could very well be a boring 0-0 or 1-0 for any side without many chances.

Juve won't be willing to run many risks. It will only happen if Dortmund decides to go for the risks. And since it's their style of play, and their coach being very confident on their offensive power - this may be an open game with plenty of errors by both sides leading to goals.
What happens when we rape them? Will you stop with this negativity

Maldeika

Apr 4, 2013
We should focus on CI and watch out for Roma in Serie A, no way we can get past Dortmund who managed to concede only one goal from Augsburg.
Or only 2 from 18th of the Bundesliga Stuttgart last weekend... - they really have won 3 matches in a row against 3 team of the bottom and now the negative streak is over... Really?

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Chiellini, Bonucci and Pirlo behaviour when under pressure will be absolutely vital.

If they man mark Pirlo he's out of the game, and there will be a gap that will have to be filled in by Marchisio or Pogba.

Chiellini and Bonucci when pressed will have to go with long balls... can't risk blunders. They will happen due to the amount of times these guys will be under pressure.
don't depress me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)