[CL] JUVENTUS 1-3 Barcelona (June 6th, 2015) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The only more even game would been fully fit Bayern team with their top class wingers, even if Pep would have made it easier still with his suicidal high lines (even if Bayern contained them for 75 mins). But with decisive individual quality going forward, they could have had more of a match yeah. But City are mediocre team even at their best, Barca shit all over them, not score wise, gameplay wise, it was ridicolous how HUGE the quality difference was as teams and in every way. They would won PSG too regardless, Verratti absence hurt the most, but the quality difference was obvious still. IMO Ibra wasnt that missed even if his experience and weight as star would been better to have, it would be hard for him to do anything when they were so dominated in midfield. Only one that could truly helped was Verratti (plus Motta) and even then it wouldnt been enough IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'd pretty much agree with this, minor favs. although I think we could of beaten City + PSG even if they were full strength.

Munich with Robben n Ribbery fit would of been a big ask though.I was even worried about playing them WITHOUT both players lol.Although am naturally cautious.....
:agree:

I think you would have beaten both even at full-strength too. I don't think you beat PSG 3-1 away though with Ibra and Verratti. That result probably becomes a bit more dependent on the 2nd leg at Camp Nou.

Bayern was probably the scariest potential side in CL this year, if healthy, and if Guardiola gets his tactics right to suit the players he has. A healthy and firing-on-all-cylinders Madrid was pretty scary too, as seen by their campaign up to mid-season with Modric healthy, and Benzema and James too.

Either way, we both got a bit of good fortune on the way to the CL final. And we're both basically fully healthy for the final which should hopefully make it a great one. :D

- - - Updated - - -

The only more even game would been fully fit Bayern team with their top class wingers, even if Pep would have made it easier still with his suicidal high lines (even if Bayern contained them for 75 mins). But with decisive individual quality going forward, they could have had more of a match yeah. But City are mediocre team even at their best, Barca $#@! all over them, not score wise, gameplay wise, it was ridicolous how HUGE the quality difference was as teams and in every way. They would won PSG too regardless, Verratti absence hurt the most, but the quality difference was obvious still. IMO Ibra wasnt that missed even if his experience and weight as star would been better to have, it would be hard for him to do anything when they were so dominated in midfield. Only one that could truly helped was Verratti (plus Motta) and even then it wouldnt been enough IMO.

:tup:

I don't think they destroy PSG 5-1 on aggregate, and I think PSG maybe even holds them to a draw at home in that first match, with Verratti and Ibra playing... but Barca still wins that tie.

I mean, the same could be said for us playing Madrid without Benzema and Modric. We likely wouldn't have gotten past the Madrid that was firing on all cylinders in the autumn...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:agree:

I think you would have beaten both even at full-strength too. I don't think you beat PSG 3-1 away though with Ibra and Verratti. That result probably becomes a bit more dependent on the 2nd leg at Camp Nou.

Bayern was probably the scariest potential side in CL this year, if healthy, and if Guardiola gets his tactics right to suit the players he has. A healthy and firing-on-all-cylinders Madrid was pretty scary too, as seen by their campaign up to mid-season with Modric healthy, and Benzema and James too.

Either way, we both got a bit of good fortune on the way to the CL final. And we're both basically fully healthy for the final which should hopefully make it a great one. :D

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

I don't think they destroy PSG 5-1 on aggregate, and I think PSG maybe even holds them to a draw at home in that first match, with Verratti and Ibra playing... but Barca still wins that tie.

I mean, the same could be said for us playing Madrid without Benzema and Modric. We likely wouldn't have gotten past the Madrid that was firing on all cylinders in the autumn...
I only got more assured we could go past Real when they took out Benzema in the 2nd leg and their attacks passing link up died completely and they succumbed to the dumb 40 crosses that go nowhere approach that they had in the 1st leg. I defenitely wouldnt have wanted to face them with Modric, the brain of the brainless, I seen him eat up Barca's midfield effortlessly, and leave Atletico's insane pressurring game moot with his ridicolous ability to allways be one step ahead in every decision.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How the fuck is he underrated? It should be obvious to everyone he is the best in his position (since the previous midfield maestro's declined/about to retire in Xavi-Pirlo and Iniesta).

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I only got more assured we could go past Real when they took out Benzema in the 2nd leg and their attacks passing link up died completely and they succumbed to the dumb 40 crosses that go nowhere approach that they had in the 1st leg. I defenitely wouldnt have wanted to face them with Modric, the brain of the brainless, I seen him eat up Barca's midfield effortlessly, and leave Atletico's insane pressurring game moot with his ridicolous ability to allways be one step ahead in every decision.
It would have been interesting to see how the run-in went in Spain if Modric had been healthy. Madrid looked very very good against Barca in that first match, they really crushed them, but Messi-Suarez-Neymar hadn't really caught fire as a trident at that point.

I was surprised Madrid took Benzema out of the second game. Just back from injury and all, but he didn't look that gassed. That sub really clinched the tie for us. He really makes their attack so much smoother and more intelligent.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
It would have been interesting to see how the run-in went in Spain if Modric had been healthy. Madrid looked very very good against Barca in that first match, they really crushed them, but Messi-Suarez-Neymar hadn't really caught fire as a trident at that point.

I was surprised Madrid took Benzema out of the second game. Just back from injury and all, but he didn't look that gassed. That sub really clinched the tie for us. He really makes their attack so much smoother and more intelligent.
his sub was decisive.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Oh my god, in Mexico you can watch Champions League games in the cinema. Ticket bought, $60 pesos.

Holy shit imagine that big screen and the noise :tuttosport:

olliemorris

Apr 21, 2015
No surprise we'll be the one to make a history (treble), it is understandable that Barcelona are composed goalscoring machine (Messi, Neymar and Suarez) however we have proven we can face tier-team in La Liga (Real Madrid). Our defense is not a question, and I believe we can equalize the Catalans trio we have Tevez, while Alvaro Morata keep his in-form alive.

JUVE FOR TREBLE! :flag2::flag2:

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Last night I dreamt that I was dreaming. I saw barca trashing us in a nightmare, then I woke up to realize I overslept and missed the champs league game. When I turned on the tv, I saw A SHIRTLESS TREZEGUET holding the champs league trophy and we had beaten barca 3-0. And then finally I woke up to the real world.

Aug 26, 2014
Last night I dreamt that I was dreaming. I saw barca trashing us in a nightmare, then I woke up to realize I overslept and missed the champs league game. When I turned on the tv, I saw A SHIRTLESS TREZEGUET holding the champs league trophy and we had beaten barca 3-0. And then finally I woke up to the real world.
Thats some Inception shit right there :D

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
:lol:

Keep the dream reports coming on everybody :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)