[CL] JUVENTUS 1-3 Barcelona (June 6th, 2015) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I really dont get the point of registering onto another team's forum just to defend your club.
People are obviously going to be biased and you cant always expect rational opinions.If you dont like it,maybe you can go have a laugh elsewhere.
This.

It's amusing reading their Thread and all the whining about how disrespectful Tuz is, because we joke around here. Meanwhile, every 3rd post on their thread is someone saying they are going to crush is 4-0 or 7-1, or other such nonsense. They think such predictions aren't disrespectful and way overconfident at all though. :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Yeah how would I know that, I read the rules and it doesn't say so.
You also missed one other key rule . Not surprised though since it's a secret rule .

It falls under the "Other Teams Fans" subsection of the "Registered Users" section .

Pretty much goes like this :
Secret Rule #33 "Thou shalt be banned"

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Btw , has any of our legends given interviews about the upcoming match ? I read the nedved one , but was interested in hearing from trez,del piero,camo and others . Del Piero was in the chairity match tonight apparently , but haven' read about any interviews of his .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I assume this will be the line up:

Buffon

Lichtsteiner-Bonucci-Chiellini-Evra

Marchisio-Pirlo-Pogba

Vidal

Tevez-Morata

--------------------------------

Buffon

Lichtsteiner-Bonucci-Chiellini-Evra

Marchisio-Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba

Tevez-Morata​

Like the games against Real Madrid, when Juve are being aggressive they will go with the 4-3-1-2 and when they drop off it'll be 4-4-2.

The question will be just how bold Juve are prepared to be.

With the 4-3-1-2, you can put huge pressure on Barca's midfield and make it extremely difficult for Barca to work the ball forward. The danger with that is that you will leave at least one of Alves and Alba quite free and you will need the defence to push quite high up to maintain the proper shape of the team. Barca showed against Bayern that they are far more prepared to play the ball long than they used to be, but Juve have to back their defence to deal with those long balls better than Bayern did. Bayern dealt with them horrendously.

With the 4-4-2, you are letting Barca have more comfortable possession in deep areas and focusing more on denying them space in key areas.

The danger is likely to come in the transitional moments between the shapes. If Juve press up in 4-3-1-2 and get it wrong, there will be huge danger if Barca go quickly and attack before Juve can get the men back behind the ball and into the 4-4-2.

Pressing with the 4-3-1-2 would feel an awful lot more secure if you had Marchisio as the spare man behind the midfield rather than Pirlo, but I can't imagine Allegri dropping Pirlo for such a big game. Similarly, one could argue that Barzagli would be much more comfortable playing against Barca's type of forward than either Bonucci or Chiellini, but I can't see a change being made there either.

One change I might make to the posted team, would be to swap Pogba and Marchisio. I back Marchisio to contain either Iniesta or Rakitic, but I'd fancy Pogba's chances of dominating Iniesta in the way that he probably couldn't do to Rakitic due to Rakitic not being a weakling. Shifting Pogba to the right may also open up the chance of getting crosses from the left to him coming in at the back post against Mascherano and Alba and those guys wouldn't have a hope of stopping Pogba in the air. On the other side, Pique is obviously a big guy and Alves is better than Alba at putting in a challnge to put an opponent off, even if he isn't going to win a header.

This Barca is harder to stop than any Barca we've seen since Eto'o left them because they've finally got a centre-forward who runs in behind and opens up space for others. When Allegri's Milan were doing well against Barca, the centre-halves never had to worry about anyone running beyond them, so it was much easier for them to control the space between the defence and the midfield.

I'm way too sleepy to reply in full, but this thread needs more posts like this :tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Back on topic...

Everyone keeps talking about how we've had great luck in our run to the CL final... but no one seems to notice that this Barca has had massive luck too.

ManCity, no Yaya Toure in the first leg. Win 2-1 away from home and basically clinch the tie.

PSG, no Ibra or Verratti in the first leg. Win 3-1 away from home and basically clinch the tie.

Bayern, no Ribery, Robben, or Alaba in either leg. Clinched at home in first leg 3-0. And they were dominated in the return leg at Bayern, lucky to only lose 3-2.

Barca has had great luck when it comes to facing teams not a full-strength due to injuries and card suspensions.

So we're clearly not the only team with luck helping us get to the final.

Aside from this, Barca has 5 wins 1 loss in the 6 knockout games, 13 goals scored - 5 goals against for +8

Juventus has 4 wins - 2 draws in the 6 knockout games, 9 goals scored - 3 goals against for +6

I'm having trouble seeing anything that suggests Barca should be anything other than minor favourites, as in 55-45 at best in terms of percentage.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #891
    Back on topic...

Everyone keeps talking about how we've had great luck in our run to the CL final... but no one seems to notice that this Barca has had massive luck too.

ManCity, no Yaya Toure in the first leg. Win 2-1 away from home and basically clinch the tie.

PSG, no Ibra or Verratti in the first leg. Win 3-1 away from home and basically clinch the tie.

Bayern, no Ribery, Robben, or Alaba in either leg. Clinched at home in first leg 3-0. And they were dominated in the return leg at Bayern, lucky to only lose 3-2.

Barca has had great luck when it comes to facing teams not a full-strength due to injuries and card suspensions.

Aside from this, Barca has 5 wins 1 loss in the 6 knockout games, 13 goals scored - 5 goals against for +8

Juventus has 4 wins - 2 draws in the 6 knockout games, 9 goals scored - 3 goals against for +6

I'm having trouble seeing anything that suggests Barca should be anything other than minor favourites, as in 55-45 at best in terms of percentage.
    :tup:

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
    Back on topic...

:tup:

Jul 1, 2010
    Neuer is a great shot stopper but his positioning and decision-making is not good enough (yet) to be compared to prime Gigi.

He could get there if he improves on those aspects.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #894
    Neuer is a great shot stopper but his positionning and decision-making is not good enough (yet) to be compared to prime Gigi.

He could get there if he improves on those aspects.
    He won't come close to Gigi

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    Neuer is too hot headed to surpass Gigi

I mean the way Bayern play and the fact that they can mop up the BuLi with easy means he kinda gets away with pretending he's a midfielder and even if he gets caught out it means nothing. But his eagerness to run out is going to probably bite him in the ass a lot of times between now and when he's in his mid 30's, and likely it will happen in the occasional big game.

May 19, 2015
    Back on topic...

I'd pretty much agree with this, minor favs. although I think we could of beaten City + PSG even if they were full strength.

Munich with Robben n Ribbery fit would of been a big ask though.I was even worried about playing them WITHOUT both players lol.Although am naturally cautious.....

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    I'd pretty much agree with this, minor favs. although I think we could of beaten City + PSG even if they were full strength.

Munich with Robben n Ribbery fit would of been a big ask though.I was even worried about playing them WITHOUT both players lol.Although am naturally cautious.....
    Oh City would be easy. Defensive organisation and workrate is horrible. Wont ever beat Barcelona.

PSG with Verratti, Zlatan and Tiago Motta ? And David luiz not on the field ? Could have been pretty tough

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)