[CL] JUVENTUS 2-1 Borussia Dortmund (February 24th, 2015) (8 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
We're a much better and more stacked team now though. And remember we started with Matri-Quagliarella in Munich. And counter-pressing or not, this Dortmund is nowhere near as good as that $#@!ing machine of a 2012/13 Bayern side. They were one of the most complete teams I've ever seen.
:agree:

No Llorente is very good news.

thats the strongest we have at the moment
I'm not convinced. I'd put Caceres instead of Licht I think and Pirlo is a huge question mark to me. On the other hand Pereyra has been poor too so there's no easy solution in midfield for Allegri.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He used to be very good, but this year his form has taken a vertical plunge, he's been at fault for many goals conceded in the Bundesliga
is that so? i didnt watch Dortmund that much this year so could be. but he would still have to have one hell of a game to have the game of his life :D

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Pereyra is a CM so he would be out of position too. also, i have a feeling Pirlo will improve his motivation level and play a great game.

Padoin over Evra is a joke. Evra is twice the player Padoin is...
I remember somebody (X?) saying that in ARG Perreyra played as winger so he is not a "born" CM either.
And as 3/4 he has done a much better job than Vidal.

Padoin over Evra any day of the week against BVB. Simone might be slow but Evra will need a 10m headstart to win a ball 5m in front of him.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'm not convinced. I'd put Caceres instead of Licht I think and Pirlo is a huge question mark to me. On the other hand Pereyra has been poor too so there's no easy solution in midfield for Allegri.
i forgot about Caceres, Licht has had a drop in form lately so i would play him. is he back 100% from the injury yet? Pirlo/Pereyra is a difficult one but Pirlo has that big game experience and i think that decided whos gonna start...

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
You mean Vidal right?
Vidal is struggling.

But Pereyra has been absent and just doesn't seem to try hard enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember somebody (X?) saying that in ARG Perreyra played as winger so he is not a "born" CM either.

Padoin over Evra any day of the week against BVB. Simone might be slow but Evra will need a 10m headstart to win a ball 5m in front of him.
Yes. I'd also play Padoin. Evra will be toyed with BVB's pace.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

yes but at Udinese he almost exclusively played at CM and i think he does the best job when played there... Vidal as an AM can do a better job pressing their CBs and CDMs that Pereyra and is a bigger threat for their goal with his outside shots. both Marchisio and Pogba are playing well in their roles lately so it would not be so good to disrupt that. Evra, besides being a better player than Pado, has a much better chemistry with Pogba which is very important for our attacking play on that side. the only thing i would change now that i think about it is Caceres over Licht since he seems to be in the better form than Licht lately...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
No way we're not conceding against Dortmund with 4-man defence, Evra and Bonucci in there.
Okay, I see were you're coming from, 3-1 then, with Morata, Tevez and Vidal on the scoresheet. Dortmund to hit one back after Bonucci's blunder.

@DUKAC to cry all night, since Euromax is gonna get us through in the end. :)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I hate this formation so much.

It's not even funny how easy it is to press us when all our players are in the centre of the pitch. Hopefully we play some strong catenaccio and have a 100% chance conversion rate like against Celtic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)