[CL] JUVENTUS 2-1 Borussia Dortmund (February 24th, 2015) (62 Viewers)

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
I m here :)

Anything can happen here. Dortmund on the up with 3 wins in a row, but their football is still far away from being impressive and stable. They r still conceding goals for fun and their counters yesterday were really bad played and so many missed passes like pinball.

Juve also not convincing lately with some relatively poor performances and also not that stable in defense. It could be the nightmare opponent for Dortmund, if Juve play it smart with a stable defense and midfield..not being too open for counter attacks and using their physical and mental strenghts to their advantage..maybe using a standard and then counter them for a 2:0 or holding a 1:0.

On the other hand Dortmund could really hurt Juve with their high intense counter-pressing..their confidence is definitely on the up and the goals they have striked lately resulted from some nice fast direct passing football like in good old times..tough to defend. That Juve dont play pressing is another thing Dortmund ll like and Juve could be the ideal opponent for them with their more 'Italian' approach.

Juve is slight favorite, but I wouldnt bet my money on you.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
We can handle Dortmund, they're still fragile but they will no doubt be hoping their Champions League campaign lasts long as it is the only silver lining to their poor season. So they'll give us hell. It is imperative we score early and not let up the pressure - i expect a performance like we had against Olympiakos, that will keep our crowd going and their confidence will take a good hit. My suggested formation:

Buffon
Licht-Bon-Chiello-Evra
Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba
Marchisio
Tevez-Morata

With Vidal playing beside Pogs and Pirlo he'll be able to protect Pirlo and recover anything lost (box to box). He also has experience with ze germans. Marchisio has been on good form as of late and could be effective as a trequartista, with the game winding down we can switch Pirlo for Pereyra to pack some punch into our lineup and slot marchisio back into Pirlo's role and pereyra forward.

We should be able to come away with a win if Tevez, Pogba or Pirlo show up - although I can see Morata scoring a cheap goal.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Gundogan: Dortmund defending is still sloppy

Jurgen Klopp's men bagged another win to continue clawing out of relegation danger on Friday, but the midfielder is aware there's work to be done

Ilkay Gundogan has slammed Borussia Dortmund's "sloppy" defending, despite the club claiming their third successive Bundesliga victory.

Jurgen Klopp's men have bounced back from falling to the foot of the German top-flight standings and won 3-2 away to Stuttgart on Friday.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Gundogan scored either side of a Florian Klein penalty for Stuttgart, before Marco Reus all but sealed the three points for Dortmund late on.

Georg Niedermeier pulled one back for the home side, but it proved in vain as Dortmund continued their climb up the table, although BVB midfielder Gundogan is concerned with how the team are continuing to leak goals.

"We've got to be somewhat self critical today despite the win," the 24-year-old told reporters.

"We're getting ourselves in front in games, but haven't necessarily been able to keep countering the way we like to and then we end up conceding sloppy goals, like we did tonight from a late corner, which we should never let happen."

Dortmund's third win in a row saw them go 10th in the Bundesliga, although they could be leapfrogged by other clubs in danger of relegation this weekend as their game was the first of matchday 22.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
So how come these guys are struggling to stay in the league and have 11 defeats this season?
Because Bundesliga is an amazing league where we would be relegated, and Dortmund have many problems. But since in the CL they're even better, they'll do this job easily. I can see them getting many counters and impose their gameplay while our poor overrated midfield will watch them unable to do something, like probably, I don't remember, has happened for every other european match at Juventus Stadium.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
My guess on the lineup

Buffon

Caceres Bonucci Chiellini Evra

Marchisio Pirlo Pogba

Vidal

Tevez Morata

I wish Allegri would have tinkered more with the lineup previously, because this isn't the best possible one yet it'll be the one put out there cuz it's too late to make changes.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's obvious that this will be the line-up with Lichtsteiner instead. Playing Vidal out of position and Pirlo against such a team is like shooting yourself in the foot, it looks like we don't want to go further than this stage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)